• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 189,000

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah I am pretty fired up , there was pretty good balance between energy and with the side against Chelsea . Most important thing is we start fast .
Yeah I can actually see the belief growing and carrying us some distance if we can do well in the early fixtures. Then hopefully we're in striking distance later on in the season with a relatively fresh squad when the knockout stages of the CL are tiring United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool. I think we all know Spuds won't be getting out of the group stage. :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I can actually see the belief growing and carrying us some distance if we can do well in the early fixtures. Then hopefully we're in striking distance later on in the season with a relatively fresh squad when the knockout stages of the CL are tiring United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool. I think we all know Spuds won't be getting out of the group stage. :lol:

And we have a ****ing huge squad as well manage their fitness carefully and it could be quite interesting .

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
And we have a ****ing huge squad as well manage their fitness carefully and it could be quite interesting .
Yup that will be the key. We can't change the fact that we aren't in the CL this season but we can use the EL to rotate and keep our squad players ready should they be called upon as well as give some of our promising youngsters valuable experience. It's all about making the best of the hand we've dealt ourselves.

coolaa

I think our team is rock solid since switched 343, we have individual good CB, Kos, Per, Holding, Kolasinac, Monreal to keep us a clean sheet in most games. 5 good CBs for 3 spots.
With Elneny, Xhaka, Coquelin to keep things simple, I am sure Lacazette and Sanchez can combine to score at least a goal per game, that would give us 1-0 scoreline to half bottom teams.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

From 2010 we've only won our opening matchday once!! An indictment of our atrocious preparations which we seem to have rectified this time.

On top of our sketchy opening day performances we have the certifiable Mike Dean and a Friday night kickoff.

A win of any stripe will do me good.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Game day! Yay! So happy that I get to watch our club play again. Since I was a kid it has been a treat to watch Arsenal play more often than not. Supporting this club is a privilege! Growing up outside of London, outside of the UK, I could have easily been some Barca fan boy or a plastic Chelsea fan. Thankfully its not the case. Thank you Arsène for making this club so attractive!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm just hoping my cable doesn't die on me. Been acting funny for the last week or so. I hate to stream games

Ewarwoowar

I doubt Spuds will even try that hard in the CL, I think the stadium move will lower their sights to remaining up there or there abouts in the PL.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Who is my avi?

WHO IS MY AVI?!

The reigning, defending, undisputed, IBF, WBA and WBC middleweight champion of the woooorllddddd! GENNADY TRIPLE G GOLOVKINNNNN!

The man who is going to destroy Canelo Alvarez next month. Get familiar bro ;).
Sorry, don't really watch boxing. Paintball and football are by sports;) But did a little research, The guy is a beast.

Ewarwoowar

Lacazette could have His hands full with Harry Maguire, should Maguire be charged with the task against him. Maguire would most likely play with His hand on Lacas shoulder and feint little tugs on Lacas arms, hardly noticeable to the officials, but effective from a man of His stature on a player much smaller than He, wear him down, psyche him out and knock him off balance.

I think Laca will have the wiles to not be negated, we would still see good stuff from him under pressure, but will also be reliant on others around him to be lively, tugging and pulling at their(Leicesters) defensive game, opening up spaces, give these oafs something to think about, intensity is a must.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Haven't lost to Leicester in 21 premier league games. Last time was in 1994.

We've won the last 10 home games against Leicester in the PL.

We've never lost on a friday in the PL.

Leicester are even worse at PL season openers than we are: we've won 1 out of the last 7, they have only won 1 out of the last 8.

No club in the PL has had more red cards on opening day than we have: 6. Silver lining (I guess): 2 out of the last 3 were for Koscielny and he is banned for this game.

Looking at our history and taking into account that Satan is the ref for our game tonight I would say a draw, a red card for Xhaka and a ban for Arsène after attacking the 4th official.

But ignoring all that, my positive self says 3-1 to the Arsenal. :drool:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The very first Matchday of the season!

giphy.gif

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Starting to feel quite apathetic.

I feel we're on the cusp of greatness but unless we level up even if we have a good start to the season it could all come crashing down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom