• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 07/05/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
final game before the champions league final. i defintaly think we should try to use the same eleven that will start the match in paris. i was pleasantly surprised to see reyes play up front today and due to the two goals, i don't think it's impossible that we'll see reyes and henry up front against wigan. van persie is still at least a few games away from full match fitness and if ade is still out, that leave only reyes. :)

so maybe:
lehmann
eboue-toure-sol-cole
hleb-cesc-gilberto-freddie/pires
reyes-henry

jester

Established Member
well i hate to bring him up because he gets mentioned all the time, but wenger said walcott would get some playing time this year, and it wouldnt surprise me if he's the last sub at highbury.

i expect henry off after 60minutes to a huge huge huge appaluse for all he's done at highbury, and bergy to come on and get the last ever goal at the famous old stadium

Canuck

Established Member
Have to agree that the starting XI should be our CL Final lineup. The only one I'm really worried about is Eboue who's come close to hurting himself a couple times and the last thing we need is for him to pick up a pull or strain.
Today was a very good case for Wenger to mull over. Even if Ade is fit he should be benched since he will not be in contention for a spot in Paris. Henry-Reyes up front would be just fine with me.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i think rvp needs to start upfront with henry. he needs to get some kind of form so that hes not just taking up a seat on the sub's bench for no reason.

MUTERI

I think we will win it, and hopefully West Ham to beat or hold Tottenham.

2-0 to Arsenal and 0-0 at Upton Park, it will be really a dramatic end of the premership season.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Would be disappointed to see Adebayor or van Persie starting alongside Henry against Wigan. Wigan are very old in the centre of defence (if De Zeeuw and Henchoz are playing) and I think we really need to hit them hard with speed. van Persie did this well at the JJB Stadium, but his form isn't very inspiring.

We should really win this match, but in the end, it all depends on West Ham. I haven't wanted them to win a match more in my life.

My projected line-up: (No holding back this match)

------------------------------Jens Lehmann

--Emmanuel Eboue---Kolo Toure---Sol Campbell---Ashley Cole

--Alexander Hleb---Cesc Fabregas---Gilberto---Freddie Ljungberg

-----------------Jose Antonio Reyes---Thierry Henry

jester

Established Member
GaMeFaNaTiC said:
i heard this is going to be shown on sky, can anyone confirm??

they said man u v charlton and arsenal v wigan sky sports 1 and 2, so i guess ours is on 2, and i olny have sky sports 1 and 3. grrr

joetsang

kel varnsen said:
final game before the champions league final. i defintaly think we should try to use the same eleven that will start the match in paris. i was pleasantly surprised to see reyes play up front today and due to the two goals, i don't think it's impossible that we'll see reyes and henry up front against wigan. van persie is still at least a few games away from full match fitness and if ade is still out, that leave only reyes. :)

so maybe:
lehmann
eboue-toure-sol-cole
reyes-henry

agree with you. this is a line-up which can shift between 442 and 451 (against barca).

DJ BIG E

dont think van persie is gonna play a part in the final tbh as much as i would like him to its not gonna happen. reyes will be deployed in a 451 for paris. so whatever happens sunday in our forward line will not bare any resemblence of what will we see on the 17th. for this game would bet good money we will see theo and bergkamp for the last 10 mins, but what if the scores tight and the spuds result means we have to be a bit cautious, then we may not see both of them im afraid!

Legend#1

Established Member
kel varnsen said:

so maybe:
lehmann
eboue-toure-sol-cole
reyes-henry

Would love that line-up.

Emile Heskey's Bitch

Let's roll, my lineup 8)

---------------------------Lehmann

------------------------Eboue -- Cole--------------

----------------------Hleb----Fabregas----------------

Ljungberg---Adebayor---RVP---Walcott---Henry---Reyes

Arsenal1989

jester said:
GaMeFaNaTiC said:
i heard this is going to be shown on sky, can anyone confirm??

they said man u v charlton and arsenal v wigan sky sports 1 and 2, so i guess ours is on 2, and i olny have sky sports 1 and 3. grrr

its changed now its, West ham vs Spuds then Arsenal vs Wigan on sky sports.

rich300

Gunner4Eva said:
Would be disappointed to see Adebayor or van Persie starting alongside Henry against Wigan. Wigan are very old in the centre of defence (if De Zeeuw and Henchoz are playing) and I think we really need to hit them hard with speed. van Persie did this well at the JJB Stadium, but his form isn't very inspiring.

We should really win this match, but in the end, it all depends on West Ham. I haven't wanted them to win a match more in my life.

My projected line-up: (No holding back this match)

------------------------------Jens Lehmann

--Emmanuel Eboue---Kolo Toure---Sol Campbell---Ashley Cole

--Alexander Hleb---Cesc Fabregas---Gilberto---Freddie Ljungberg

-----------------Jose Antonio Reyes---Thierry Henry

Yes that would also be the team I would pick, but for the final in Paris, when we switch back to 4-5-1, I would rather see Pires start instead of Reyes.

KingReyes

Established Member
:worthy

highbury.jpg
:worthy

I'm choking up just thinking about the last game. Never forgotten.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Maxx said:
Let's roll, my lineup 8)

---------------------------Lehmann

------------------------Eboue -- Cole--------------

----------------------Hleb----Fabregas----------------

Ljungberg---Adebayor---RVP---Walcott---Henry---Reyes

grass is not good for your health mate

f4evo

i say Arsenal are drawing Wigan 0-0 until the 89th minute and West Ham are losing 1-0 until the 89th and then both Arsenal and West Ham score in the 90th minute, can your hearts take that drama?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
f4evo said:
i say Arsenal are drawing Wigan 0-0 until the 89th minute and West Ham are losing 1-0 until the 89th and then both Arsenal and West Ham score in the 90th minute, can your hearts take that drama?

how bout 4-0 to both us and west ham in the 1st half...

we can switch off the telly and go to them scums and laugh our a$$es off mate :lol:

or for those who are within distance, why not gathering in front of upton park and give them a good mooning once they're out :twisted: :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom