• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 01/04/06

South_London_SW2

Arsène Wenger said "Eboue, who did his groin, played like [former Brazil international] Garrincha on the right side. He didn't stop going forward."

hehe reffering him to garrincha . better finishing then maybe ;) :p

cubbz_th14

kel varnsen said:
how f****g good is thierry? no, really? is he one of the best players of all time? to me, he is right up there with zidane, maradona and pele. according to some, he is not playing very well this year, but has scored 27 goals in 33(?) matches.

the man is a legend. stop. id rate him no#1 .. no im not stonned 8)

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Van Persies getting a Bergkamp reputation for scoring wonder goals.

Got to say Highbury loves him his name was sang one of the most times even when he was not playing.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
usheray said:
van persie scored from really weird angles that was one heck of a goal

remember the one against blackburn at highbury this season where he dragged the ball far to the right, pushed the ball slightly forward and from a very tight and acute angle, banged the ball and scored a brilliant goal past friedel.

who can forget such performance?

certainly not dogba.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
how f****g good is thierry? no, really? is he one of the best players of all time? to me, he is right up there with zidane, maradona and pele. according to some, he is not playing very well this year, but has scored 27 goals in 33(?) matches.

In my book he should go down as one of the greats, but I'm biased ofcourse. If he wins CL this season and has a successful WC for France, the his greatness will be fully realised across the football world as well.

Rocafella

Established Member
Smartly Dressed Morris said:
Gazza will you stop writing in your silly large text. Its getting annoying now. No one else has to do it , even you......

I think it's when you quote someone :roll:

Gurgen

Established Member
Gazza will you stop writing in your silly large text. Its getting annoying now. No one else has to do it , even you......

It's the site chum.

nazo

Established Member
Nahhh, it's good. Give it time and it will grow over ya, but i must say it is TOOO white and bright on my lcd screen :S

cescypoos

AAaaaaaaa!!!!

Highbury !!! Highbury !!!
I just got back from Highbury !!!

All I can say is Wow!!!

Excellent! The stadium, the fans, the city... Everything. And then there's the performance!

Perfect. Everything I could ask for and more.

I made a 'Road to Highbury' on my phone. Pictures and videos of everything. I ll share that with you all tomorrow. No sooner have I got in and I'm out again to watch WrestleMania down my mates house.

Excellent. I'm so glad I made the effort.

Dougan17

Gazza Martinez said:
kel varnsen said:

In my book he should go down as one of the greats, but I'm biased ofcourse. If he wins CL this season and has a successful WC for France, the his greatness will be fully realised across the football world as well.

He's already a WC winner, EC winner, FA cup and Premiership winner several times. He doesn't have a record like 1000 goals to his name but he also doesn't play in Brazil where you can knock in 40 before breakfast. He'll top 300 goals in the premiership which is unheard of and he's one of the best creators in the game right now as well. He adds wondergoal after wondergoal to his CV with each passing game and he's becoming an inspirational leader for the club. He's not filling them so much with passion and heart the way Patrick or Tony would, but he inspirs this side to play brilliant, beautiful football. He's as good as Cruyff which, imo, is the best all around footballer of all time and by the time he retires if he's not included among the top 3 players of all time it would be a shame.

he leads the team, he scores with as much consistency as anyone else in the world, he scores BRILLIANT goals more than anyone else in the world, he creates bags for his teammates each season, and he does it in big games. I don't see how you can possibly denigrate him.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Dougan17 said:
He's already a WC winner, EC winner, FA cup and Premiership winner several times. He doesn't have a record like 1000 goals to his name but he also doesn't play in Brazil where you can knock in 40 before breakfast. He'll top 300 goals in the premiership which is unheard of and he's one of the best creators in the game right now as well. He adds wondergoal after wondergoal to his CV with each passing game and he's becoming an inspirational leader for the club. He's not filling them so much with passion and heart the way Patrick or Tony would, but he inspirs this side to play brilliant, beautiful football. He's as good as Cruyff which, imo, is the best all around footballer of all time and by the time he retires if he's not included among the top 3 players of all time it would be a shame.

he leads the team, he scores with as much consistency as anyone else in the world, he scores BRILLIANT goals more than anyone else in the world, he creates bags for his teammates each season, and he does it in big games. I don't see how you can possibly denigrate him.

I totally agree with you, but you'd be surprised how many people outside of Arsenal don't give Henry the credence he deserves. His form in the CL this season has started to dispel the myth that he doesnt cut it Europe. If he can captain Arsenal to CL glory, then even the most bitter Spud or Manc would have to recognise that Henry is one of the all-time greats. As I said, in my book, he already is.

He's definately isn't top three though mate, and I say that as a staunch gooner. Thats reserved for Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Zidane etc who were not only talented but were the focal points of their teams winning the biggest trophies. When all's said and done in the current football generation, Henry will probably be seen on the world stage as a great player sandwiched between the eras of Zidane and Ronaldinho. He's probably the best player to grace english football though.

Mug

Spartan

did anyone take any footage of the applause for Rocky before the match?

i really wanna get hold of that

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom