• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 18/01/04

Mark

Established Member
let's do what we did in our double winning season and go on a long winning streak. we may have to to make up for all these silly draws we have. freddie is right and i hope the rest of the players realise this.

JazzG

Established Member
Manchester utd have lost to Wolves (somebody pinch me)

This means we have to win tomarrow, simply no other option. We have take advantage of their slip up and go back to the top. Man utd have now lost 4 times this season, apart from the chelsea game and our game I can't see them dropping many more points.

A

Anonymous

Huge game now, considering the result today.
In a way the pressure has been taken right of of us now. It seemed odds on that the mancs would be 4 points ahead of us now meaning we had to win. That is no longer the case. We do still have to win, but in the event of a defeat it would not be a disaster as it may have been if the mancs would have won.

O'leary will have them really up for this game, but we have our first choice team out and so there really is no excuse for not winning this. We will create chances, we just have to take them, whislt keeping concentration for the full 90 minutes at the back.

A

Anonymous

united lost to wolves. its a must win for the Arse.

at least get a point!

thegame24

Established Member
we gottA play against that **** sorenson, hes so good against us and frustrates the strikers.

however he will still let in 3 so arsenal 3-1 or 3-0

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
In a way the pressure has been taken right of of us now. It seemed odds on that the mancs would be 4 points ahead of us now meaning we had to win. That is no longer the case. We do still have to win, but in the event of a defeat it would not be a disaster as it may have been if the mancs would have won.

O'leary will have them really up for this game, but we have our first choice team out and so there really is no excuse for not winning this. We will create chances, we just have to take them, whislt keeping concentration for the full 90 minutes at the back.

I think it might add more pressure because you won't see man utd lose many games from now on, so if they do you have to take advantage.

siddharth

0-2 to Arsenal.

Pires and Kolo the scorers.

Kolo because he scored that own goal last season against them n it rrly hurt our title challenge.He wud b desperate to even things out.

Pires for the golden boot ;D

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
Sol said:

I think it might add more pressure because you won't see man utd lose many games from now on, so if they do you have to take advantage.

You could look at it that way aswell, i just feel the threat of going 4 points behind no longer an option removes some pressure.

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
JazzG said:
Sol said:

You could look at it that way aswell, i just feel the threat of going 4 points behind no longer an option removes some pressure.

Yeah I see what your saying. If we had been 4 points behind than we simply had to win, being 1 point behind we can afford to draw the match as well.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
If we had been 4 points behind than we simply had to win, being 1 point behind we can afford to draw the match as well.

please dont talk like that. not many will be able to take another draw. we need three points, irrespective of man utd's result.

Adam

Established Member
It's early for it to be a telling slip-up, but this game against Villa is a good oppurtunity to show that we can lead from the front.

Will we draw? It will make us joint top - but whether we settle for it will tell us something about how ruthless we are.

If there is any complacency shown by the team tomorrow; i think alot of us will be dissapointed as this is a time where desire peaks to give you momentum for the title.

I'll be positive and predict a hungry and professional performance.

Will going ahead in the title race have an effect?

Some believe it's better to chase the title untill winning it late on as it eradicates complacency (every game becomes all or nothing as it is out of your hands).

We'll swap positions with United a few times yet, but with Arsenal - it's always best to have the pressure on in any situation.

JazzG

Established Member
hehe. Villa aren't a poor team though, I don't think beating them will be as easy as some might think. They gave us real problems at Highbury when they defended really well, if they play in a similar way it is gonna be damn hard to win. However if we are on song we should be able to beat them.

I expect us to win but I won't be shocked if we draw.

Adam

Established Member
Beating them in 01/02 was one of the harder games post Christmas. Seamans penalty save was so very crucial.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom