• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 12/08/07

stuart

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Was like groundhog day for 85 minutes, all my optimism built up over the summer was turning into pessimism. Thank God we won, I couldnt have gone into work today after all the pisstaking I was giving the yids at work after they lost.

And how brilliant did the redaction lot look bouncing up and down. Would be great if the miserable lot behing the goal would join in.

Where about were redaction mate?? I was pretty shocked to see the crowds reaction when Hleb scored, everyone was literally jumping all over eachother, it was brilliant!! Never seen it before at the Emirates ...was that red action?

Nutsy

Established Member
Asterix said:
RockyRocastle said:
Thank God we won, I couldnt have gone into work today after all the pisstaking I was giving the yids at work after they lost.

I deliberately held off from emailing my Sp**s supporting mate back home until after the game.

heh, I got one mate saying we shouldn't be too cocky. It is after all one game. buuuuuuut.... I did have a very nice day indeed with them Mancs at work today..

Careful though.. What goes around come around.

stuart

Established Member
I keep watching Hlebs goal and the celebrations are superb, very passionate.

I think it's Van Persie Cesc and Flams get hold of eachother and throw their arms up in the air, looking at the crowd. Gallas is pumping his fists, Kolo is jumping up and down on anyone that looks sterdy enough to hold him and the crowd go bonkers! Oh and just noticed Sagna walking around with his head stuck in between the huddle :lol:

Everyone is seriously up for it this year

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gunners_Nadz said:
Asterix said:
RockyRocastle said:
Thank God we won, I couldnt have gone into work today after all the pisstaking I was giving the yids at work after they lost.

I deliberately held off from emailing my Sp**s supporting mate back home until after the game.

heh, I got one mate saying we shouldn't be too cocky. It is after all one game. buuuuuuut.... I did have a very nice day indeed with them Mancs at work today..

Careful though.. What goes around come around.

Heh , couldn't find any of my Manc supporting mates , they're all in hiding at the moment yet they are the first one to text as soon as we lose.

ThaSaltCracka

stuart said:
RockyRocastle said:
Was like groundhog day for 85 minutes, all my optimism built up over the summer was turning into pessimism. Thank God we won, I couldnt have gone into work today after all the pisstaking I was giving the yids at work after they lost.

And how brilliant did the redaction lot look bouncing up and down. Would be great if the miserable lot behing the goal would join in.

Where about were redaction mate?? I was pretty shocked to see the crowds reaction when Hleb scored, everyone was literally jumping all over eachother, it was brilliant!! Never seen it before at the Emirates ...was that red action?
I was going to comment on that as well. It looked like a mosh pit behind the goal. Awesome!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The crowd really went mental, was brilliant to see. Hleb scored?! *goes wild*.

stiiphunn

Established Member
When was the last time we created so many CLEAR CUT chances?! Very good game IMO. Something's definitly changed.

thegame24

Established Member
problem is the finishing though

i seriously can put my hand on my heart and swear on my life i would have scored at least twice with the chances created.

i cant understand why so poor they are pros for goodness sake.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Unfortunatly I don't remember exactly the kind of chances we created in the West Ham game. But generally speaking I feel that last season we weren't creating enough clear cut chances. In this first game we did.

stiiphunn

Established Member
thegame24 said:
problem is the finishing though

i seriously can put my hand on my heart and swear on my life i would have scored at least twice with the chances created.

i cant understand why so poor they are pros for goodness sake.

True. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But creating clear cut chances is already a major improvement.

asajoseph

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
Unfortunatly I don't remember exactly the kind of chances we created in the West Ham game. But generally speaking I feel that last season we weren't creating enough clear cut chances. In this first game we did.

To be honest, I disagree (though I know those who'll agree with you). Last season was about one story - conceding every chance we gave away, and not taking the countless opportunities we created for ourselves. Adebayor, Rosicky, Hleb, Cesc, Baptista, Aliadiere and others were guilty of spurning countless chances just as clear cut as the ones we missed yesterday - as I said in the summer, if we can up our conversion rate this season, the rest of these arcane tactical problems people seem convinced we have will disappear on their own.

alonso14

Established Member
not much wrong with your lot is there

freak goal....lots of character and patience and bingo......

signs are good.....lovely winner

i love it when you are at a game and the crowd go mental......it did at Villa when you now who scored.......

i remember one at Leeds in the cup in 2001...best non cup winning, title winning reaction to a goal Ihave even been involved in.....

anyway, as I said, you lot are gunner be alright....(see what I did there)

Feanor

Established Member
alonso14 said:

i love it when you are at a game and the crowd go mental......it did at Villa when you now who scored.......

i remember one at Leeds in the cup in 2001...best non cup winning, title winning reaction to a goal Ihave even been involved in.....

Hear! Hear! People need perspective or for most people here, they just need to ***** about something. I didn't get to see the pool game but what a freekick from Gerrard, reminded me of Platini.

alonso14

Established Member
Feanor said:
alonso14 said:

Hear! Hear! People need perspective or for most people here, they just need to ***** about something. I didn't get to see the pool game but what a freekick from Gerrard, reminded me of Platini.

he was immense saturday but thats for another forum

stiiphunn

Established Member
asajoseph said:
stiiphunn said:

To be honest, I disagree (though I know those who'll agree with you). Last season was about one story - conceding every chance we gave away, and not taking the countless opportunities we created for ourselves. Adebayor, Rosicky, Hleb, Cesc, Baptista, Aliadiere and others were guilty of spurning countless chances just as clear cut as the ones we missed yesterday - as I said in the summer, if we can up our conversion rate this season, the rest of these arcane tactical problems people seem convinced we have will disappear on their own.

Yeah maybe. It's hard to tell to be honest because everything's a little vague.

If our players can step up and convert those chances then it'll be good. Otherwise maybe the right players aren't the ones we have... Or am I too critical? I mean who on this planet can actually score every single time a chance comes up?!

LostAndFound

stiiphunn said:
asajoseph said:
stiiphunn said:

Yeah maybe. It's hard to tell to be honest because everything's a little vague.

If our players can step up and convert those chances then it'll be good. Otherwise maybe the right players aren't the ones we have... Or am I too critical? I mean who on this planet can actually score every single time a chance comes up?!

Who on this planet can actually miss every single time a chance comes up? Cos for most of last season, it seems 3 quarters of our outfield players fit that category. It all balances out, I think, and that means this is going to be a whopper of a season.

I hope :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom