• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 18/03/06

Walcott_is_our_savior

Closed doors game tomorrow in which RVP and Campbell will play. Wenger says Campbell needs 2 or 3 games before he will be available for the 1st team.

I just hope they don't suffer any setbacks like Cole did. RVP will probably be on the bench against Charlton if he comes through this game unscathed.

I think we will beat Charlton as we seem to be hitting form at the right time but I hope we don't underestimate them.

qs

Established Member
Jesus lads dont count your chickens. 3 good games in a row and you'd thinking we were mid 49.

Darren Bents in flyingform again, I reckon we'll concede one. We should score more though. Id say 2 or 3 -1. Id be cautious though. Definitly not a pummelling of 5 or 6 nil.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
qs said:
Jesus lads dont count your chickens. 3 good games in a row and you'd thinking we were mid 49.

Darren Bents in flyingform again, I reckon we'll concede one. We should score more though. Id say 2 or 3 -1. Id be cautious though. Definitly not a pummelling of 5 or 6 nil.

No, someone's due another home hammering.

Our defence is still very, very good.

3-0.

Or 5 if RvP plays :eek:ops:

Gunner4life09

3-0 : Henry 2, Reyes.

At this point we really should be looking at winning all our games till the end of the season to be sure of 4th and maybe even 3rd as Wenger said ...

qs

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
qs said:

Our defence is still very, very good.

3-0.

Ahh here, theyre doing well but they are not "very very good", we're still prone to silly mistake and lacking a leftback.

And were as due a loss to a ****e team by this seasons form as we are a big win.

Lukazan

Established Member
This shouldn't be a problem really.

Charlton aren't particularly physical and they like to atleast try and play football.

Might concede one or two but I think we'll score a handful because of how open they are and because of how good our attack is looking as a unit lately.

Oh and because it's at Highbury. ;)

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
qs said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
qs said:

Our defence is still [be]very, very good.
[/be]
3-0.

Ahh here, theyre doing well but they are not "very very good", we're still prone to silly mistake and lacking a leftback.

3rd best in the league.

Looking far better this month than recent ones.

Very, very good ;)

qs

Established Member
This month, jesus Wigan have been around the top defensively soem months.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
What I mean is the back 4 are looking more and more comfortable playing together.

Can only improve a defence that over a terribly injury hit backline has still been the 3rd best in the league over the whole season.

Druid

This is a game the Gunners should find easy. 2-0 to us, because of lousy finishing by the Gunners.

las

Should be a win but I'm a little bit afraid because their keeper have been outstanding in a coupe of matches(thomas Myhre).

So we need Arsenal to be more clinical in front of the goal.Then we can win comfortably if we play like in the last 4 games :)

dublingunner

Established Member
If RvP is available, I'd say we'll definitely win. Otherwise, I'm not prepared to feign certainty. We're definitely coming into this match on great form and should win by a few but that's been said before.

And all this "we're defending great" talk is just silly. There were mistakes yesterday, we just weren't punished for them. That comes down to luck, not great defending. If Crouch had given Lehmann no chance and stuck that free header in the back of the net, we would have defended just the same but how would you be describing our defending?

:roll:

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
dublingunner said:
And all this "we're defending great" talk is just silly. There were mistakes yesterday, we just weren't punished for them. That comes down to luck, not great defending. If Crouch had given Lehmann no chance and stuck that free header in the back of the net, we would have defended just the same but how would you be describing our defending?

Show me an EPL defence that never makes mistakes.

You can't.

Show me a team that's sitting third in the best defences in the league and I'll show you a defence that is better than all but the other two teams ;)

I'm still gobsmacked that people buy the bullshit that the pundits say when the facts BLATANTLY tell otherwise FFS.

Viper

Established Member
I reckon we should win, and its at Highbury. We have been gearing towards good form lately. Lets hope it continues..

The scoreline will probably be 3-1 to us.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Viper said:
I reckon we should win, and its at Highbury. We have been gearing towards good form lately. Lets hope it continues..

The scoreline will probably be 3-1 to us.

Yeah probably............. :roll:

We don't know. How about just a win. We need every win to be honest.

beanz

I think we could be in trouble, It's official now, the F.A. have offered Curbishly the new England Coaches job & in return Sven will loan Nancy to Charlton for the rest of the season. :p

Gooner_matt

I think that if lehman keeps on with the good work we should win and keep a clean sheet. And henry could go on to overcome van nistelroy's goal tally.
I'd say a 2-0 for arsenal minimum

famous no 10

Established Member
Actually, they can play when they want to charlton...at the start of the season they were going great away from home, and bent is an excellent striker...jerome thomas can play a bit as well.

3-0 to Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom