• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/05/07

Viper

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
otfgoon said:
Viper said:
_scorpion_ said:
lagosgooner said:
otfgoon said:
Its also a lot easier to have that attitude when you are experienced and have something to fight for.

1. exacting revenge on the team you lost the carling cup final to

2. The team against whom 3 of your teamates were sent off

3. Recognise that you haven't beaten this team for 3 years and you have an opportunity to with a less than full strength side reduced to 10 men

4. Giving the fans something on the last home match at the end of a dissapointing season

If these are not things to fight for I'll never know what is

5. The Badge. (That is all the reason anyone paid the way these players are paid need really.)

All I want to say about this match is Micheal Essien.

I hate the cvnt but he is the type of player we need to go to the market for.

A real fighter.
Unfortunately, Wenger lives in his own deluded world, where he thinks he'll be able to challenge for the Premiership without signing for anyone. Pathetic.

And no, I am not asking for Wenger to get sacked or anything like that. I'm just pointing out Wenger's arrogance (in a way) and stubbornness.

The transfer window isnt even open yet ffs.

And I've got to say, it is not looking like we will add a great deal!!!

I don't think we NEED a great deal either, but what we do need are players with winning mentalities who have a bloody go!

Essien has that (like him or not) , the guy just does not hide.

Arsène needs to spend on players that will take the game on.

I'm a bit sick of the Hleb's of the world and just the general sissy stigma that is associated with our players.

The menatlity is poor.

We have been in enough games this season to be a lot closer to United and that suggests to me that the talent and skill are there, but the mentality is poor. Piles of draws and losses to clubs that have no business beating our side!

Add 1 or 2 players (preferably winners) from different clubs, and you could alter that mentality and set us on our way.

Your not going to find that in a youth player or from within the club because it does not currently exist.
I believe we are in need of a winger because Freddie is completely past it and Hleb is a bottler. Ribery looks like a fighter to me.

I believe we are in need of another striker because I'm worried about how injury-prone Van Persie and Henry appear to be. I'm also worried about the fact Adebayor keeps on missing a good few scorable chances every match.

We need another keeper because Jens is getting too old and he just doesn't look as good as he was last season. The World Cup played a big motivation for him. Almunia is simply not good enough for our first choice and looks more likely to leave. We shouldn't make the same mistake we made with Seaman.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Babies are crying :D :D :D

chavsqs6.jpg

Moaninho says he couldn't be happier with the end result.. What a prick..

Nemesis

We clearly lack depth on the wings. We need a third winger to rotate with Rosicky and Hleb. I would also advise Arsène to convert Ali to a winger and keep him as fourth choice for depth reasons. But I suspect Ali is on his way out.

Positives from the match, well Denilson until his injury I thought was magnificent. He was putting in challenges and winning headers. What a warrior! The kids a modern day davids or Gattuso.

This team still has some way to go imo. When your team is built around a 19 year old you know they will have problems. Changing the personnel completely would be pointless. The best thing to do would be to stick with the current core, make one or two changes and stick with this team through thick and thin imo. Ideally we should be playing the kind of football AC Milan are, but that kind of football requires a certain amount of guile and understanding this team lacks. It will take time and it will be painful but this team will reach that imo. As fans we are just going to have to be patient. I think next season will be pretty disappointing as well imo.

j'nuh

Nemesis said:
We clearly lack depth on the wings. We need a third winger to rotate with Rosicky and Hleb. I would also advise Arsène to convert Ali to a winger and keep him as fourth choice for depth reasons. But I suspect Ali is on his way out.

j'nuh said:
Its quite hilarious how people are complaining about our lack of width and ignoring the fact that every single one of our recognised wingers are injured along with Walcott and RvP, who can play there when needed. What the f*ck do you expect?

We had Rosicky, Hleb, Ljungberg, RvP, Walcott and Aliadiere injured. Thats pretty much every natural or accomplished winger in our squad. We dont lack depth, we just have been unlucky with injuries.

By the way, has anyone heard any news on Denilsons injury?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't really quite know how anyone can be satisfied with yesterday's performance or result. Chelsea were without Drogba, Shevchenko, Robben, Makelele, Ballack, Cole & Carvalho. Furthermore, we were at home, and 1-0 up against ten men.

For me, the 2nd half said more about Arsenal than it did about Chelsea. All we needed to do was keep the ****ing ball and we couldn't even do that. This is not even the top team in the country. If said it before and I'll say it again - does anyone remember the last time we had a 2-0 lead in a match?

A second goal and it would have been all over.

The worst part about all of this is that I remember how I felt about Chelsea 4-5 years ago under Ranieri/Vialli/Gullit and I remember what we used to do to them and it's almost like we have become them and they have become us. That really ****ing sticks in the throat.

For those people who think that failing to beat Chelsea made no difference, please remember that it's now ten matches and almost four years since we beat them, after owning their backsides for ten years. These things quickly become mental problems - to the point that you know you will always score the opening goal and you know will never win. 4 years become 5, 5 become 6, and before you know it - we turn into their *****es.

Surely we have more pride than that? We are not the ****ing Spuds. This was a golden opportunity to not only beat Chelsea handsomely and make a statement of intent for next season, but to also effectively secure 3rd place and increase the transfer kitty an extra £4-5million. It seems however, that some are just happy for us to continue playing the side-show in the title race while othose around us pick up silverware.

Wake up.

jester

Established Member
true gooner said:
No news but I saw him walk out on the pitch after fulltime so its nothing serious...i hope

he said he's injury was fine and he was walking fine and had trainers on

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

albakos said:
Babies are crying :D :D :D

chavsqs6.jpg

Moaninho says he couldn't be happier with the end result.. What a prick..

Daddys off on a business trip --- to Real Madrid!

IBL

Established Member
how can so many of you not be dissappointed by yesterdays result?! We played the defending champions with a man extra for a whole 45 mins yet they still outplayed us in the second half and showed a winning mentality and desire to win even though winning the Prem for them was like a lost cause. So we werent playing for anything but I'd still want us to beat the outgoing champions, get revenge for the CL final, finally beat a Chelsea team managed by Maurinho, end a poor season on a high....so much to play for even if the game itself held any real value.

Baps, thanks for the effort and everything but you're not the player for us, best of luck next season.

Nemesis

j'nuh said:
Nemesis said:

j'nuh said:
Its quite hilarious how people are complaining about our lack of width and ignoring the fact that every single one of our recognised wingers are injured along with Walcott and RvP, who can play there when needed. What the f*ck do you expect?

We had Rosicky, Hleb, Ljungberg, RvP, Walcott and Aliadiere injured. Thats pretty much every natural or accomplished winger in our squad. We dont lack depth, we just have been unlucky with injuries.

Freddie is past it, Walcott has not been particularly impresive when given an oppurtunity and RvP is a forward. He has shown he can do well as a wing forward for holland but that doesnt necessarily mean he could be anything more than a stop gap measure as a winger. Ali has done well when played on the wing but I thought he might be on his way out considering Wenger's recent reluctance to play him. This is the first I have heard of him being injured. When did he suffer this injury? Im not necessarily disputing that he is injured but rather just saying that its the first Ive heard of it. I assumed Wenger was just trying to give Diaby more playing time instead.

Personally I think we need at least another quality winger to rotate with Hleb and Rosicky. This will keep them fresh and we will still be a threat on both wings if either of them is injured. If Ali is staying then Hleb, Rosicky, Ribery?, Ali would give us great depth on the wing with Walcott and RvP filling in if ever necessary.

True Gooner

Established Member
jester said:
true gooner said:
No news but I saw him walk out on the pitch after fulltime so its nothing serious...i hope

he said he's injury was fine and he was walking fine and had trainers on

Whew! Thats good, I really felt for him, awful tackle from Ferreira. The worst part was the way he just walked away after the foul as if he didnt care.
Was he booked for that?

otfgoon

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
how can so many of you not be dissappointed by yesterdays result?! We played the defending champion with a man extra for a whole 45 mins yet they still outplayed us in the second half and showed a winning mentality and desire to win even though it winning the Prem for them looks like a lost cause. So we werent playing for anything but I'd still want us to beat the outgoing champions, get revenge for the CL final, finally beat a Chelsea team managed by Maurinho, end a poor season on a high....so much to play for even if the game itself held any real value.

Baps, thanks for the effort and everything but you're not the player for us, best of luck next season.

I'm dissapointed we didnt win but its not the end of the world like most people are making it out to be.

And I would have thought people have seen us play with 10 men enough to know that it sometimes just makes the disadvantaged team better.

lagos

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I don't really quite know how anyone can be satisfied with yesterday's performance or result. Chelsea were without Drogba, Shevchenko, Robben, Makelele, Ballack, Cole & Carvalho. Furthermore, we were at home, and 1-0 up against ten men.

For me, the 2nd half said more about Arsenal than it did about Chelsea. All we needed to do was keep the f****g ball and we couldn't even do that. This is not even the top team in the country. If said it before and I'll say it again - does anyone remember the last time we had a 2-0 lead in a match?

A second goal and it would have been all over.

The worst part about all of this is that I remember how I felt about Chelsea 4-5 years ago under Ranieri/Vialli/Gullit and I remember what we used to do to them and it's almost like we have become them and they have become us. That really f****g sticks in the throat.

For those people who think that failing to beat Chelsea made no difference, please remember that it's now ten matches and almost four years since we beat them, after owning their backsides for ten years. These things quickly become mental problems - to the point that you know you will always score the opening goal and you know will never win. 4 years become 5, 5 become 6, and before you know it - we turn into their *****es.

Surely we have more pride than that? We are not the f****g Spuds. This was a golden opportunity to not only beat Chelsea handsomely and make a statement of intent for next season, but to also effectively secure 3rd place and increase the transfer kitty an extra £4-5million. It seems however, that some are just happy for us to continue playing the side-show in the title race while othose around us pick up silverware.

Wake up.

Amen!

Jkreffer

Established Member
Was a dissapointing end but it could have gone either way in the second half. Again bad decision making and finishing cost us the three points but despite their injuries Chelsea's team was still formidable despite who wasn't playing. There was a point when we were literally all over them but we couldn't capitalise.

Eboue summed up our season at the end there when he hit the bar. In the end, with not a lot to play for apart from pride, the result wasn't a disaster but like everybody else I realise it was a huge chance of beating them and sending out a message for next season.

j'nuh

Nemesis said:
j'nuh said:
Nemesis said:

j'nuh said:

Freddie is past it, Walcott has not been particularly impresive when given an oppurtunity and RvP is a forward. He has shown he can do well as a wing forward for holland but that doesnt necessarily mean he could be anything more than a stop gap measure as a winger. Ali has done well when played on the wing but I thought he might be on his way out considering Wenger's recent reluctance to play him. This is the first I have heard of him being injured. When did he suffer this injury? Im not necessarily disputing that he is injured but rather just saying that its the first Ive heard of it. I assumed Wenger was just trying to give Diaby more playing time instead.

Personally I think we need at least another quality winger to rotate with Hleb and Rosicky. This will keep them fresh and we will still be a threat on both wings if either of them is injured. If Ali is staying then Hleb, Rosicky, Ribery?, Ali would give us great depth on the wing with Walcott and RvP filling in if ever necessary.

He had a foot injury apparently.

I agree with you about the quality with have on the wings, we definatly need more quality. But my point was that you complained about us lacking depth, which i wouldnt say we do, it just seems so because weve been (yet again) unlucky with injuries.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
how can so many of you not be dissappointed by yesterdays result?! We played the defending champion with a man extra for a whole 45 mins yet they still outplayed us in the second half and showed a winning mentality and desire to win even though it winning the Prem for them looks like a lost cause. So we werent playing for anything but I'd still want us to beat the outgoing champions, get revenge for the CL final, finally beat a Chelsea team managed by Maurinho, end a poor season on a high....so much to play for even if the game itself held any real value.

Good post, agree with all of the sentiment in it. It's frustrating that at half time, everything was in our favour, and yet Chelsea outplayed us in the second half in a manner that they never managed when 11v 11 at the Bridge in December, or even in the Carling Cup Final.

Pointless, I know, but I found myself wondering what might have been had we had Thierry and Robin up top yesterday instead of Julio and Ade. One of those counter attacks surely would have produced something.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Thats true. After they scored it was like Arsenal were in shock and Chelsea had a couple of chances to win it. It isn't really a surprise though that a team of Chelsea's quality can find an equaliser with their backs to the wall though which only highlights again how we have to be more clinical when we are on top in a match.

lagos

Established Member
Captain said:
They only really outplayed us after their goal; we were fairly on top until then.

That's been our problem, we were on top with nothing to show for it.

patrick42uk

Established Member
disappointing result, disappointing season. that chance on the break with hleb really sums it up. we had the advantage in numbers and we completely fluffed that chance. didnt even register a shot on target. theres work to be done for sure but i still believe we can acheive things with this squad + one or two more.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom