• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/09/08

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Re: Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal | 13-09-08 15:00 GMT

This is the reason why we can be champs. look at our whole peformence.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Good win, much better than I expected.

Our defense was woeful in the first half though. Blackburn looked like scoring nearly every time they got close to our area. If our defensive problems persist, we will definitely suffer the consequences, and big time, in future games.

Good game from Walcott and van Persie.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

It's really funny to see pre game and post game posts.
We should really have separate threads and then play the game of connecting those 2 threads, which two are from same game.
BTW with crosses being IMO our biggest problem ATM. Do You also have a feeling our defenders don't look at the ball but the opponent players?

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

sesquioxide said:
dutchMasta said:
There were some shaky moments, either beating the offside trap (Ade) or defending, but we dominated them so badly, definitely deserved.

I think we deserved the win. But we definitely did not deserve the clean sheet. I will stand by the comment I made before Adebayor's first that it really was a miracle we didn't concede.
Completely agree with this statement. If Ade hadn't scored that second goal for us, which completely demoralize Blackburn, it could have been a completely different game. We where lucky to come out of the first half with out conceding.

dutchMasta

sesquioxide said:
dutchMasta said:
There were some shaky moments, either beating the offside trap (Ade) or defending, but we dominated them so badly, definitely deserved.

I think we deserved the win. But we definitely did not deserve the clean sheet. I will stand by the comment I made before Adebayor's first that it really was a miracle we didn't concede.
Yeah, that's true, but once we started going we created quite a few good chances. Think the 4 goal gap was deserved.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Superb away result. Ewood park was never the greatest place for us, but I must say Paul Ince is absolutely clueless.

Didn't expect such a good performance, but Theo really impressed me with all his running. My mate, a manc supporter sitting beside me still reeling from pool's defeat, was super impressed and said he has matured alot.

qs

Established Member

See all the B'burn fans looking for Theos autograph at the end :lol:

Kain

Established Member

Robinhio scores freekick 20 yards out

City 1 Chelsea 0 after 12 mins

qs

Established Member

Carvallho equalises minutes later.

Robinho looking great already

kym7224

Good away win, still not 100% convinced with our defence, but 0-4 at Blackburn is nothing to complain.

hujja

Established Member

kym7224 said:
Good away win, still not 100% convinced with our defence, but 0-4 at Blackburn is nothing to complain.

Agreed.

Overall, it was a good game for us. A real confidence booster.

Our defense still worries me immensely. Opposition with better finishing would have punished us dearly on any other day.

Jameel46

Established Member

Denilson has now played well in all 3 of our consecutive wins, wonder if people will stop doubting him. (but I know they won't until MOTD do a piece on him)

banduan

Established Member

Denilson has done well but not in the way we expected him to.

dutchMasta

Because he hasn't really been tested yet, nor have our team to be honest. We've played against "easy" opposition so far. Blackburn aren't what they used to be, Newcastle were and still are in a rut, West Brom and Twente both are very average teams.

I think we've got what it takes for sure to break down world-class opposition, but I'm not sure we'll be able to handle their attacks. The partnership at the back just never looks properly solid.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

I thought that Denilson was one of the main reasons why we where so exposed in the back in the first half.

Jameel46

Established Member

banduan said:

no one expected him to do well this season, he has grown into the role and looks the part but some people will still say Song is the man to partner fabregas for no real reason.

Jameel46

Established Member

arsenalfc0719 said:
I thought that Denilson was one of the main reasons why we where so exposed in the back in the first half.

you also gave Ade a 7 today..........

dutchMasta

Jameel46 said:
banduan said:

no one expected him to do well this season, he has grown into the role and looks the part but some people will still say Song is the man to partner fabregas for no real reason.
Man, it's WAY to early to start saying the "I told you so"s about Denilson. This is knee jerk. He hasn't proved much over the past games. He's done this in Carling Cup games against better opposition as well. Can he be consistent? We don't know. Can he step it up against the big boys? We don't know. Until then, it's pretty pointless to go on about him meeting expectations or not.

General

Established Member

hujja said:
kym7224 said:
Overall, it was a good game for us. A real confidence booster.

Our defense still worries me immensely. Opposition with better finishing would have punished us dearly on any other day.

Certainly. We took our chances today but defensively we were far from stable. We are so damn susceptible to the aerial balls it's untrue. Happy with the win but once again our clean sheet was largely down to luck.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom