• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Saturday, November 2 | 15:00 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
CL run in 2006 was a defensive master class, we didn’t concede a goal in the knockouts until the final.

Also he’s shown some top game planning in some away games in the back end of his time here. Couple of away performances at City and Chelsea in 2015 were really well organised.
2015/16 best overall defensive stats in the league.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Falling in, falling out, Xhaka in, Xhaka out, Özil in, Özil out.

This is no way to run a football club.
When you have a weak leader who can't pull everyone in to march in the same direction, you get strays. Discipline goes out the window. To a neutral looking from outside to in, our club looks like it's in disarray.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When you have a weak leader who can't pull everyone in to march in the same direction, you get strays. Discipline goes out the window. To a neutral looking from outside to in, our club looks like it's in disarray.
Had no idea you were a neutral. Live and learn.

mpower2540

Hopes: Özil at 10 with Torreira and Guendouzi behind
Expectations: Özil at 10 with Ceballos and Guendouzi
Likely Emery Reality: Guendouzi and Ceballos with Torreira at 10

:(

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I joked about a 4141 formation but this kinda feels like the formation to play against a back 3.
Leno
Chambers Sokratis Luiz Tierney
Torreira
Pepe Özil Ceballos Aubameyang
Lacazette

Our chameleon this week should be attack.

Push Pepe and Aubameyang wide then drift in field as Özil and Ceballos move wide. Lacazette central.

The wingers stretch their back three then move in as the midfield move wide stretching their midfielders wide. The plan being if done quick it opens space between the central defender of the three and the outside centre backs.

Becomes

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There is no way we're going to lose against Portugal B at home.

We'll probably draw tho.

The way I see it, respectball lacks imagination as it is but now imagine it trying to break down a back 5. Now imagine our joke of a defence trying to cope with the Wolves counter attack. It's gonna be such a frustrating game to watch, we'll play right into Wolves hands. We're totally reliant on Auba and Özil bailing us out, which in all fairness they're quite capable of doing. That being said we found ourselves 2-0 up last week after 10 minutes and still drew to Palace and I'd regard Wolves as a team with more quality.

Tir Na Nog

CL run in 2006 was a defensive master class, we didn’t concede a goal in the knockouts until the final.

Also he’s shown some top game planning in some away games in the back end of his time here. Couple of away performances at City and Chelsea in 2015 were really well organised.

Watching the City 2015 game is so frustrating because I can't help but think "we didn't we try this is any of the big away games in the 13/14 season". Even if the approach only got us a couple of draw it might have done us some good mentally as much as anything and would have denied our rivals a couple of points too. It's so frustrating that it took us so long to decide maybe playing away against a side like City with their attacking threat that it might be best to go more conservative than usual.

Wenger a lot of the time had the exact opposite problem to what Emery has, Emery focuses too much on the opposition even against much weaker sides, Wenger at times just wanted his team to play his own game regardless of the opposition. Both equally frustrating. Our next coach needs to be able to find the balance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watching the City 2015 game is so frustrating because I can't help but think "we didn't we try this is any of the big away games in the 13/14 season". Even if the approach only got us a couple of draw it might have done us some good mentally as much as anything and would have denied our rivals a couple of points too. It's so frustrating that it took us so long to decide maybe playing away against a side like City with their attacking threat that it might be best to go more conservative than usual.

Wenger a lot of the time had the exact opposite problem to what Emery has, Emery focuses too much on the opposition even against much weaker sides, Wenger at times just wanted his team to play his own game regardless of the opposition. Both equally frustrating. Our next coach needs to be able to find the balance.

Early goals I reckon, we conceded early from set pieces against Chelsea and Pool in 2014, and Wenger felt like he had to chase the game so we ended up getting blown out when we didn’t have the players on the pitch for it.

Better strategy would’ve probably been to hang tight and try to nick something if you can when the game slows down.

Sounds bad but I’d rather lose 1-0 than open up and get pounded 5-1 and 6-0, absolutely destroys confidence that.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Early goals I reckon, we conceded early from set pieces against Chelsea and Pool in 2014, and Wenger felt like he had to chase the game so we ended up getting blown out when we didn’t have the players on the pitch for it.

Better strategy would’ve probably been to hang tight and try to nick something if you can when the game slows down.

Sounds bad but I’d rather lose 1-0 than open up and get pounded 5-1 and 6-0, absolutely destroys confidence that.
Those losses were down entirely to having Flamini and an absolutely shot Arteta in midfield.

Tir Na Nog

Those losses were down entirely to having Flamini and an absolutely shot Arteta in midfield.

Well Flamini never played in the 5-1 to Liverpool. Arteta was also doing quite well with Ramsey earlier that season. The Wilshere-Arteta partnership was horrible tho. Lacked balance, physicality, energy and mobility.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well Flamini never played in the 5-1 to Liverpool. Arteta was also doing quite well with Ramsey earlier that season. The Wilshere-Arteta partnership was horrible tho. Lacked balance, physicality, energy and mobility.

No pace in those 5-1 and 6-0 sides apart from Ox who was a kid back then. Ramsey and Walcott were massive injury misses.

Game plan should’ve been adapted, playing a high line when you’ve got no speed you’re going to get smashed.

Tir Na Nog

Right, can someone please tell what Martinelli has done not to play this one? Am I missing something here, with the form he's on this seems like the perfect opportunity to get him a PL game from the start. He seems like he's ready. He's also quite young so he won't be tired from playing mid-week, he'll be raring to go. I'd rather we reward players in his kind of forum rather than just playing more senior players just because they're older.

Pepe-Auba-Martinelli should be our front three. Saka missing out might be a bit harsh but he seems to be fading a bit in terms of impact which is fair enough, it happens with players his age, but as of this moment Martinelli seems like the guy who deserves a start.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Right, can someone please tell what Martinelli has done not to play this one? Am I missing something here, with the form he's on this seems like the perfect opportunity to get him a PL game from the start. He seems like he's ready. He's also quite young so he won't be tired from playing mid-week, he'll be raring to go. I'd rather we reward players in his kind of forum rather than just playing more senior players just because they're older.

Pepe-Auba-Martinelli should be our front three. Saka missing out might be a bit harsh but he seems to be fading a bit in terms of impact which is fair enough, it happens with players his age, but as of this moment Martinelli seems like the guy who deserves a start.
Martinelli only preformed well as striker when he came on for the PL games he only played as LW. You can't bench either auba or laca to play him with Özil playing we have to use our experienced front 3 to see how we'll do

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I joked about a 4141 formation but this kinda feels like the formation to play against a back 3.
Leno
Chambers Sokratis Luiz Tierney
Torreira
Pepe Özil Ceballos Aubameyang
Lacazette

Our chameleon this week should be attack.

Push Pepe and Aubameyang wide then drift in field as Özil and Ceballos move wide. Lacazette central.

The wingers stretch their back three then move in as the midfield move wide stretching their midfielders wide. The plan being if done quick it opens space between the central defender of the three and the outside centre backs.

Becomes

Torreira
Dani Özil

Is like Fielding 12yo boys vs men

Tir Na Nog

Martinelli only preformed well as striker when he came on for the PL games he only played as LW. You can't bench either auba or laca to play him with Özil playing we have to use our experienced front 3 to see how we'll do

Why not? Lacazette was absolutely useless vs Palace, the ball kept bouncing off him. Look maybe he still needs time after the injury but at this moment with Martinelli in his form then you play him. Even from the left you play him. Heck he can rotate with Auba in terms of who goes central and who goes wide. I believe we should reward players like him tearing it up. It's a home game, he'll have Özil, Auba and Pepe with him to make it easier for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom