• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 12/08/07

Rocafella

Established Member
Yeah, I thought fair play when I read that, I could understand what he was saying in regards to his adrenaline running, I mean, after losing the way his team did, he couldn't of been happy ;)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
asajoseph said:
I think that shows class. He was a bit of a prick after the game, but it takes bollocks to stand up and admit you were wrong.
still think he's a c**t though...
Just imagine if it's Wenger made that mistake. We can expect there would be a DVD about it.

Still, an apology is an apology. Credit to Sanchez, just.

scruzgooner

he owned his mistake, good for him. we should all do likewise, no?

still, should keep is yap shut until he's had time to consider things like replays showing why things happened he saw once, at a distance.

not unlike most managers, in the latter. unlike most, in the former.

Wembley79

What I don't get, is that Sanchez pretty much either accused us or the ref of cheating in his post match comments, but we have not heard a whisper from the FA or Sky about it. You can bet your a** that had it been Wenger, he would have been called up "to explain his comments" to the FA by now

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Wembley79 said:
What I don't get, is that Sanchez pretty much either accused us or the ref of cheating in his post match comments, but we have not heard a whisper from the FA or Sky about it. You can bet your a** that had it been Wenger, he would have been called up "to explain his comments" to the FA by now

so true, the fa(dont deserves caps) are a bloody disgrace. they also send out macclaren all the way to america to watch beckham play for no more than 10 minutes...they need some judo kicked upside their heads, actually they should quite simply f**k off!!

IBL

Established Member
Fair play to Sanchez, he admitted to reacting in the heat of the moment so its understandable

the dawn raids

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Keepers quite often looking good against us is not a coincidence or bad luck, but is mainly caused by our tactics.

this isnt even the first time warner has had a blinder against us.

anyway, only to the cpu now since sunday so everythings been discussed so ill go quickly. the game changed with bendtner on and should really be seen as a testament to having 2 strikers on at all times. and were going to need cesc playing a hell of a lot better than that. and sagna had an impressive debut.

Unkmengani

Evening.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already- apologies, but I've been away.

Anyhoo, Sanchez post match comments were soooo Fat Sam it was like he was reading verbatim the 'under dog' small club post match thesaurus. Obviously to put doubt in the mind for future matches of referees.

Now his 'I'm sorry' comments were half arsed to say the least. When I read the headline, I thought, wow, good on the weird glasses wearing t*sser! But no, they were still agenda ridden and not exactly fullsome.

Hleb's penalty claim was "probably" a pen???

Keep it up Lorry!

go49oner

Established Member
ronitc said:
no, class would have been not claiming that the referee was influenced by our blatant simulation in the first place. class is not trying to save face after being decisively being made to look a fool by the media + video evidence.

Yer I agree, The damage is already done, SSN even ran report about diving in the lights of his comments and made Hleb and Toure look like the villains.

ronitc

asajoseph said:
ronitc said:
no, class would have been not claiming that the referee was influenced by our blatant simulation in the first place. class is not trying to save face after being decisively being made to look a fool by the media + video evidence.

And yet most managers never do it.

He didn't have to say anything - he could have just shut up, and waited for the next round of football controversy that's likely to kick off tonight or tomorrow, and all would have been forgotten.

it was self serving and not a real sincere apology.

anyways it's a bit of a silly thing to discuss, i'd rather he did than he didn't but it doesn't mean i think he's a better manager for it.

asajoseph

Established Member
Who said he was a better manager?

He said something he didn't have to say, and something that a lot of managers would not have done - it's about as sincere as it gets in football. It's not a big deal, but hey, it's something.

Christofaux

also at the end of the day hes another teams manager, hes not going to praise us, just admit his mistake and move on, he made a professional error, and has done what was needed. Saying his outburst was rash and time to move on.

Kenyonhater

It's good he apologised and it will be reported. If he'd said nothing the implication of us being cheats would hang in the air, despite the video evidence.

Mourinho would NEVER apologise for such a thing, like he never apologised to Frisk for the comments that led to his retirement from the game or to Stephen Hunt or the Reading Ambulance service for his outrageous and slanderous comments after the Petr Cech head injury.

Sanchez deserves credit here because he has shown some class and integrity whereas Mourinho is a classless, self-serving complete and utter c**t.

jgunner84

Hey guys I just want to know in what position did Hleb and Rosicky play in the Arsenal - Fulham match? Did Hleb play in central midfield?

banduan

Established Member
Hleb was in the hole.

edit: It's the media who are just plain dumb. The video shows it was our penalty. Three times that match. The on-match commentator agrees.

The video shows it was not their penalty. The on-mathc commentator agrees.

But the studio commentators are as blind as the ref.

dutchMasta

go49oner said:
Yer I agree, The damage is already done, SSN even ran report about diving in the lights of his comments and made Hleb and Toure look like the villains.
What did SSN say about Hleb and Toure? I don't see how they can say much when there's nothing either of those two in those 3 situations could've done to stay on their feet imo.

Anyway, props to Sanchez for at least owning up to his mistake.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom