• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 188,784

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
True but Shakespeare isn't the biggest catch. Leicester will soon realize what a huge mistake they made when they sacked Ranieri. They went from organized hoofball to unorganized hoofball. Retarted, really, in a day and age where even Tony Pulis tries to sign actual footballers
I rate Ranieri, he's been around the block. Another crafty old fox.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Let's not forget that when Ramsey came on for Holding, our formation changed as well so it was not all individual brilliance by Ramsey. We had more players in the middle of the pitch. Still not convinced on the 3 CB formation. Way too easy to run through our midfield due to our pressing problems plus we lose balls in dangerous places when our WBs have already moved to advanced positions. The point of three CBs gets lost if the right/left CB has to constantly defend one on ones at the flanks. The defensive formation is supposed to be 5-4-1, I believe, and we were way off quite a few times. If we want to continue with the 3-4-3, we need Kola to play LWB and three experienced CBs.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Part of that had to do with Ramsey. Ramsey changed the game in midfield. Offered so much more compared to Elneny. Don't be blinded by love.

Ramesy was the right player to come on under the circumstances... A goal down at home with 20mins to go....however if you looked how we played going forward with xhaka and el neny we were excellent, kept the ball under pressure, looked defensively secure in open play.

Really don't understand the el neny stick tbh, people are saying that going forward we were great but at the same time saying that el neny was to blame for the lack of attack thrust in the team.

Ultimately we should've won this game 4-0. Three goals were completely avoidable.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Elneny had a good game.

Broke up play well and didn't over-complicate things. We have Xhaka for that.

say yes

forum master baiter
Also as much as I enjoyed myself, we got away with that big time.

Leicester came with a plan to exploit our back 3 and absolutely ruined us for periods. Vardy in particular was immense.

Don't usually lay into the big man but tactically that was a very worrying omen for the season. Shakespeare and Leicester exploited our formation brilliantly.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Mike Dean denied us a clear pen, but he never booked one of our players nor did he mess up against us.

Best game he's ever reffed involving Arsenal. 9/10. :eek:
And Leicester players were diving all over the place in the first half, gave them nothing. Even they looked surprised.

Crocrodile

Can 't be arsed about the handball...Should have had a penalty...Tit for tat for every denying ****.

There are things to work on, holes to be filled.
However, really liked that Wenger has shown a degree of tactical flexibility.
We can play both 3 at the back and 4, we shouldn't be married to one.

Seo and Ox were outstanding, Ox is playing better at RWB and Bellerin did better at LWB, think Ox deserves the nod.

Most of all, we willed ourselves back into the game all the way until winning it.

By hook or crook we won it.
Need to build on this, add to this team until the end of the window and fix the mistakes.

To Be A Rock

Also as much as I enjoyed myself, we got away with that big time.

Leicester came with a plan to exploit our back 3 and absolutely ruined us for periods. Vardy in particular was immense.

Don't usually lay into the big man but tactically that was a very worrying omen for the season. Shakespeare and Leicester exploited our formation brilliantly.
It's worrying in as much as 3 or our 4 'proper' CB's - Merty, Kos, Mustafi and the one that played Holding - were missing. A positive slant for me is we have a lot of firepower and bags of goals even without Sanchy and nowhere near fit Özil and Rambo. Sign another quality player like Lemar and a CB and we'll be up there I feel

Prawn Sandwich

I liked the match for the entertainment and GIRFUY to my pals who I watched the game with.

We are pretty short in a few areas though. Worrying...

Points on board regardless.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
You can go nearly the whole half without touching the ****ing ball and still make a sizeable impact, regardless it's partly up to your team mates to find you also. Did you not watch or take on board a single thing said on the video I posted?
That's a fair point but Ramsey clearly had more of an impact.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Ramesy was the right player to come on under the circumstances... A goal down at home with 20mins to go....however if you looked how we played going forward with xhaka and el neny we were excellent, kept the ball under pressure, looked defensively secure in open play.

Really don't understand the el neny stick tbh, people are saying that going forward we were great but at the same time saying that el neny was to blame for the lack of attack thrust in the team.

Ultimately we should've won this game 4-0. Three goals were completely avoidable.
Bad passing on the day. Xhaka and Holding were horrendous for most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom