• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Sunday, November 29 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I think Arteta finally realised he had to try something a bit different. That 0-3 loss at home to Villa was a nasty bump that made us re-evaluate a few things. 4 at the back and Auba at CF in our next game were positive moves. Think he will build on that and add maybe a few slight alterations to that to get a better balance. Try to stay solid at the back while offering genuine attacking threats.
As much as I hate listening to Merson rambling he made a good point earlier.

Arteta doesn't know his best team still.

He needs to pick the same players for 5 games and see how it rides out.

Chopping and changing every week isn't working.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just seen we're 14th. We can't afford to lose this one or we really are heading south.

Trofton

• Arsenal have lost just one of their last 19 top-flight meetings with Wolves (W13 D5), going down 1-3 at Molineux in April 2019.
  • Wolves are winless in their last nine away league games against Arsenal (D4 L5) since a 3-2 victory in September 1979. However, each of their last three visits to the Emirates have ended in a 1-1 draw.
  • Arsenal have lost their last two home Premier League games by an aggregate score of 0-4 - they've not lost three in a row at home in the league without scoring since a run of four in November/December 1908.
  • Arsenal have scored just one goal in their last five Premier League games, failing to score in either of their last two. They last went three league games without scoring back in February 2016.
  • After a 10-game unbeaten run in Premier League games in London (W5 D5), Wolves have lost their last two in the capital by an aggregate score of 0-6.
  • Only Tottenham (nine) have conceded fewer Premier League goals this season than Wolves (10). However, coming into this weekend's games, Wolves have scored fewer goals than any other side in the top half of the table (nine).
  • Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last seven Premier League home games, their longest run without a league shutout at home since a run of nine between January-August 2007.
  • Arsenal are averaging just 9.1 shots-per-game in the Premier League this season, their lowest on record in a single campaign in the competition (since 1997-98). Indeed, their lowest three average shots-per-game figures have been in the last three seasons (also 12.3 in 2018-19 and 10.7 in 2019-20).
  • No Arsenal player has had more shots (13) or created more chances (11) than Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this season. However, the Gabonese striker has scored just one goal in his last eight league games.
  • Since Wolves were promoted back to the Premier League in 2018, Raúl Jiménez has scored 32 per cent of their goals in the division (34/107). Of the ever-present teams in that time, only Jamie Vardy at Leicester (36 per cent) and Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (33 per cent) have scored a higher share of their side's goals since 2018-19.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If we lose this match, can we can Arteta?

Not optimisitic unless he changes the team and be more brave in his team selection.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Wolves haven’t won at arsenal since the 70s it seems. Right then!

anyway I hope we score from open play. Also strange how winning this brings us not so far away from the top of the league :popcorn:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
i would put saka auba pepe upfront and nelson at 10 .. and xhaka willock behind

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

• Arsenal have lost just one of their last 19 top-flight meetings with Wolves (W13 D5), going down 1-3 at Molineux in April 2019.
  • Wolves are winless in their last nine away league games against Arsenal (D4 L5) since a 3-2 victory in September 1979. However, each of their last three visits to the Emirates have ended in a 1-1 draw.
  • Arsenal have lost their last two home Premier League games by an aggregate score of 0-4 - they've not lost three in a row at home in the league without scoring since a run of four in November/December 1908.
  • Arsenal have scored just one goal in their last five Premier League games, failing to score in either of their last two. They last went three league games without scoring back in February 2016.
  • After a 10-game unbeaten run in Premier League games in London (W5 D5), Wolves have lost their last two in the capital by an aggregate score of 0-6.
  • Only Tottenham (nine) have conceded fewer Premier League goals this season than Wolves (10). However, coming into this weekend's games, Wolves have scored fewer goals than any other side in the top half of the table (nine).
  • Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last seven Premier League home games, their longest run without a league shutout at home since a run of nine between January-August 2007.
  • Arsenal are averaging just 9.1 shots-per-game in the Premier League this season, their lowest on record in a single campaign in the competition (since 1997-98). Indeed, their lowest three average shots-per-game figures have been in the last three seasons (also 12.3 in 2018-19 and 10.7 in 2019-20).
  • No Arsenal player has had more shots (13) or created more chances (11) than Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this season. However, the Gabonese striker has scored just one goal in his last eight league games.
  • Since Wolves were promoted back to the Premier League in 2018, Raúl Jiménez has scored 32 per cent of their goals in the division (34/107). Of the ever-present teams in that time, only Jamie Vardy at Leicester (36 per cent) and Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (33 per cent) have scored a higher share of their side's goals since 2018-19.
As one of the few posters interested in stats, I enjoyed reading that. Puts a lot into perspective. Not least how sh!t we are at the moment.

This is the critical moment for Arteta to turn things around and stop the drop. I really hope he can do it.

Stop the drop!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Arteta really needs to start rewarding these Europa League performances with PL starts.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Partey is a big miss. I guess it makes sense to be cautious with the NLD coming up though.

Two out of sorts teams but I fancy us to take this 2-0. We really need to be building a bit of momentum up now.

Centre midfield gives me nightmares without Partey though. It's just so weak.

On a brighter note, nice to see Martinelli is close to fitness.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah, everyone forgot about his headbutt

To be honest I think a few posters are trolls. Theres no other way to explain it. The same person said that we were peaking and starting to move through the gears and that the goals will are coming only a few days ago. Where they got them ideas from it couldnt be anything more than looking a reaction.

We need 4 points from the next 2 games. It's as simple as that. Win today less pressure next week. Lose or draw today and next weekend is a must win game at such an early stage of the season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
Elneny
Willock Saka
Nelson Auba Willian
That's what I'd like to see given a go today. Bring on Balogun and switch Auba left if things aren't going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom