• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 01/04/06

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
wenger said he's "100 percent confident" that thierry henry will stay. thats fantastic to hear. cesc's foot swelling up is a really bad sign. i keep thinking "fracture". God forbid. eboue is a big worry too. i like the Garrincha reference from wenger. Manure will be stunned silent when we visit old fartford. we'll hand the title to chelsea by humbling them at their house.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Throwing Campbell into this game would be a risk, but if Eboue is out then there is risk involved no matter what choice Wenger makes. I think the main problem with Sol and Phil as a pairing is the lack of pace, which is something Juve don't really have. Having said that, Kolo's pace was still needed in the first leg, so I'd stick with Kolo & Phil.

Put Djourou at right back instead of Gilbert; his fitness should be better and he's got more aerial presence.

ps. Great day to be at Highbury!

Double_H

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Link Shortened

Seriously while i reading that i was wondering whether i was too dumb to understand it, or Arsène never slept well. There is something in that report that confused me :S

Oh and how much times does Wenger have to say 'game'

seems normal to me :roll:

nazo

Established Member
^^ I don't know, i had to read it a couple of times to get over with all the 'game''s he threw in each sentence ;)

>YounGunner<

Established Member
OMGGG

Just got back from the game ****ing hell what a game.

Highlights for me was seeing Van Persie nutmegg Henry in the warm up when Henry was walking lol. And Van Persies goal also Diaby's and Henrys goal s EVERYTHING!!!

I was singing my heart out in the west stand loving it.

Man Jens kicked a ball at me in the warm ups and i gave it to Almunia lol.

Arsenal FC, by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen and its Arrsennnnnnalllllllll!!!!

Are you Tottenham in disguise!!!!!!!!!!!

Were the West stand were the west stand were the west stand of highburyyyyyy.

God i'm loving it!!!!!!!

kanooo

Missed the live game yet again - as I always work on Saturdays.

Read the reports and seems that Adebayor had a good game again (and scored a scrappy goal yet again). This guy is really impressing me. Forgive me if I'm saying this time and time again but he really does give us a new option in attack.

Really glad that Van Persie also scored after just coming on as a substitute.

Wenger must be having a heache now to decide who to partner Henry. I'd prefer Persie for home games and Ade for away games but it's only my naive opinion. Wenger knows best.

Must catch the rerun later on.

As for the Juve game in midweek, I think Wenger would still play 4-5-1. In that case, I hope he plays the same line up except dropping Pires for RvP.

AFCG7

Established Member
We must have Fabregas against JUve.. could be a real problem if he isnt fit enough.
Our best counter for opposiing sides so far in the CL has been keeping the ball. Fabregas in the centre is a most vital part of that plan... i am praying he will be fit enough.

But 5-0 .. what a great game! And Ade was very good. RObin looked hungry, we'll need that hunger from him and the rest of the side for the balance of the season if we are to finish fourth.

anomaly

>YounGunner< said:
OMGGG

Just got back from the game f****g hell what a game.

Highlights for me was seeing Van Persie nutmegg Henry in the warm up when Henry was walking lol. And Van Persies goal also Diaby's and Henrys goal s EVERYTHING!!!

I was singing my heart out in the west stand loving it.

Man Jens kicked a ball at me in the warm ups and i gave it to Almunia lol.

Arsenal FC, by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen and its Arrsennnnnnalllllllll!!!!

Are you Tottenham in disguise!!!!!!!!!!!

Were the West stand were the west stand were the west stand of highburyyyyyy.

God i'm loving it!!!!!!!

were you in block O of the west stand...bout row 20ish by any chance?

KingReyes

Established Member
For those who went, how was the whole 'Rocky Day' thing? I sure hope his name was sung loud and proud.

cubbz_th14

anyone know where i can find a videoclip of the highlights of todays game on the net ??? :roll: .. ummm its worth having on my pc

nazo

Established Member
lol i just saw Diaby's goal and the thing that made me laugh was his freaking long legs. Wow they are so long that it looked like he took a few steps to get from one side of the pitch to the other and slot the ball in. Man he is tall.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
cubbz_th14 said:
anyone know where i can find a videoclip of the highlights of todays game on the net ??? :roll: .. ummm its worth having on my pc

check your PM mate

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
bluenaz said:
lol i just saw Diaby's goal and the thing that made me laugh was his freaking long legs. Wow they are so long that it looked like he took a few steps to get from one side of the pitch to the other and slot the ball in. Man he is tall.

he eats giraffes for breakfast

IBL

Established Member
Just got back from the game, impressive stuff considering we played well within ourselves. Shame about Cesc and Eboue going of with injuries, I hope they're ok for Wednesdays game against Juve.

For me Adebayor was MotM. Scored a scrappy goal, worked his socks off, made two goals and generally looked impressive both on and off the ball. He was easily our hardest working player, still needs to sort out his finishing. I had a brilliant view of Henry's second wonder goal, possibly the best goal I've witnessed at Highbury, Ade tees Henry up after flicking a long ball in his direction and as cool as you like Henry places the ball perfectly over Sorensen with a curling effort - awesome stuff.

Diaby was really good today and played very much like a young Vieira, Flamini was doing 40 yard crossfield passes with pin-point accuracy and even had a thumping attempt at goal, Kolo had a great strike saved by Sorensen in the second half, Reyes was lively and buzzing, Pires continued his good form. Lehman made some important saves too when Villa were almost certain to score.

Overall an enjoyable day. The Villa fans were great, they joined in with Rocky's minutes applause and they applauded Henry after his wonder strike and when he got subbed. We were really spoilt today :D

a couple of Highbury pics

dsc002010zt.jpg

dsc002001me.jpg

gun4glory

Gotta pic of my own right here:
Flamini is everything! Midfielder, Left back, and judging by this picture SPIDER MAN!
Haha! He's really high!
spiderman6cl.jpg

** I didn't take it btw, obviously!

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom