• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle | Monday, January 18 | KO: 20:00 UTC | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Ceballos is such a nothing player. When we first got him on loan, I was excited. I saw youtube highlights of his U21 heroics for Spain - scored pretty in every game with Screamers.

Where the fook has that Ceballos been?

I wish we utilize our squad more by promoting more academy players. Azeez should have got minutes by now.
Azeez needs to stay as far away from the first team as possible.

When you guys see the state Saka and ESR will be left in after a couple months you’re going to want stop wishing all the teenagers get fast tracked into the sh*tter.

REEVIE1995

Absolute must win game. We are about to enter a really tricky run of fixtures. Southampton (maybe twice) United, Leeds, Villa, Lecicester, Wolves, City, amd Benfica twice all before the end of February. Need to build some momentum now.

I would go

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Saka
Partey Ceballos
Pepe ESR Auba
Laca
Bench: Runnarsson, Luiz, AMN, Xhaka, Elneny, Martinelli, Nketiah, Nelson, Willock

Have Martinelli lined up if Auba is having a quiet one. Kill the game off quickly please!

Legend14

Established Member
Absolute must win game. We are about to enter a really tricky run of fixtures. Southampton (maybe twice) United, Leeds, Villa, Lecicester, Wolves, City, amd Benfica twice all before the end of February. Need to build some momentum now.

I would go

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Saka
Partey Ceballos
Pepe ESR Auba
Laca
Bench: Runnarsson, Luiz, AMN, Xhaka, Elneny, Martinelli, Nketiah, Nelson, Willock

Have Martinelli lined up if Auba is having a quiet one. Kill the game off quickly please!
The fact that we need to play Saka at LB is negligent. Hopefully it will be resolved in this window; he’s our best attacking threat.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Easy win tbh, Steve Bruce been arguing with his squad.
Players prefer the 5 at the back system Benitez implemented but he’s gonna force them to play 4 at the back cause he’s had enough.

Blatantly just curtains for him might be his last match - his latest interview was very odd and desperate.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
RVP was
Ceballos is such a nothing player. When we first got him on loan, I was excited. I saw youtube highlights of his U21 heroics for Spain - scored pretty in every game with Screamers.

Where the fook has that Ceballos been?

I wish we utilize our squad more by promoting more academy players. Azeez should have got minutes by now.

Nketiah is better than Lineker at youth level, have a feeling Barca won't be signing him somehow though...

ArtetaOut

20210118_131042.jpg

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Think I am just used to defending Henry, as back when he was our best player, it really ****ing mattered.

My best mate was a United fan...so every day was a constant battle of Henry v Ruud, Vieira v Keane, Pires v Beckham...no backing down, no showing any weakness, you back your boys...by the time Cesc and Robin became our main players in the late 2000s, Chelsea had replaced us United main rivals and I didn't really need to defend our players as much in a way.

Plus I place a great importance on legacy, always supporting "your" players...Cesc and Robin were great players for us, for they don't really feel like Arsenal men at this point...while Thierry is our most famous player ever.

As @Macho said there is only a few that can match Henry for me, with the way I view the sport, and Van Persie ain't one...though I think our best overall player is Vieira.
Well that's more your emotional attachment and inclination rather than me being "clearly wrong".

Do you really think RvP and Cesc were afforded with the same luxuries as Henry and co though? I mean that's one of the greatest squads in football history compared to Chamakh, Bendtner, Almunia, Walcott, Diaby, Song, Arteta, Benayoun, Hoyte, Eboue, Djorou, Denilson, Bendtner etc as regular teammates.

RvP wasn't even a striker to begin with and was constantly injured. Wenger often used to say that if RVP was able to stay fit he'd be regarded in the same category as Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney etc. His statistics, the eye test along with his final two season here and at UTD are clear proof. The likes of Messi and Aguero thought he was the best player in the PL. Klopp said he's never faced a more complete player that played so far away from goal yet was so devastating in the final third. He's never had the luxury of playing for a top team surrounded by top players all across in their prime. He's scored some of the most stunning individual goals in football history.

[/QUOTE]
Like I said, from the horses mouth!

Still not saying he is better than Henry which is wrong but I don't see anything wrong with my preference of finding RvP more artistic, technically gifted and more interesting to watch.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I am not sure why the two are being compared. I don’t see anything RVP did that Henry didn’t exceed. Henry is a class above.

Henry clearly had the better career for club and country. Henry was a better athlete. Faster, stronger and far more durable. Van persie was a football genius. His touch, close control and ball skills were out of this world. He is up there with Bergkamp as the most technically gifted to ever play for the club. Only injuries and his ****ish behavior diminish his legacy.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
CzU3.gif

...this is the most aesthetically pleasing miss kick of all time, I will give Robin that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Azeez needs to stay as far away from the first team as possible.

When you guys see the state Saka and ESR will be left in after a couple months you’re going to want stop wishing all the teenagers get fast tracked into the sh*tter.

That's like saying Haaland and Mbappe shouldn't be playing every game, such an odd thing to say :lol:

These players are getting more than sufficient rest between games right now.

Riou

Biggest game in Arsenal history and he looks like Aubameyang now. Wenger putting RVP in there would've won it.

Can’t believe you would post this, think it’s time we take away your rights as an Arsenal fan...please hand over your gun and badge to @American_Gooner by the end of the day, you are just too dangerous to let patrol the streets!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
But in all seriousness, let’s move on from this...let’s hopefully get a good win and performance tonight and turn the season around!
I've got final exams tomorrow. I'm sick. Just got covid tested and can barely get out of bed of late. :(

I hope I don't pull an Henry in the CL final. :p:p

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Easy win tbh, Steve Bruce been arguing with his squad.
Players prefer the 5 at the back system Benitez implemented but he’s gonna force them to play 4 at the back cause he’s had enough.

Blatantly just curtains for him might be his last match - his latest interview was very odd and desperate.

I wish I could share your optimism, but I'm afraid it will look very similar to the cup tie. Tight, turgid and laboured.

An early goal would change the outlook.

Riou

I've got final exams tomorrow. I'm sick. Just got covid tested and can barely get out of bed of late. :(

I hope I don't pull an Henry in the CL final. :p:p

You’re one strange Arsenal fan :lol:

bergholt

If Tierney plays and Partey starts then I think they’ll change things enough for a decent result. Otherwise I suspect we’re going to need a bunch of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom