• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL - Arsenal vs Sunderland. 20th May 2015, 19.45 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonade

Established Member
No, the best counter attacking pattern I saw we did involves Giroud, he received the ball in center circle, turn and pass it to Theo.
We had a chance to recreate that in the final minute of this game, but Giroud chose the safer option and made a back pass.

This pretty much down to the manager tactics, Wenger refused to play 2 speedy wingers instead opting for extra CM in Ramsey.
And this is where our current injury situation bites us....Ox out, Welbeck out, Gnabry out, Walcott seemingly not fit enough for a full go. In some regard Wenger's hands are tied because our speed isn't available. Hope Theo's good to go for the final and maybe we'll see some change of pace in our attack.

Triniboy

People seem to have a selective memory on Rosicky. His usual good form on spring for last 2-3 seasons, did not happen this year, because we have better options. So people seem to think if he was playing regularly we'd be better.

Rosicky had some stinkers as well this season.
Soton home for League Cup and Anderlecht home was dreadful.
It did not happen this year, becausse he has barely played. Lmao

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And this is where our current injury situation bites us....Ox out, Welbeck out, Gnabry out, Walcott seemingly not fit enough for a full go. In some regard Wenger's hands are tied because our speed isn't available. Hope Theo's good to go for the final and maybe we'll see some change of pace in our attack.
We'll see.... As always I'd rather be pessimistic and already prepare for another round of 5 CM/AM in midfield and static build up while Theo is sitting nicely on the bench

cannonade

Established Member
Maybe Theo will get a start on Sunday, play for a half or 70' in preparation for the final. Give Cazorla a rest and play Ramsey next to Coq. Maybe throw JW into the middle with Özil out and play Rosicky on the left giving Alexis a break. Might work...

Iceman10

Established Member
Maybe Theo will get a start on Sunday, play for a half or 70' in preparation for the final. Give Cazorla a rest and play Ramsey next to Coq. Maybe throw JW into the middle with Özil out and play Rosicky on the left giving Alexis a break. Might work...
You're perhaps assuming that AW has designs on Theo starting for the FA Cup final, cannonade. I suspect AW will play Theo this weekend but I also suspect he will stick with Özil/Cazorla/Sanchez/Ramsey/Giroud for the FA Cup final (Theo could still make a difference from the bench).

Theo is a good finisher when at his best but his overall game over 90 minutes, inc. defensive contribution is probably part of the equation. It may be that over pre-season if AW wants to keep him efforts will be put in to convert him to a CF.

Last edited:

cannonade

Established Member
Just seen that as well. I guess he wants to keep players sharp ahead of the final, but I'd prefer just giving them a rest.
Just saw that too. What may interject some energy into our attack is playing against a team that wants to play an open game. If WBA does that then it might be fun. If they park it then I can't imagine how that's going to help us if all we do is the same thing that hasn't been working these many games and more. I'd love to see more than one or two changes, but Wenger is Wenger and he knows more about this then I ever will.

VancouverCanuck

The WBA game should be all about preparation for the FA cup final.

Alexis looks like could use a break. I'd definitely rest him and bring in after 60 mins.

Monreal was rested last week. So he should come back into starting XI. Same for Le Coq. I assume both will be starting in the final.

Santi has been off form the last several weeks as well. Don't think Wenger will do this but I want him drop.

So my lineup:

Ospina, Bellerin, Kos, Per, Monreal, Coq, Ramsey, Wilshere, Özil, Giroud, Walcott

And for the final:

Szec, Bellerin, Kos, Per, Monreal, Coq, Ramsey, Özil, Alexis, Giroud, Walcott

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You're perhaps assuming that AW has designs on Theo starting for the FA Cup final, cannonade. I suspect AW will play Theo this weekend but I also suspect he will stick with Özil/Cazorla/Sanchez/Ramsey/Giroud for the FA Cup final (Theo could still make a difference from the bench).

Theo is a good finisher when at his best but his overall game over 90 minutes, inc. defensive contribution is probably part of the equation. It may be that over pre-season if AW wants to keep him efforts will be put in to convert him to a CF.

Iceman, if what you say is true then I wonder what our chances with Draxler will be in the future.

Iceman10

Established Member
Iceman, if what you say is true then I wonder what our chances with Draxler will be in the future.
I could be out of touch with whatever rumours there are regarding Draxler. For Theo the problem is that he could be falling into a Poldi trap where he is in between a WF/SS and a CF, not excelling at either; for a WF/SS the problem being work rate and take ons, among other things. I hope that is not the case and he can transition to a CF, although we know what the potential obstacles are with that in terms of body strength, aerial, etc. Have to admit I haven't been tracking Draxler's progress recently, I know at his best he can be pretty dynamic.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I could be out of touch with whatever rumours there are regarding Draxler. For Theo the problem is that he could be falling into a Poldi trap where he is in between a WF/SS and a CF, not excelling at either; for a WF/SS the problem being work rate and take ons, among other things. I hope that is not the case and he can transition to a CF, although we know what the potential obstacles are with that in terms of body strength, aerial, etc. Have to admit I haven't been tracking Draxler's progress recently, I know at his best he can be pretty dynamic.
Not much to document, he's been injured most of the season. Won't see him anywhere near where he was previously until next season IMO. Needs a good pre-season and a full season of fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom