• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,934

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticSaint

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/113016-arsenal-post-match-4-3/

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There was a moment in the first half which sort of highlighted Elneny's shortcomings, he received the ball in the middle and could've passed forward to Ox quickly but he went straight back to the defence. He doesn't really have the cutting edge.

Overall though the game pretty much demonstrates where we are: great attack but the defence was the problem last season and it still hasn't been dealt with. Plus something to be desired at CM.

Few thoughts .. Walcott picking up right where he left off, a passenger. Holding was shocking at times, but I think it was nerves. Hope we can keep Giroud, he is so clutch. If Ramsey can stay healthy he will score 12+ this year. He deserves a full season. Giroud and Laca playing together is so dangerous. Power + technique. Still need a CB + CM.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Thank god Ramsey was fit enough to play. His introduction was vital to change the game.

Very impressed with Lacazette and Kolasinac. This was an ideal start to the season imo. We got the 3 points, our new signings showed out, still able to turn games around in the end, great mentality(credit to Wenger for the subs) and our weaknesses was there for all to see, so hopefully we'll work to fix that..

Very happy right now.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I love this ****ing club.

And I love all my AMers.

So drunk.. let me tag a bit.

@celestis @blaze_of_glory @American_Gooner @GDeep™ @Jury @MutableEarth @hydrofluoric acid @razörist @salvat @ItWasMeBarry @redanddread @redanddread @Rex Banner @THunter @fabo @SA Gunner @Tir Na Nog @DJ_Markstar @Ewarwoowar @Furious @Juan Matas Beard @Batman @AnthonyG @Carlo Marx @carlito'sway (Avieus is it? Can never rememeber your name) @MaraDon @say yes

If I didn't tag you.. you're not man dem. Have a good one.

TGG OUT!

I'm on the list. That's a lot better than being tagged. ;)

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
West brom at home or something last season? He's standing still with two defenders and he just destroys them. So good!!
Great memory! Not as much power behind that one, but another where he was being mauled. He gets a ton of stick but I can't help but love him especially after reading Wenger's comments tonight.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

You get a lot better image following the posters who post through the match than those who post after. With those who post after the game, everyone was good if we win. Following posts through the match you can see the bad moments from the players. Yeah maybe the abuse is unfair but lets face it, we had a lot of **** **** **** **** moments this game.

We won today and our attacking play was absolutely fantastic. There were so many good moments that it's hard to even single them out but Xhaka's outside of the foot pick out to Rambo had perfect weight and distance. Sexy pass.

The fact is, though, that we won't win the league if we continue to be so defensively naive. We need Koscielny back as soon as possible. Mustafi still hasn't totally settled.. Holding is a kid and can be rattled a little as we seen tonight. A full back does not equal a centre back. Mertesacker has too many flaws even though I love him to be consistently relied upon. Gabriel is decent from time to time but I wouldnt rely on him to be in a title winning team. Without doubt, we need a centre back addition and anybody who goes into this season relying on our current options is playing roulette and closing their eyes.

But let's just be happy for the night. Our class attacking play and our utter refusal to give in got us a win that we had no business getting and I'm ****ing delighted about it.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He doesn't look fit, his preseason games were similar as well.
Holding was lost without leaders around him. Was still there most of the time at the right place at the right time, but insecure. Didn't know when and where to release the ball.

Honestly the only leader we had on the pitch was Kolasinac. Cech should have never gotten that armband. Keepers wearing it is a joke, but Cech really takes the piss.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Few thoughts .. Walcott picking up right where he left off, a passenger. Holding was shocking at times, but I think it was nerves. Hope we can keep Giroud, he is so clutch. If Ramsey can stay healthy he will score 12+ this year. He deserves a full season. Giroud and Laca playing together is so dangerous. Power + technique. Still need a CB + CM.

People still can't help themselves ****ting on Theo can they. Had he played like Özil today he'd have been thrown under a bus.

As it stands he came on gave us some width, we went from 3-2 down to 4-3 up.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette was sensational, everything he touched turned to gold. Chambo played very well too.

As for Özil, Xhaka and Cech; they were horrid and so was our defending.

That will improve when we get our men back, but we undoubetedly need a CM due to Ramsey's fitness issues and because Elneny is the definion of average mid table quality

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I love this ****ing club.

And I love all my AMers.

So drunk.. let me tag a bit.

@celestis @blaze_of_glory @American_Gooner @GDeep™ @Jury @MutableEarth @hydrofluoric acid @razörist @salvat @ItWasMeBarry @redanddread @redanddread @Rex Banner @THunter @fabo @SA Gunner @Tir Na Nog @DJ_Markstar @Ewarwoowar @Furious @Juan Matas Beard @Batman @AnthonyG @Carlo Marx @carlito'sway (Avieus is it? Can never rememeber your name) @MaraDon @say yes

If I didn't tag you.. you're not man dem. Have a good one.

TGG OUT!
Don't ever @ me again. We're not boys from
this day on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Elneny played decent got a nice assist but he limited going forward that's why we need a midfielder to gives Ramsey and xhaka a challenge

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Great memory! Not as much power behind that one, but another where he was being mauled. He gets a ton of stick but I can't help but love him especially after reading Wenger's comments tonight.
I love him too. Also happy that he stays. This season he's in a perfect situation to get the best out of his strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom