• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,911

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Positives.
Our new 50m record signing striker scored on his league debut in front of his own fans.
We won the game without four experienced central defenders.
We won the game without our best player.
We won the game coming from behind showing fantastic mental character.
Our options of the bench came on and showed just how strong our squad is.

Did today's starting line up look lop sided yes, but that's what happens when you have 4 of your first names on the team sheet missing. Any team would struggle. And we still showed tremendous resolve and character. Fantastic.

AVENTUS

Elneny and Xhaka were poor overall today but were fking excellent against Chelsea. But team cohesion and belief pulled us through.

Just so glad we've won an opening game while under the cosh I just watched the sideline interview with Wenger and he was happy and smiling and just looked relieved.

We go into our second game with momentum and one heck of a fking striker in Laccazette he was outstanding on that LW last 10 mins.

COYG

Don't get the attack on Monreal in one of three CB positions either.

Maybe he is not good in CB of the three positions but as LCB he done brilliantly.

Feels like the leader Koscielny, Mustafi or Mertesacker should play in as the middle CB.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Can't believe those stats:

One more goal
4 times the attempts on goal
3 times more on target
3 times more touches in the opposition box
Twice as many corners
Ran 2km more
More than double the procession.

If 4 of our CBs weren't missing we would have thrashed them.

Yep. Just need to get a few guys back and clean up the sloppy play. I expect another signing or possibly even two before the window closes. Off to a winning start. That's the important thing. There looks to be a lot of goals in this team.

skummm

"The half-time whistle was greeted by bubbling chitter-chatter about the reintroduction to the inexplicable emotional strain of Premier League chaos"

:bounce: :lol: :mad: :( :confused::D :eek::eek:ops::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:bounce::bounce::eek::eek::bounce:

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
3 points is 3 points. There were issues shown (some big ones) but we're off and running. I wouldn't be shocked if we wen't back to a back 4 next game either depending on who's available, this back 3 doesn't look anywhere near solid at the moment.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There are positives to take from this. We scored 4 without Alexis, and while we were sh*t defensively, that was without Koscielny, Mertesacker, or Mustafi in the side. I'm glad we got the 3 points and finally have started a season not on the backfoot... onto Stoke!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He did, he definitely did. Goal bound shot blocked, got a goal and showed some link up play and touches I didn't know he was capable of.

Probably a fluke but still, credit where it's due. :lol:

Welbeck has been very promising since the very start of pre-season.
Actually also showed very proming signs in between his last injuries.

Would never consider to sell him right now - this guy is not only a very flexible squad player but can also go further than that, if he finally stays fit.
That guy welbz :drool:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I can't wait to see Kola as left wingback the guy is beast just unfair to throw him in position he only played few games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom