• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 01/02/04

goonerlove

I think Robbie Fowler is injured...

I hope Reyes gets at least 30 minutes in this game but I doubt he starts...

Goonerlove

lewdikris

Established Member
Vieira's suspended. Freddie should be fit enough to start... Cygan apparently is very doubtful. So the team picks itself:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Sol Ash

Freddie Silva Edu Bob

Bergs Henry

Subs: Stacky, Keown, Ray, Reyes, Bentley

Wenger will play Edu and Silva together - Paddy and Ray will play wednesday, and Edu's the only one when Paddy's out who can really pass.

Ray and Reyes will come on second half. And the crowd will go wild for Reyes, who hopefully will score a debut goal, or produce something magic to allay any nerves.

I love playing teams like City. They try and attack us - and then get spanked for their impertinence. That's been the main theme this year: attack us first up, lose:

Boro at their place, Leeds away twice, Birmingham ... same pattern, same result every time. Spanking.

City can expect one tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

The Telegraph predicts that Henry will be rested again, which i think is rubbish. He will start up front with Dennis, and i think Freddie wont play. He has been carrying an injury for ages, so he shouldnt be risked further imo. Stick Parlour in there to give us that extra bite.
Unlike many i think City will come for the draw. As Fowler is out they will replace him with a midfielder and hope to pack that area. They will leave Anelka up front by himself and look to catch us on the break.
I think it will be a tough game, but their major weakness is there defence, which is very poor. We will create chances, which we will have to take. Hopefully we will be 2 or 3 up with 20 minutes to go allowing Reyes to come on for a pressure free debut.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We should win this easily regardless whether Henry plays or not. City are very disjointed and have got no confidence at the moment. We really should stroll to victory.

lewdikris

Established Member
Sol - I can't think of one occasion,ever, when a Keegan team has played for a draw. They're just not discipline (or defensively able) enough to do it...

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:
Sol - I can't think of one occasion,ever, when a Keegan team has played for a draw. They're just not discipline (or defensively able) enough to do it...

Yeah, I know what you are saying. He MUST know though they will get a spanking if they come and play, there best bet is to play for a draw, which i think they will.

laolu

we'll trash them

I suspect we'll play

Lehmann
Lauren Campbell Toure Cole
Parlour Edu Silva Pires
Henry Bergy/Reyes

lewdikris

Established Member
Sol - if Keegan had ever realised that then Newcastle would actually have won the title when they were 12 points in front! And England wouldn't have got beat by Romania in Euro 2000....

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:
Sol - if Keegan had ever realised that then Newcastle would actually have won the title when they were 12 points in front! And England wouldn't have got beat by Romania in Euro 2000....

Lol yeah, really what am i talking about?! This is Kevin Keegan!
Bring on a spanking!

BB

1-0 to THE Arsenal !Keegan always like this under dog feel and will get his players up for this game :(

leongsh

Sol said:
Lol yeah, really what am i talking about?! This is Kevin Keegan!
Bring on a spanking!

What paddle do you think Arsenal should be using? ;D

A studded paddle, a drilled paddle or a plain paddle..

A

Anonymous

I dont often say this.

COME ON YOU BLUE'S
COME ON YOU BLUE'S
COME ON YOU BLUE'S

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone,
without a dream in my heart,
without a love of my own.

;D ;D ;D ;D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'd be surprised if Reyes started- I don't think many of Arsène's big signings have started on their debut- Thierry, Freddie and Patrick didn't.

Oh, 3-1 Arsenal, methinks

Andrew

myth_scum said:
I dont often say this.

COME ON YOU BLUE'S
COME ON YOU BLUE'S
COME ON YOU BLUE'S

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone,
without a dream in my heart,
without a love of my own.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Pfft... And in that football fans census things Manure fans ranked Man City as a bigger rival then us. If that's the case then I expect most Manure supporters to be going for us in this match. :roll:

Jinn

Established Member
Nice report gooner. I've posted this on the front page.

I think it'll be 3-0 to the Arse. Reyes to set one up.

wrightgooner

Right, the family and I are off the Highbury to see City get beaten, and hopefully a glimpse of our new signing, catch you all later :D

pamilih

Arsenal316 said:
Ljungberg and Cygan have ankle injuries, and won't be playing.

So.......

Lehmann

Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole

Parlour, Edu, Gilberto, Pires

Reyes, Henry

Subs: Stack, Keown, Bergkamp, Clichy, Bentley.

It is more elegant to introduce him in the second half to replace Bergkamp.

JazzG

Established Member
Jens Lehmann

Ashley Cole
Sol Campbell
Kolo Toure
Bisan Lauren

Robert Pires
Ray Parlour
Gilberto Silva
Fredrik Ljungberg

Thierry Henry
Dennis Bergkamp

Subs
Graham Stack
Pascal Cygan
Edu
David Bentley
Jose Antonio Reyes

Just Reyes come out to warm up, was coming out having a laugh with the lads and chatting to Edu and Pires. Seems like communication isn't a problem between him and our players. He seemed quite happy as well coming out.

A

Anonymous

Is it true? they was giving out song sheets before the match started and asking people to sing along??

Please tell me its not True, :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom