PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevo the Villan

Stevo the Villan Well-Known Member

Haha... no not quite.

As I said in my long post about the game, I felt when we were playing 11v11 we were playing without pressure. Nobody expected us to get anything so we weren't playing with fear.

Once it was 11 v 10 I thought the expectation swung. Suddenly we were 1-0 up, on top, with an extra man. Suddenly we were now in a position where we SHOULD win.

I don't think the players (or the manager) dealt with that. We crumbled. And I think it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have if AMN hadn't been sent off

2. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Yeah, I agree. AMN got the ball and both players collided. If anything it should've been a foul on AMN.

3. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

OMG that's it, AMN is finished. One Villa fan thinks he's a liability so that's the end of his career. Poor lad.

4. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Well done! Always had a soft spot for Villa. You make much more sense than lots of Gooners. Sure you won't switch?

5. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

For neutrals our games must be a must see. Every game absolute chaos and open play from start to finish. It’s not easy on the nerves for us supporters though.

Makingtrax likes this.
  6. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Epic! :frustrated:

7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Thanks Stevo, i was just being a troll really.

Stevo the Villan likes this.
  8. Stevo the Villan

Ha unfortunately I'm Villa through and through so no chance of a switch :)

But the soft spot is mutual. Said before on here that I have a lot of Irish family and a lot of them support Arsenal so I've always liked them. Always been my favourite of the "big" teams.

Mo Britain likes this.
  9. Stevo the Villan

Getting the ball doesn't mean it's not a foul/yellow card.

It was a high studs up challenge. Easily a yellow, but like I said I think it actually helped you in a weird way.

10. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Scored some great goals at Villa Park down the years. The Ashley Cole goal set up by Bergkamp and the Pires lob two that instantly come to mind. Even for opposition fans our teams down the years must be a joy to watch when we turned it on.

11. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Active Member

Papers talking about how Auba's goal shouldn't have stood...well maybe not, but if the ref hadn't prematurely ejaculated into his whistle then we would have surely had a penalty as Torreira was clearly dragged down.

12. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

It looked worse than that. it looked as if Moss was playing advantage and then went back to the first foul when Torreira was fouled in the box.

Let's play Aubamawang likes this.
  13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

When it comes to Arsenal no goal should stand apparently. There's always something to whine about for the cvnts

Let's play Aubamawang likes this.
  14. Stevo the Villan

I haven't heard many, if any, Villa fans complaining about Auba's goal.

The only complaints really have been about Sokratis' handball which looked absolutely nailed on for me.

But even then it's half hearted complaints. I think we know we totally blew this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.