• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle United | 30/08/08

patrick42uk

Established Member
Re: Arsenal FC vs Newcastle United | 17.30GMT | 30/08/08

Danny Guthrie actually reminds me a little of Hleb. Able to change direction very easily.

DC Gunner

Established Member

Jameel46 said:
everyone on here (nearly everyone) said denilson had a poor game but i turn on the TV and they say he was very good, lol.

Eboue did not play bad today, did not do antics or dives, yet almost everyone goes about as if he did almost all the bad things a footballer could do :lol:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

patrick42uk said:
Nasri is ridiculosuly good. Everything you'd want in a Arsenal wide player; quick, good technique, can carry the ball, works hard, makes forward runs. His adaptation would always be made easier by the fact he's a pass and move player but still i'm surprised at how quickly he has become effective.
Nasri can move the ball under his feel quickyly in the opposite direction towards the movement of his nearest defender's center of gravity. Nasri and Hleb both have quick feet, but their styles difer in some ways. Hleb's are more flashy with a few step-overs and turning himself and the ball with defenders on his back. Nasri's are often more direct. I really like watching Nasri ball control when the receiving ball sort of being smashed on his shin or thigh, especially inside opposition's box. Yet he still can controll the ball smoothly, turn his body, with his head up being aware of his surrounding at the same time.

invisibleman18

Established Member

That's more like it.
What a piece of **** that Barton **** is. If anyone is not deserving of earning 40 odd grand a week it's him. Good on Nasri for standing up to him and good on Gallas for standing up to Keegan. "I love it. Absolutely love it." :lol:

Any news on Van Persie? Presumably that's him gone for most of the season isn't it?

Anzac

Established Member

Reading from KK that he thinks that Barton's tackle was 'a good tackle & nothing wrong', and that Nasri should have got a red card & that's what he was having words to Nasri about.

If he really thinks that then it won't be long before Barton is sent off for a dangerous tackle or someone is hurt by the f*cker.

kanooo

Good game! Heck, even Eboue had a good game.

Hope we can keep this up with the tough CL games to come as well.

Nice to see Nasri's revenge in the last few mintues although he shouldn't have reacted that way.

But apart from the game, I just can't help thinking that Vela looks like Mido! :roll: I'm hoping though that he will be a lot better than Mido in football!

Biggus

Established Member

invisibleman18 said:
That's more like it.
What a piece of **** that Barton c**t is. If anyone is not deserving of earning 40 odd grand a week it's him. Good on Nasri for standing up to him and good on Gallas for standing up to Keegan. "I love it. Absolutely love it." :lol:

Nasri's reaction was understandable, but I would have preferred a different one and if Samir was more experienced he would have done it.
When the c**t came on it was obvious he was going to go for someone to pay the crowd back, When Samir was hit he should have gone down and stayed down, maybe given a few rolls before going off with the physio, could you imagine the howling for bartons blood then. :wink: He may have even gotten a yellow, when Nasri retaliated, the f**ker could be portrayed as a victim. What worries me is barton obviously has psychiatric problems and belongs in care, but he is out on a pitch and will be waiting for Samir again.

Did people see Vieira sitting beside Silvestre? hmmmm.

McIntyre

Established Member

Anzac said:
Reading from KK that he thinks that Barton's tackle was 'a good tackle & nothing wrong', and that Nasri should have got a red card & that's what he was having words to Nasri about.

If he really thinks that then it won't be long before Barton is sent off for a dangerous tackle or someone is hurt by the f*cker.

I've got to admit that I think Barton was a victim of the TV highlighting the first tackle that he put in since being out of jail.

It wasn't the greatest was it?!!!. He caught Nasri, no doubt, and the c*nt probably enjoyed getting stuck into the nearest player he doesn't believe good enough to be on the pitch with him.

However, the cameras were bound to focus on him after WHATEVER tackle he put in, and I think that grin was almost knowing, in that he'd already got himself in hot water with the first tackle he made (stupid tw*t!). And, to his MINOR credit, he took Nasri's foul with a simple claim towards the referee instead of the in your face attitude he normally would. He almost acted as though he deserved it, as a normal player does if they've been a bit heavy handed with someone ten seconds earlier.

The sad thing is that Keegan is either too naive, or too stupid, to realise that this is Joey Barton's game. He hits a player without getting on the wrong side of the law. The best hardmen in the game do so. The only problem is, and as Keegan has to realise, on the majority of occasions Barton goes over the top and his tackles margin on that of a personal vendetta. So what if Nasri gave him a bit of what he deserved?!! As Keegan said "if Joey had done that he would've been sent off!" the difference being that Barton would've gone through the player's knee, with malice, not just nicked his heels to let him know he's no fool.

I'm glad Gallas stepped to Nasri's defence. If there's one thing Gallas can get right as captain it's getting in people's faces to defend his team-mates.

Keegan was obviously frustrated with his players and the referee and I think it's ridiculous that he's taken his anger out on one player for a foul that had nothing to do with the result.

If anything he might want to look at why van Persie had to limp out of the game after taking late hits from a number of players including Beye, Taylor, N'Zogbia, and Butt especially.

They tried their tough tackling tactics and got seen off by a better team. It's just a shame they insisted on trying to take a few casualties with them (I'm surprised Cesc lasted the match!!!).

Thanks to Keegan's bullsh*t I'm back to hoping Newcastle get relegated back to where they really belong.

Anzac

Established Member

Coloccini(sp) saved their defence on more than one occaision - imagine what the score line would have been like if that first penalty call had been given!!!!

Jinn

Established Member

szfwuh.gif

Heh.

Anzac

Established Member

This performance was a breath of fresh air, but while I enjoyed getting up at 230am to witness it, I don't want to get to carried away - after all it's not as if NUFC are going to be challenging the 2nd tier clubs, let alone the Top 4.

The reality is we dominated a team that is going to finish mid table at best, and so we should have.

Biggus

Established Member

Jinn said:

Thats why people used to like Newcastle, even their multi-millionaire owner likes to sink a beer with the lads, they wear shortsleeves in January etc they're lovable lunatics, but when you have sh!t like like barton in your team the whole club becomes as despised as ManU.

ricky1985

Established Member

Biggus said:
What worries me is barton obviously has psychiatric problems and belongs in care, but he is out on a pitch and will be waiting for Samir again.

You've just made me feel very uneasy.

ricky1985

Established Member

Anzac said:
This performance was a breath of fresh air, but while I enjoyed getting up at 230am to witness it, I don't want to get to carried away - after all it's not as if NUFC are going to be challenging the 2nd tier clubs, let alone the Top 4.

The reality is we dominated a team that is going to finish mid table at best, and so we should have.

The champions barely created a chance against them last week. Not to mention everyone was saying beforehand how we will have to be bang on it against Newcastle or we will struggle, then suddenly when we win we revert back to the old line 'well its only Newcastle'.

In my opinion Newcastle will be in and around 5th place this season. They look a good team to me.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member

Well, kel, last season may have been irrelevant, didn't stop the scoreline being the same, eh?

;-)

Don't know why everyone was so worried, we were brilliant.

invisibleman18

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Biggus said:
What worries me is barton obviously has psychiatric problems and belongs in care, but he is out on a pitch and will be waiting for Samir again.

If Keegan really believes that was a good tackle then someone is going to have their leg snapped in half this season, much like Eduardo. It was very close to a similar outcome.

Anzac

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Anzac said:

The champions barely created a chance against them last week. Not to mention everyone was saying beforehand how we will have to be bang on it against Newcastle or we will struggle, then suddenly when we win we revert back to the old line 'well its only Newcastle'.

In my opinion Newcastle will be in and around 5th place this season. They look a good team to me.

They may be somewhere there abouts in the mix, but Villa & Pompey look solid on the pitch & squad, ManCity & Spuds will improve, Rovers & Everton are possibly vulnerable but will still contest, let alone if the likes of Sunderland & Boro improve.

Don't get me wrong it was a good performance by us to come back after Fulham, but there are still areas that need a lot of work. NUFC are a better team with more talent than Fulham - if we hadn't lifted we'd have dropped points easily.

We always seem to create chances against anyone - we played both ManU & CFC off the park for most of the games last season but our errors still cost us. If we'd managed to put that performance to Villa or Pompey I'd be more impressed.

Rocafella

Established Member

invisibleman18 said:
ricky1985 said:
Biggus said:

If Keegan really believes that was a good tackle then someone is going to have their leg snapped in half this season, much like Eduardo. It was very close to a similar outcome.

Hopefully the FA throw the book at him over the Dabo incident and give him a nice long ban.

General

Established Member

Jinn said:

Not only was he drinking in the stands, he was standing as well. Something our robotic stewards seem to be taking issue with at the moment. Like someone said one rule for some, another for .....
Didn't stay long enough to see the Joey incident. Had to sprint to the station to avoid the usual chaos. Nice to see the crowd getting behind Ade.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Im just glad that Mike Ashley didnt join in the other Geordie faithful in going topless.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom