• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle United | 30/08/08

kooldawg

Established Member
Re: Arsenal FC vs Newcastle United | 17.30GMT | 30/08/08

Nice game from the lads, even Eboue managed to get 1 thing right today heh.

I have to say though, if we can get atleast a replacement for eboue as well as starting CM with guys like denilson and song and Diaby as rotation choices in the midfield then we will win the quadruple if we play like that.

Good display, loved every minute of the game.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

The only negative of this wonderful performance is that it might convince Wenger that our squad is good enough and he won't make even one signing, when we needs 2

TomasCR

Established Member

banduan said:
do we need Cesc to win? maybe
do we need him to play well to win? clearly not

Played pretty well, didn´t he?

the dawn raids

Established Member

i love watching velas close control; his balance is out of this world. its almost impossible to pick the ball off him. looking forward to seeing much more of him; probably in place of walcott at this rate. he just doesnt have a clue what to do when he gets in or near the box.

patrick42uk

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
good game. except for maybe denilson, who i thought was very sloppy in his passing game, it was a very solid team effort. no one really stood out. defensively a very agressive and determined and accurate on the break.

if i had to mention anything negative, it would have to be that this performance was a bit accidental. we created almost all our chances on either set pieces or on quick counter attacks, after newcastle had given the ball away. better teams might not be as easily dispossessed. though, good to see quick, determined breaks with plenty of players storming up the pitch.

ALways felt that losing Hleb from the midfield would improve us on the break.

Think our movement around the opposition box is quite good as well.

Nasri is ridiculosuly good. Everything you'd want in a Arsenal wide player; quick, good technique, can carry the ball, works hard, makes forward runs. His adaptation would always be made easier by the fact he's a pass and move player but still i'm surprised at how quickly he has become effective.

banduan

Established Member

TomasCR said:
banduan said:
do we need Cesc to win? maybe
do we need him to play well to win? clearly not

Played pretty well, didn´t he?

Defending, yes, absolutely. Attacking? not really.

His value in this match is that he is absolutely calm. Compare to Denilson, whose haphazard passing without vision makes it awkward for others.

Both will get better though.

kel varnsen

Established Member

the dawn raids said:
i love watching velas close control; his balance is out of this world. its almost impossible to pick the ball off him. looking forward to seeing much more of him; probably in place of walcott at this rate. he just doesnt have a clue what to do when he gets in or near the box.

that was a brilliant move. that is, until the ball fell to walcott who looked like a deer caught in the headlights...

Mostarac

Established Member

Compared to what our boys have showed earlier this season, it was an pretty good performance and win. Happy to see Nasri not allowing ****s like Barton to bully him around, thats the mentality some of our other players should try to adopt aswell. Anyway, good performance, some great football on display from our team at times and a comfortable win against the northern thugs, what more can you ask for.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Hopefully the Fulham game turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I believe we have the quality to win the league.

kel varnsen

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
Hopefully the Fulham game turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I believe we have the quality to win the league.

i don't. i think we're better than the fulham game showed and i think both man u and liverpool could have their problems this year, but chelsea will win it. quite easily i think too. they look extremely strong and with robinho there as well, i don't see anyone stopping them this year.

KingReyes

Established Member

patrick42uk said:

If get no injuries, never get 'physically jaded' and play consistently well over 38 games then yes we have a chance. But we know that those three combinations are not going to happen.

Rohit

Established Member

Pleased to see us start at the tempo we did.

thegame24

Established Member

We played well today, but it still shows how we lack in midfield.

Yes denilson scored and eboue done a dirty flick on, but they are still hampering our play.

Get two more players and ill be happy.

Btw is van persie injury serious.

xcdude24

Established Member

Wenger said the first signs from RVP's coming off were "positive", but they're taking him in for an X-ray regardless. He said that they're still "a little bit nervous" about the injury, though.

scruzgooner

ricky1985 said:
we were so fast on the counter-attack, for the first time in a long while.
i think this is where nasri brings us. he's *very* smart with the ball, and releases it early then moves very quickly forward. enables us to force the defense to their back foot, and on comes the rest of the squad.

clichy had three tackles today where he absolutely pickpocketed the geordie, then turned and raced upfield. everyone else was pushing up, too.

very happy with the game, pleased with the performance and skill.

hopefully robin is a treatment table away from not playing for holland during the break :)

DC Gunner

Established Member

xcdude24 said:
Wenger said the first signs from RVP's coming off were "positive", but they're taking him in for an X-ray regardless. He said that they're still "a little bit nervous" about the injury, though.

X-rays = does not give me a promise :|

Every time that happened , bad things followed.

EDIT: Just saw the interview, I love how he smiles when one of his players are complimented, he is smiling as if he is saying "I told you so"

JazzG

Established Member

Good to see us win with a performance, will do wonders for our confidence. Didn't see the game so with catch the highlights on MOTD.

General

Established Member

Well I won't go overboard with this. It was a very good performance against a depleted and negative Newcastle side. We still had some glaring weaknesses. Denilson as usual gave the ball away countless times to the frustration of the crowd. Eboue diving as usual although he had a very good performance (why won’t this guy just concentrate on playing football?) and our centre backs looking disjointed as usual. Hell, the only time Newcastle showed a bit more ambition by getting forward, they had us on the ropes. The score could've easily been 3-2 has the taken that glaring miss in the first half (made our defence look like amateurs) and the header off the bar.

I’m happy with the performance but the team looked far from balanced from where I was sitting. We need more bite in midfield and defence. Amoebi literally won everything in the air and we still cannot deal with the long ball down the middle. In fact I'll stick my neck out and say we will never win the PL with Toure and Gallas at the back and one of them has to drop.

Nice to see Vela get a run out. He is going to be one hell of a player for us.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom