• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 17/04/07

Nutsy

Established Member
Surely everyone wants this season to end asap, so, we should be treating all the reamining games as a 'Final' now.

Especially if we're still gunning to finish 4th CL for Next season.

Now, I keep telling myself. That Man city's pretty much like Newcastle, they good on their on form days, they're horribly ****e in their bad days. It;s a well known fact tbh. ah well,I'm happy that Rosicky scored the equalizer against Bolton and the bloody crucial beauty goal from Cesc - the guy's a legend, the goal was THAT important not only to us, but for him aswell.

That win against Bolton has definitely lightened up our chances to hold on to our 4th place. as some has predicted, whoever wins this game will definitely finish 4th place. but the footballing world is THAT screwy, you never know the **** that happens in football. Classic example would be Man City holding Liverpool to a goaless draw. Realistically battling for 3rd place? I won't rule that out just yet. But Man City after watching a glimpse of their game against the Pools. They could give us some trouble on Tuesday. But hey, I'm still going for the Gunners to win this and we could be finishing third by the end of this season. It was a good game against Bolton, Right after Rosi and Fab scored those two goals, we've had some more tempo, confidence..

But we're still not out of the woods just yet, Eboue's not having one of his favourable game,overall, in the last few games, including the Bolton game, our defense is still shaky, there's simply no communications. Hope all of this sorted out. Can't bear to see us fcked it up at the very last minute. At the end of the Bolton game, I'm having a mild, scratch that, a heart attack.

Ah well, we're gonna win this game. still won't be easy, as our upfront can be that unreliable. Missing too many chances and all.

1-0 to the Arsenal?

Meek

we will take it by a 2 goal margin. i wouldnt bet against rosicky or fabregas getting another providing they both play.

illmatik

Established Member
otfgoon said:
If we dont win this we deserve to be wiped out from existance.

don't know what to expect, i think it is going to be a flurry of chances for us but we wont be able to finish it off like usual..hopefully we can bang a couple in but man city have a decent attack with that **** barton...hopefully our defense is up for it

Nutsy

Established Member
To be honest, I'd rather have this backline

Toure - Gallas - Phil - Clichy

Eboue really needs to clean up his act. he's lucky to get away from that handball that could've gotten a penalty against us.

illmatik

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:

Eboue really needs to clean up his act. he's lucky to get away from that handball that could've gotten a penalty against us.

agreed..that handball was shocking...if he gave that penalty away...well lets not even get into that :lol:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Gurgen said:
1970*Gooner said:
Gurgen said:
Clichy out - Phil in, apart from that keep the same XI.
Is Clinchy injured?

No, it's just something I would do. I'd play Eboue-Toure-Phil-Gallas as a first choice defense.
I would rather play Clichy instead of sick note, Clichy puts twice the effort in his game, I wouldn't mind seeing big Phil play with Toure though, yep he has dropped a few bollocks but hasn't everyone else.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Gunners_Nadz said:

He sure does WTF is wrong with the guy, one minute he plays well the next it's like he is another person, strange lad.

sam961gunners

Lehmann

Toure Senderos Gallas Clichy

Hleb Gilberto(c) Fabregas Rosicky

Adebayor Aliadiere

Subs: Almunia, Eboue, Diaby, Denilson, Baptista

Not sure if Freddie will be fit for this game, Eboue wasn't at his best today so i would put Toure at right-back were he has looked more than comfortable.

Dennis10

sam961gunners said:
Lehmann

Toure Senderos Gallas Clichy

Hleb Gilberto(c) Fabregas Rosicky

Adebayor Aliadiere

Subs: Almunia, Eboue, Diaby, Denilson, Baptista

Not sure if Freddie will be fit for this game, Eboue wasn't at his best today so i would put Toure at right-back were he has looked more than comfortable.

I agree with that line-up, although I'm so fed up with Baptista I don't even want him on the bench. He has managed to play shockingly every single game in 2007...

Btw, I'm not sure about Phil either...

stuart

Established Member
We will win this. And, this game or the Fulham game, we will clean up. Someone is getting a pasting before the season ends. We are going to steal the Champions thunder ;)

1970*Gooner

Established Member

stuart said:
We will win this. And, this game or the Fulham game, we will clean up. Someone is getting a pasting before the season ends. We are going to steal the Champions thunder ;)
I would love it if we gave the Plastic's a hammering :D

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I think this will be 2-0 for us

by the way Im going to be in Dublin for this match, anyone know a good place their to watch Arsenal?

M+D

Established Member
illmatik said:
Gunners_Nadz said:

agreed..that handball was shocking...if he gave that penalty away...well lets not even get into that :lol:

Whereas Gallas' blatant handball was what exactly..... :roll:
I'm sorry but while I admit Eboue's behaviour is very bad at times, and his handball was naive and silly - Gallas' was deliberately cheating to save a goal and he's a veteran of the game and should know better and should've been sent off.

Back on topic, the Man City game should be relatively straight forward, but they did get a draw with Liverpool today and are in form.
I predict a score of 3-1 to us though, with the same team as today's.

otfgoon

Established Member
illmatik said:
otfgoon said:
If we dont win this we deserve to be wiped out from existance.

s**t post

don't know what to expect, i think it is going to be a flurry of chances for us but we wont be able to finish it off like usual..hopefully we can bang a couple in but man city have a decent attack with that c**t barton...hopefully our defense is up for it

Cheers mate.

americanarf

Established Member
After the painful defeat at the hands of City late last year courtesy of a silly Hoyte penalty with RVP rattling their woodwork, I expect revenge, a loss is unthinkable and a draw is not good enough.

nuff said.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom