• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Bromwich Albion | 15/04/06

johnk9uk

bluenaz said:
manalicream said:
cimg09424wq.jpg

Where's Jens? lol

Next to the left hand goalpost, he was going nuts and screaming at the North bank after our second goal!

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Gurgen said:
RvP had a bad game? He lost the ball on his own how many times exactly? I counted one.
He also played in Diaby and Gilberto with brilliant passes.

He didn't have a bad game. Henry had a bad game, Reyes had a bad game. RvP and Hleb did nothing wrong.
I second that. Furthermore Robin would have scored if Henry would have done what he wants others to do: pass the ball if somebody else is in a better position. He apologised for not passing, which was good.

Got to say I'm not convinced by his (new) boots.

famous no 10

Established Member
Manwhore said:
famous no 10 said:
Manwhore said:
Lord Dula said:
Tottenham will get spanked on Monday.

They are just a plucky team not worthy of the Champions League.

What and you are, losing 11 times this season? :roll:

....and reaching the semi finals of the Cl while you were being beaten by grimsby.

Don't forget Leicester as well :eek:ops:

In all seriousness though, those 2 results have helped us.

It means we've only played 40 games all season, so our players stay fresh and can concentrate on finishing 4th in the league, While you guys get a fixture pile up and have to constantly rotate your squad to try and stay fresh.

Fair play.

By the way, that's a modern day record isn't it? Shortest season ever? :wink:

yoinkster

well-ety i havent been here since february apparently :eek:ops:
a lot has changed on the forums so ill try to catch up quickly ...
anyway, todays game.
oh deary me, henry made heskey look good at times. reyes is getting more and more indifferent each game. rvp looked out of sorts but had no strike partner to work with. henry clearly doesnt like JAR and hes not professional enough to ignore that during the game. hleb is looking fantabulous, congrats to Le God again. gilberto read the play awesomely and looked back to his best.
my only other comment to make is that arsenal should be ashamed of themselves, it was meant to be Sir Dennis Bergkamp Day and they wanted to make the stadium orange so they were handing out free orange tshirts ... but it looked like they had only printed like 5000, it was an absolute joke, made our efforts to salute Sir Dennis look like a shambles.

awesome goal though, who says he's had a bad season for us ? hasnt put a foot wrong all season ;)

goonerlove

Regarding all this Tottenham v. Arsenal and who will finish 4th?

We each have 4 games with Tottenham up by 4 points.

They have to play 2, 6, and 7 in the league as well as us.

We have to play 10, 13, and 20 in the league as well as them.

We should by all accounts get 7 or 9 points without trouble aside from our game with them.

They may struggle to get 4 or 5. I could easily see them winning one, drawing one, and losing one. If they get 4 or 5 points, we need all 9 points and a draw with them. If they get more than 5 points somehow, we have to beat them and get 6 points out of the other games. If we only get 7 points out of the other three, we probably have to beat them as well.

It really comes down to our match with them and their match with ManU. If they lose or draw as we expect, it's game on. If they somehow win that match, we are just about out of it unless we get 3 points against them.

The reality is that they have to play ManU, Bolton, West Ham, and us.... that is a MUCH tougher road than ours.

I'd say the odds are about 51/49 to them atm. If they lose to ManU, the odds go to 60/40 us - if they draw I'd say the odds stay about the same.

Goonerlove

DannyDyer

regele said:
Hmm, interesting, I didn't see the game because it wasn't transmitted, but I thought we had a better game than we had apparently, since it was one of the few times this season when we won, after they had drawn level.

It's definentley going to be a game I'll remember though, because my net was down aswell, so I had to turn to good old teletex for "live coverage"; when I saw the 1-1 there I did just about what any fan would do(except for Dyer, who would probably get his Wenger vodoo doll out and start stinging it): grabbed the closest thing to myself (in my case the remote control convineantley placed in my hand) and started banging my head with it hoping to faint away from this cruel world; when I realised it wasn't working, I opened my eyes and the score changed into 2-1 while I was looking at it, so I started hugging the TV( I don't know how many would do that, but well...). Just to top that out, I "caught" the last goal in the same manner and further more, due to a teletext glitch, I had 5 minutes of absolute joy, because it wrote that the spuds had been equaled.

Dennis scoring also pleasently surprised me about this game, can't wait to see the replay of the game.

you need to get out more

invisibleman18

Established Member
Didn't get to see the game as it wasn't on here.
Great to see that Bergkamp scored what is probably 1 last goal, and on Bergkamp day at that.

For weeks everyone has been saying "Sp*rs will lose games, they will drop the points." I'm still waiting for it to start happening and it doesn't look like happening IMO.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watched the full match and the performance worries me somehow. Senderos and Eboue both made mistakes and Toure looked a bit tired in the last 15 mins. Fortunately Eboue got away with his careless challenge on Davies. I cound't understanf some of Reyes' decisions neither. Was he trying to play like Cesc? :shock:

Before I was optimisitc on Arsène would play 442 at home in the next CL game. But after watching our defenders' and Robin's performance, I am not sure 442 is the right formation against Villareal.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom