• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 19/09/05

sabret00the

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Width factor? well i guess i missed something because i saw us doing the same but the only difference is we had more success in beating our guys on the flank and crossing the ball. But in open play we didn't break them that much and you have to remember we got our goals early..so they had t try to push up a little bit. That will expose any team. I am 100% the same would have happened with Boro.
you didn't see Fred making any runs into the box and Hleb stayed quite wide too, no running stright through the centre, that's the width i'm referring to.

arsenal05

RocktheCasbah said:
arsenal05 said:
Reyes- what got into him!!! im almost embarassed about saying he was rubbish!! :eek:ops: though then again maybe just a fluke!

sorry if your reading this and thinking (stupid pestimistic f*****!!!)

I'm reading this and thinking you are definitely stupid. Reyes was one of our best players for the last two months of last season and, to anyone with a brain, has improved immeasurably this term. So, if you want to count the last four games as a fluke, go ahead..

ok maybe i being a wee bit harsh i probably just have something against him i just dont think he is the best arsenal can get!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Ah, just curious.

One of the things I hadn't fully appreciated about Reyes was his work rate. Mainly because I've been restricted to watching him on the tv, but I've been to every one of the last three home games, and Reyes has not only produced amazing bursts of skill, speed and some brilliant passing, but he's run his little cotton (or whatever they are) socks off. Maybe you haven't been able to appreciate that?

The crowd seems to love him too, not sure that was the case last season but we're now seeing the benfits of him staying with us. Hell, even his yellow card foul on Neville was cheered (of course it was on Phil Neville).

arsenal05

The crowd seems to love him too, not sure that was the case last season but we're now seeing the benfits of him staying with us. Hell, even his yellow card foul on Neville was cheered (of course it was on Phil Neville).

i agree (on the phil neville foul) and a kind of agree on him being a good player, BUT he isn't playing to a brilliant standard, sure you cant expect people to be brilliant none stop and sure in the last few games hes done some fantasic things!

but you and me both know he can do better!!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think he's playing fantastically well, maybe not brilliant, but if we're honest, he's set up 4 of Arsenal's 11 goals this season and bagged one himself. I'm sure he'd have liked a goal or two more, but he is obviously contributing in a massive way to the performance of our team. What more can you ask?

arsenal05

when you put it like that... :|

ok so reyes is a good player i have something against him dont know what it is but ill try and forget it and support him like any other arsenal player!

jester

Established Member
i know its been said before, but it must be so hard for rvp, when he took the corner near the everton end their fans were just chanting 'rapist, rapist'.

jay-d

Established Member
arsenal05 said:
when you put it like that... :|

ok so reyes is a good player i have something against him dont know what it is but ill try and forget it and support him like any other arsenal player!
Sorry but reading your posts I come to to the conclusion (a) you are either under 12 years old. (b) Very stupid. (c) a combination of (a) and (b). And i doubt very much you've been to any games. Sorry just an observation. I could always be wrong.

arsenal05

yes you are wrong everyone has opinions everyone thinks things that are clearly not the truth i had somethingm in my head!! im sorry but no need to beat me for it!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
sabret00the said:
you didn't see Fred making any runs into the box and Hleb stayed quite wide too, no running stright through the centre, that's the width i'm referring to.

That part you are right. Freddie wasn't making a lot of those runs inside. But do you think he should NOT be doing that? I think those runs are crucial to our style of play and i there were several times where that run of freddie could have created an opening.

So looking at the both styles..which one did we create the more chances with? I don't think we created that many chances yesterday playing with width. I believe going forward we did a better job against boro..and all that we missed is a bit of shooting from outside.

sabret00the

Established Member
i'd say those are only a vital part to our game when Henry/Dennis are playing together, they're the last thing we need when we play RvP/Reyes. those runs get in the way of RvP and that width enabled us to go around a five man midfield and resulted in pretty football till Dennis came on. i'd be happy never to see it again as Dennis is phazed out and we start playing to the strengths of RvP as our striker.

Not sure how you think we didn't create chances, we opened em up a few times yesterday and just didn't shoot, the game/tactics really weren't done justice on the tele :(

koivu

jester said:
i know its been said before, but it must be so hard for rvp, when he took the corner near the everton end their fans were just chanting 'rapist, rapist'.

****...I didn't hear that. It will definitely be a test for the young lad but I think he's mentally strong.

Other than the positive play from us last night, I must honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed taking the piss out of Phil Neville. I've not really shouted at players much in the past but I was sat in the 3rd row so I was actually able to get into the action this time. Belting out "Neville, you're sh*t!!" just felt so damn good!

Also enjoyed "You're even worse than your brother", we won the league in manchester, etc.

Seed

koivu said:
jester said:

****...I didn't hear that. It will definitely be a test for the young lad but I think he's mentally strong.

Other than the positive play from us last night, I must honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed taking the piss out of Phil Neville. I've not really shouted at players much in the past but I was sat in the 3rd row so I was actually able to get into the action this time. Belting out "Neville, you're sh*t!!" just felt so damn good!

Also enjoyed "You're even worse than your brother", we won the league in manchester, etc.

I was in the second row, screaming at him to "**** off back to bumming Gary" or words to that effect :eek:ops: The Neville is a ****** was a nice chant too. The everton fans did start chanting rapist when he took his only corner but he didn't pay much attention. Everytime they started chanting we just replied with 7-0 to the Arsenal :D That shut em up.

arsenal05

Everytime they started chanting we just replied with 7-0 to the Arsenal That shut em up.

good to hear we won't let our players be treated like s**t by other fans (especially everton)

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom