• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 09/09/06

I'm happy to see our team is on a right track of games. We will play well in this year. Though we have lots of troubles now, but we must trust wenger and our players, they will do their best. Then we will win everything we hoped.
Maybe in CL, we could not go faster than last year, but we must have our confidence to face everything.

Nyingmeh

quote="MUTERI"]
Hleb is great in terms of quality but not confident, he simply doesn't believe that he can score even from very close ranges and open angles so he passes the ball to someone else, this has to be addressed.[/quote]

Not his fault, Wenger ask him to pass the ball all the time, and no body wants to play direct, am pretty sure our neighbourhood team is ready to face Arsenal. Damn, every tom and **** looks like a big team when they play us. Can u imagine ?

AV - ManC and Borough ----> Mediocal teams and as a remider, if the league were to end today, were would we be ?

Nyingmeh

vanderguy said:
Nyingmeh said:
WE DID NOT WIN. Our Recent from is :
D-L-D

And our hype is :

1 - Henry is the best foward in the premiership
2 - cesc is so young and has an eye for goal
3 - RVP is a bundle of cracking talent
4 - Rosisky is a playmaker and craking goal scorer
5 - Baptista is a magnificient signing, strong powerfull and scores one too many
6 - Hleb is so good, so talented and full of assist
7 - Gilberto does not know how to pass.

Ha ha ha - Gilberto has scored the only Arsenal goal for the season, while Henry the king runs up and down and cannot do his job.

You are sore loser,fuc* off fickle fan :evil: :(

I'm sure you must be some sick dude, who has no intelligence whatsoever to examine facts at hand, and if you think I don't have the right to my opinion keep using such words on the forum. I really wonder if people like you still exist.

Henry needs to be benched. I rest my case.

kulazz

happy that:
- rosicky, baptista and gallas showed their stuff in this game (it's the first time i saw rosicky doing his thang in an arsenal shirt)

- we got the equalizer, it's better than getting no pts at all and boro's defense was superb i have to admit

- eboue did very well, i never thought he was that good

- finally! more shooting and less passing dammit!
disappointed that:
- we didn't capitalize on boateng's sending off

- the defense, was caught napping

- henry missed his "surprise" free kick

- i dont think rvp did well compared to his performances last season.. correct me if im wrong

- where the hell was walcott?

apollo

off the topic...I was wondering did any of you guys notice the cannon on back of the kit??...I know THERE IS a cannon there but the kit that I bought (which is a %100 authentic replica kit) the cannon isn't on the back of the white collar (like what I saw last game) but it's down the back of the collar between the shoulders (i.e. the background is the red shirt itself not the collar)....is this alright???

vanderguy

Nyingmeh said:
vanderguy said:
Nyingmeh said:
D-L-D

And our hype is :

5 - Baptista is a magnificient signing, strong powerfull and scores one too many

Ha ha ha - Gilberto has scored the only Arsenal goal for the season, while Henry the king runs up and down and cannot do his job.

I'm sure you must be some sick dude, who has no intelligence whatsoever to examine facts at hand, and if you think I don't have the right to my opinion keep using such words on the forum. I really wonder if people like you still exist.

You are so fickle like rat(snitch),i will keep my tabs on you to see if you will celebrate when henry scores, you are the one that needs to be benched

Nyingmeh

vanderguy said:
Nyingmeh said:
vanderguy said:
Nyingmeh said:
D-L-D

And our hype is :

You are so fickle like rat(snitch),i will keep my tabs on you to see if you will celebrate when henry scores, you are the one that needs to be benched

I'll celebrate any goal anyone scores and in my own very decent rights. It's sad you cannot stop that, neither can you stop the fact that I am a fan of Arsenal and a fan of Henry. And you can do nothing to my opinion that he needs to be benched. Slow down dude, it's my opinion, it belongs to me, so you can do nothing about it. You wanna express your imaturity by sending out insults, fine keepalive man. Keepalive.

vanderguy

Why do you want to expose yourself that you are a glory hunter :roll: the fact is clear, henry sometimes goes on a barren spell upto 5 games without scoring, we should have benched him then? how fickle can you be :( it is so sad that you are an arsenal fan(glory hunter).

Nyingmeh

kulazz said:
henry needs to be benched?? you must be outta your mind! think mate! think!

When you bench a player, it does not mean he is a worthless player. It comes with many reasons, the first of which is performance, If he needs fitness - give him a rest; if he's become to confident - give him a challenge, if partnership don't work and you already know how your key player operates - keep him outside and read the way others play, then you'd best know what decisions to take, If he looks fraustrated, put him in a role of boosting morals with words and talking personally to the younger ones.

Do you see anything wrong in that ? I am still sure Henry is the best, and IMO better than Ronaldhinho; and while I am running my mouth that he's the best, he's got to prove it and it's Wenger's duty to help him by creating a new challenge and piping down overconfidence. What doo you think ?

vanderguy

You dont bench worldclass players like henry,ronaldinho.players like that caliber need matches to get in form buddy.

Nyingmeh

vanderguy said:
Why do you want to expose yourself that you are a glory hunter :roll: the fact is clear, henry sometimes goes on a barren spell upto 5 games without scoring, we should have benched him then? how fickle can you be :( it is so sad that you are an arsenal fan(glory hunter).

Why does a football team exist in the first place ? GLORY HUNTUNG as you rightly put it. I am one, Wenger is one, Henry is one and every fan worthy of being called a fan will support his/her team with the greatest hope of silverware ( glory ). And may I express my discontent to the fact that you are getting out of topic ? It would be most appropriate if you spent time writting out relevant things like why Henry should not be benched than insulting me. If you think I'll insult back, then you've wasted precious time and energy. I am a fan in my very right and if that hurts you, keep it to yourself, but try to live with it. Being barren of goals is not the issue here, he's changing his style of play and I think he previous one was more accurate, and I maintain he needs to be challenged.

vanderguy

I will put it like this (bet) he will score against hamburg and manure then i will see your complaints about changing style,you are just trying to find a scapegoat,which is silly and also you are trying to look like a victim of vicious insults which you aren't :wink:

Nyingmeh

am sorry, looking like a victim is not part of me, I am not a victim and your insults mean absolutely nothing to me. I'm not finding any scapegoats here ... I have posted time and again since yesterday and I have expressed my opinion about every single player - why do you have to take it personally when it comes to Henry ?

one Jun 12, 2006, I wrote and challenge this :

To my greatest pleasure we managed a Champions league cup final match at long last. It would have been wonderful if we just won that Cup, but again I think it's not so bad that we lose, which means an overconfidence spirit does not step into the mindframe of the players.

When you watch teams like Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester play, honestly you think there is something in their game we sure do lack... I have tried to make a one - one comparism between players of each of these teams and you really begin to wonder where we flight. When you compare key positions ...

Van der Shar - Lehman - Reina ( Lehman has been arguable the best of these keepers this season )

Terry - Ferdinand - Toure ( Terry is a really fine half back, but not as committed as Toure to my opinion, but one thing about Ferdinand is his coldness which really avoids the united team from trembling many a time).

Within our team, Eboue and Lauren can give you a clue why we suffer. If you compare these two players, you will see that talent wise Eboue has a lot to envy from Lauren - but alas there is absolutely no point having a bank of skills without the guts to explode. When Lauren links up with a midfielder, he just puches a little above the center of the parck and runs back into position, this keeps the game dull, but Eboue is of a completely different thinking generation : DO YOUR THING . As long as it is not exagerated and you always find him in the back when the other team is on the offensive.

You may confirm this even in the midfields, when Keene was at MAN U it was a different ball game, look at the aggresiveness in Lampard and Gerard, don't tell me about a Patrik Viera absence because he is such a talent, but he was a timid lad too...

As far a strikers are concerned, it's not even the trouble writting because only wayne rooney can compare his talents to Henry in the whole kingdom.

Hleb is doing a good job in these days, passing is excellent in footbal, but I think too many passes in the opponents box only shows a sign of weekness. The goal keeper should be put to test more often, we need to get a little more physical and faster and with that we are bound to be the best...

To win, we need to be hungry; talent alone does not surfice, Liverpool was the hungriest team last season, chelsea was more cautios and I think that's why they ended up where they ended. We lost an array of points in a manner I could not beleive.

TBone

I haven't seen the game myself but from what I can gather it was pretty much the same as against Villa and City. I love the football that Wenger tries to put together and I believe that this team can win playing it, even against 10-man defences...

We are making plenty of chances but aint finishing them off, we need that conviction that arrogance of a couple seasons back when players wouldn't shoot half-heartedly or hesitate. They trusted in their technique and more often than not put the ball away. I'm pretty tired of excuses such as the width of the pitch etc when your a winning team you win anywhere against anyone. We just gotta have some patience while the team finds that hopefully sooner rather than later...

I got a hunch we might start rediscovering this confidence in the Champs league and the beggining of that competition will hopefully coincide with our rise up the table.

Just my 2 cents :D

Loose against United on Sunday and end up 13 points a drift and screwed.As of now we have done nothing to suggest we will even get a point, in all our games so far we have gone behind. Why can't we be like Chelsea, play like crap but pick up all 3 points!

belgianfan

Rosicky must play in the middle and not cesc. Rosicky is one of the most creative players out there. Put cesc on the right side.

biglunn

I am concerned about Arsenal right now.

Big problem right now is that Arsenal arent making proper use of the flanks. Although Pires & Ljungberg wernt natural wide men, what they did do was use the flanks effectively. Most of the goals had come from the Pires-Henry combination on the left with Ljungberg making superbly timed runs into the box scoring from crosses (when is the last time he done that?), but as Henrys game changed with Wenger trying to keep him central, we are trying to get balls through the middle which simply doesnt work when the opposition camp in front of goal. And thats exactly what Villa - ManCity - Boro have done. We just aint pulling opposition defences apart with our movement.

Technically, the team is brilliant. The passing & posession is to notch. But the way Arsenal try to play is far too focused on counterattack. What needs to be desperately done is to get players to stay out wide. I have to say that Ljungberg looks mediocre on the wing. I feel Van Persie looks hopeless as a striker with Henry. He ought to stay out wide right where he does a good job for holland. On the left, Im not sure what we can do. Rosicky is not a natural wide man and Im not sure if that can work (Wenger may prove me wrong) and the only player I feel who can do a job there is Walcott.

I hope Wenger can get it right, and SOON. I feel we will be OK against Hamburg away, but its that tie against ManU which I fear about. They are perfectly capable of dismantling us with their directness.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Some people on this forum are running around like headless chickens screaming we are all doomed, we are Not, we will get it right have a little faith. New stadium and players leaving is bound to cause a few problems until we start gelling, FFS we have only played 3 games and already people are writing us off. Yes I would like to have had maximum points but we haven't so get over it, not being a fair weather Gunner I believe in the Boss he will sort it out given time. We are Arsenal and the future is looking good so lets not go to pieces just because we are not winning every game 5 - 0, end of rant.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom