• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 19/08/06

stuart

Established Member
this will be a tough game i reckon as it will be martin o'neills first competitive game. its deadly important to get a winnin start in a new stadium, if we dont the press will be on the players backs straight away takin about the cursed stadium and all that carry on!

2 - 0 arsenal
rosicky and henry to score

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Loyan said:
bluenaz said:
Ps, i hope people don't start throwing out their expected formation/starting lineup yet.
:wink:

Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Djouru-Hoyte(Flamini)
Hleb-Fabregas-Gilberto-Rosicky
Henry- Ade

That is presuming Hoyte did enough for Wenger on Tuesday, and Lehmann and Henry are ready. Possibly RvP in place of Adebayor or in place of Henry incase he ain't fit. Otherwise it is as you were against Dinamo.

Honestly with a few changes at the back we could easily challenge for the title. With a good LB and a top defender(i.e not Senderos or Djouru) to partner Toure we could be back where we belong. MF seems solid and with Henry, the attack is as perfect as ever.

ps. Obviously I'd prefer RVP to partner TH.

The team should easily thump Villa though

3-0

sn196

Does anyone know if there will be the advertising boards on the concrete going round the stadium by this game??

Kenyonhater

We'd be fools to expect an easy win. O'Neill's powers of motivation are legendary ( he learnt from the mighty Cloughie) and all their players will be looking to impress him.

It's crucial we get off to a good start, especially with an inexperienced defence. The new stadium factor is hard to gauge. Will it help us or hinder us? We have to get used to playing there. In that sense I think a win is vital to our season. Tension on the very first day!

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
This should be an (very) easy win.

I'm not sure Henry'll play but I'd guess he'd love to, being the first competitive match and all.

3-0

Harding

although i think villa are about to turn a huge corner and surprise everyone this season, i dont think martin o'neil will start this U-turn at the emirates, i think wenger (transfer depending) will field the same team that played gainst zagreb (but jens in for almunia and TH in for Ade) and let the lads take a nice comfortable win to start the new season....i was ever so close with my 2-0 rvp to score zagreb prediction, so i am going to go for.....

3-1

Thierryx2
Fabregas

Angel

Lukazan

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:

I'm not sure Henry'll play but I'd guess he'd love to, being the first competitive match and all.

3-0

Not at all. This potentially could be a very tough game, and while I do think Arsenal will win I don't think it'll be anything like a thrashing or even comfortable.

First game of the season, a few key losses to the team and a new stadium to get used to, this could be very tricky.

pg1989

Hopefully Rosicky doesn't take too long to settle in and start playing his best football.

Jameel46

Established Member
i'd say 5-0 again (that was a great day, with great goals)

p.s. do you guys think that ljungberg will be fit for this game?

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
YuenBiaoFan said:

3-0

Not at all. This potentially could be a very tough game, and while I do think Arsenal will win I don't think it'll be anything like a thrashing or even comfortable.

First game of the season, a few key losses to the team and a new stadium to get used to, this could be very tricky.

Yeah, well, we'll see ;)

pg1989

Jameel46 said:

Nah he ain't fit.

4-1 for me.

cesc18

Jameel46 said:

he did say he wanted to recover in time for the villa game
but not sure wenger would put him in straight away even if he was ready
hleb should start on the right this game

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, seeing how we havent lost an opening match in the past 5 seasons, I can't see this being different.. especially opening the new stadium, you can bet our players will want to make a statement... i see 2-0 or 3-1.... IMO, we will win by no less than 2 goals...

but i could be wrong....

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
USArsenal said:
well, seeing how we havent lost an opening match in the past 5 seasons, I can't see this being different.. especially opening the new stadium, you can bet our players will want to make a statement... i see 2-0 or 3-1.... IMO, we will win by no less than 2 goals...

but i could be wrong....

That's it, I've seen your predictions, I'm putting £20 on Villa to win!

:p

As if.....

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom