• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | November 3rd | KO: 17:30pm GMT|BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoGooner76

This was a pretty anxious game but I really enjoyed it.

I said to a friend at work yesterday that the first 20 minutes would tell the story. I was happy to see that we were certainly up for it and were not about to let them run their deadly counters on us. I knew that if they didntd get any early goals then we would be right in it.

Emery absolutely comes in with a game plan and some major adjustments at half time. His intensity in the technical area is something I have wanted for a long time. He is constantly instructing players and the amount of times he urged the supporters on was wonderful. He knows that it really kicks the players into another gear when the home support is in full force. He is just so locked in, and it is a great example to his players.

I really feel he is challenging a number of players that he wants in his team going forward. I'm sure he challenges everyone to an extent but we can really see those who seem much more committed than a few others.

We dominated the midfield and I said last week that although Xhaka played well filling in at left back, we really missed him in the centre of the pitch. Xhaka seems much more focused these days and seems to have matured under Emery and I feel he is one of the players being challenged. Xhaka and Torreira were great but I just hope Torreira can take all of the abuse he is getting. It is a big hole to fill.

Holding was great and Mustafi had a good game too I feel. Once again, good competition for places with Sokratis looking for game time again. I was getting concerned with a few of the balls sent in over the top in the first half. We made adjustments though.

Mkhi...Hmm. I really want Mkhi to succeed and make it difficult to overlook in the starting 11, but there were times early where I think he could have shown a little more desire and hustle but I think Emery still got it right by having Iwobi (and Welbeck) come on and run at a tired defense later in the game.

Speaking of subs, I was a little surprised with Auba coming off, but I wintw question Emery on it because he gets it so right so often. Auba was clearly not happy, but this is what Emery constantly says. That he wants the competition and the players to push more. No one is safe and when a change is needed to improve in a certain area, Emery is not afraid to do it no matter who it is. He really believes in his players but he is definitely in charge. It is perfect.

Kola did well first game back. Not the best defender, but we had most of our early chances down his side. I think if his defending is sufficient enough, then he can thrive under Emery because he is so good at working things down the left side and getting crosses or cutbacks into the box. Let's see what happens if he gets a run of games there.

As for Leno, I think he played well. Yes, he needs to learn to command his area a little better but working with Cech should help with that. He made a few crucial saves for us, mainly from Van Dijk's free header, and he made himself big for Van Dijk's other chance in close. We look much more composed playing from the back now and once we get past the first couple of banks, the space really opens up. Interesting to see if Cech becomes the "cup keeper" and Leno takes the main role from this point.

Things weren't clicking completely for Laca, but he made good with his chance. A great run and I thought Alisson was going to collect it. But the poise to whip it around the defender and into the corner was just pure class and confidence.

I am very happy with where things are going. I was very pleased when Emery was announced as I knew he was a great coach and fit right in to what we wanted to do going forward. I'm glad to see that now he has seemed to gain the trust and confidence of most of the people on this forum. I think that is so important, because it was too decided the last number of years. I am excited to see what happens when he has a few windows to mold his team a little more the way he would like to.

Exciting times these days and I feel that even though we didn't win, we still made a bit of a statement.

TheArsenalis

You know what no found about pundits (think it should be dimwits but im not sure) today, they went from talking about liverpool front three and pressing game to talking about how well they defended. Makes me laugh, im proud of these boys today.

We pressed better than them, played better and from the off they respected us because the had to. They couldnt go gung go like they usually would. I wished they did so we could've picked them off like ripe cherry.

Who's next?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Some thought it a bit strange that we let Chambers go, I didn't, and this lad is the reason. He's going to be a hell of a CB in a couple of years, just 23, he's learning so fast!
Yeah it's kinda sad to see the development of those two going in such contrasting directions. But I feel Chambers would have benefited more by staying under Emery than going to that mess of a defence that is Fulham's.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I am a bit concerned with Miki at the moment.

He seems very low on confidence, and needs a boost.

Emery is also a renowned man manager, so I'm sure things will work out.

He's doing a lot right and the work ethic is there , only a matter of time before form comes back when you do that .

Aubameyang is the one I worry about .

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Missed the game, on BBC news they made it sound like Liverpool had loads of chances to win it but our habit of scoring late got us the draw

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Was in a pub filled with Liverpool fans, only Arsenal fan there. Don't think I've ever celebrated a goal like the equaliser, thought I was gonna be killed. :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Completely agree, I said I wanted him to start, he started, and I wish he hadn't. Not sure what the issue is but he plays with very little confidence!

He has no confidence because his legs are gone , he is old

He is technical but to get past players he needs a small burst to And that is gone

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Missed the game, on BBC news they made it sound like Liverpool had loads of chances to win it but our habit of scoring late got us the draw

We played better in terms of controlling the tempo and keeping possession, but when they managed to pull off attacks and chances they were more incisive, they hit the post twice and we were quite exposed at wide areas on the counter, particularly on the right where Bellerin often held extremely advanced positions. So Liverpool had the better chances and took them a bit better and this is what wins you games in football, that has to be said, but as an overall performance we were better, our 2-man midfield had their 3-man midfield for dessert. Technically we were on another level throughout the pitch.

blrgooner

Established Member
We played better in terms of controlling the tempo and keeping possession, but when they managed to pull off attacks and chances they were more incisive, they hit the post twice and we were quite exposed at wide areas on the counter, particularly on the right where Bellerin often held extremely advanced positions. So Liverpool had the better chances and took them a bit better and this is what wins you games in football, that has to be said, but as an overall performance we were better, our 2-man midfield had their 3-man midfield for dessert. Technically we were on another level throughout the pitch.
Perfect summary. Liverpool are the form team and played well when they had the ball. They created some good chances and looked dangerous. What I loved was the fact that we didn't really let them have the ball enough and technically outplayed them. Of course that doesn't matter in the long run but it's a very good indicator of the base we are building now imo. We will get better and win these kind of games soon.

Gursha

Draw was a fair result.

We had chances, they had chances, could easily be a 4-4 game.

Really proud of our team, the defensive fragilities are still there, specially on the cutting through balls, we get caught too easily on diagonal passes, gotta work on that cause those are the most dangerous, leave the opponent virtually 1v1.

with all the positives, im not happy with the draw, im happy the game was there to be won, we didnt get run over, thats the main thing.

But, for the next years, when we will want to compete for the title, draw is not enough at home. I mainly say that cause we usually struggle away and lose, then the forever positive fans say that ok to lose to a top opposition away, well, i agree with that, but only if you won at home, then you are even.
When you win at home everything out of the away game is a bonus, winning at home is a must.
We are marching in a very good direction right now, disappointed we didnt win, ecstatic we compete!

COYG!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

2lng6r.jpg

2 years ago we played Liverpool with Elneny and Coquelin in midfield, how times have changed.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
But, for the next years, when we will want to compete for the title, draw is not enough at home. I mainly say that cause we usually struggle away and lose, then the forever positive fans say that ok to lose to a top opposition away, well, i agree with that, but only if you won at home, then you are even.
When you win at home everything out of the away game is a bonus, winning at home is a must.
We are marching in a very good direction right now, disappointed we didnt win, ecstatic we compete!

Liverpool are on another level right now, settled, confident, on form, with much fewer injuries and much greater investment than us. Time works in our favour as the away fixture approaches, so we could draw that too or even win it, why not?

But what is most important is this: The demand to win at home might not be there with Liverpool and City, it doesn't mean we shouldn't win against the rest. We should win against Chelsea, Sp**s and United and at the very least draw the latter two away. A loss against Sp**s and United teams that are this poor and still somehow manage to run shoulders with us on the table is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom