• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 12/08/07

Biggus

Established Member
Goals determine the shape of games. If we had scored after 50 seconds it would have ended up 3-0. last season we showed some fight to get back to 1-1, after conceding early a lot of the time. This season we might get back over the top, thats the difference.
Anyway it doesn't matter how many chances we finish so long as it's one more than our opponents.

banduan

Established Member
Arsenal_Soldier said:
:lol:

I thought one of our most dominating performances last season was against reading away, some quality football in that.

Yeah. That day everyone played well. Really good stuff.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:
stiiphunn said:
When was the last time we created so many CLEAR CUT chances?! Very good game IMO. Something's definitly changed.

In this match?

against cska last year. i thought that was possibly our best best performance last season. bar the finishing that is...

That's like saying 'this is the best meal I've ever had, bar the flavour'.
we also had similar amount of chances against west ham at home yet lost the match.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:
stiiphunn said:
When was the last time we created so many CLEAR CUT chances?! Very good game IMO. Something's definitly changed.

In this match?

against cska last year. i thought that was possibly our best best performance last season. bar the finishing that is...

if you look at every meal like it was your last perhaps. hm, not really sure how to carry on with this metaphor, so i'll just spit it right out:

success in football is all about long term tendencies. the cska match showed me that there is an awful lot of potential in this team, regardless of the result. in the long run, results decide how well you do, but the results are, in the long run, determined by the performances. a good performance is to me, far more important than a good result in one, given match. a good performance shows you're a, or in worst case potentially a, quality team. a good result doesn't really say much one way or the other...

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:
stiiphunn said:

In this match?

if you look at every meal like it was your last perhaps. hm, not really sure how to carry on with this metaphor, so i'll just spit it right out:

success in football is all about long term tendencies. the cska match showed me that there is an awful lot of potential in this team, regardless of the result. in the long run, results decide how well you do, but the results are, in the long run, determined by the performances. a good performance is to me, far more important than a good result in one, given match. a good performance shows you're a, or in worst case potentially a, quality team. a good result doesn't really say much one way or the other...

I find it amazing that you can accuse me of not reading correctly but completely miss the point:

It wasn't a good performance to start with.

ronitc

I'd have to disagree. There was some poor finishing, yes, but if you were to isolate that match and play it 10 times we would win heavily 8 out of 10 times. The performance was brilliant and your analogy doesn't really stand. A better analogy would be this is the best meal I've ever had (including delicious flavour) but I'm still not full.

asajoseph

Established Member
This is typical Arsène-itis - valuing the through-ball more highly than the finish.

It takes both to score a goal.

stiiphunn

Established Member
The more I watch our games the more I think we need a right winger- or at least someone who can play effectively on the right wing.
Hleb can do the job there but his talent is wasted.
Eboue may be the most interesting options out there because of his runs and because he isn't afraid to run at defenders. I guess he needs a bit more playing time as a RW before making any sort of judgement.
As for Theo the boy clearly isn't ready. For all his talent he's way too raw to do the job for us. He still doesn't know how to run with the ball and his decision making is still poooor. Maybe a loan could help him a little bit.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think that shows class. He was a bit of a prick after the game, but it takes bollocks to stand up and admit you were wrong.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
fab4girl said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2661020,00.html

Sanchez apologizes.
fecking tw*t.... yeah, keep yer mouth shut until you have actually SEEN the play... all 3 of them were actual fouls.. unlike your claim for a penalty when Cesc wasnt even facing that way when their feet got tangled...

ronitc

no, class would have been not claiming that the referee was influenced by our blatant simulation in the first place. class is not trying to save face after being decisively being made to look a fool by the media + video evidence.

asajoseph

Established Member
ronitc said:
no, class would have been not claiming that the referee was influenced by our blatant simulation in the first place. class is not trying to save face after being decisively being made to look a fool by the media + video evidence.

And yet most managers never do it.

He didn't have to say anything - he could have just shut up, and waited for the next round of football controversy that's likely to kick off tonight or tomorrow, and all would have been forgotten.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom