• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 25/02/06

MUTERI

Rohit said:
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger: "I'm very sad because I don't think we deserved to lose this game.
"For maybe five or six minutes in the first half we suffered a little bit, but overall we were always on top of the game but we couldn't score.

"We lacked a little bit mental sharpness maybe because of Tuesday night but overall we gave absolutely everything physically until the last second of the game."

source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/4726966.stm

This is the problem, that he thinks there is no problem.

IBL

Established Member
havent seen any of the match, not sure if I will later, needless to say it sounds like we were pretty gutless all over the pitch. I think maybe Wenger needs to try Djourou alongside Kolo, Senderos has proved cumbersome and error-prone this season whereas Djourou has been steady and solid as well as a little quicker.

As someone else said, this season has become a damage limitation season now. We show no signs on putting on a late surge and we're quickly running out of games. The only thing we have left to play for is Champions League and lets face it even if we do get to the next round the chances of us progressing further are extremely slim.

It's time for Wenger to make some strong decisions and make some changes, give some of the underperforming players a kick up the backside. Henry needs to be stripped of the captaincy, I dont care if that helps to make him make up his mind to leave, if he's going to perform like he's been doing of late domestically he's offering nothing. Captaincy has hindered him rather than make him take more responsibility. Jens or Kolo should be made captain, they play every game at the same high level, their commitment never comes under question. Henry is a free spirit, we have to accept that he won't turn up for every game, thats why he shouldnt be the man wearing the armband. The senior players bar Lehman have been piss-poor this season.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
choi12911 said:
Too much pessimism here. We'll win easily. We have Diaby who can take physical players out of the pitch. We also have Abedayor who is capable of winning most of the headers. We have Toure Eboue back and even Cole may play. RVP might be back too. I think we'll field a very strong line-up and I can't see us losing to Blackburn at all after such a fine performance against Real.

I'm going to hold you on that mate. :wink:

well well well.... :wink:

kanooo

Gunnergregharrison said:
shaz said:
like i said in the other thread, gentlemen, welcome to the uefa cup.

If we dont improve we can forget about that aswell. We are abismal.

Nope.

Like I've posted somewhere before, it's more likely to be Intertoto Cup.

KingReyes

Established Member
kanooo said:
Gunnergregharrison said:
shaz said:

Nope.

Actually I was reading this morning that Wenger rejected the invite to the intertoto cup.

siddharth

gunnertilldeath said:
gilberto actually looked surprised to be subbed. the oaf

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is the only positive thing about this game.Atleast gilberto will understand now that he has been playing well below average.

James

Established Member
It would appear to me after today's game that the Champions League is our only target for this season. 4th place seems well and truely out of the question. I think Wenger is placing all his faith in the players to win it, and could perhaps explain our shocking domestic away form. How we can go from '1-0 in the Bernabeu' to such a **** performance is beyond me.

The players heads dropped after the goal. Before that, we were the better side, playing the better football and looked firmly in control.

Henry was yet again abysmal, though im certain that's been mentioned. Didn't beat his man once, didn't move out wide, didn't run with the ball and lost it every time he received it. Left all his dirty work down to Adebayor again. Senderos was yet again done by pace and strength for their goal. He can't handle it.

Our best player was only on the field for 25 minutes. Hleb was fantastic when he came on. Whether that was because everyone else was so bad, i dont know, but it was the best performance from him i'd seen. Although i was wrong in the end, I was certain at the time that a goal was going to come through him, as he was creating alot of openings and we began to get round the back of the full backs for the first time in the game.

As for Uriah Rennie...useless ****. A clearcut penalty turned down, and only 2 minutes of time added on after some of the worst time wasting i've ever seen. Not only from the Blackburn players, but from their 8 year old fans kicking the ball back into the crowd every time it went into the far stand.

Although it hadn't sold out, our lot were quite vocal today.

MC Gunner

Lyrical_Gooner said:
I can still see us doing s**t in the Premiership.

In the CL we're allowed to play football.

In the prem we get the s**t kicked out of us

Come on, did you expect Blackburn to give us gifts and presents?
We have just got a team of pussies
You can tell me about the future but the future aint gonna come if the present isn't there

MC Gunner

KingReyes said:
kanooo said:
Gunnergregharrison said:
shaz said:

Nope.

Actually I was reading this morning that Wenger rejected the invite to the intertoto cup.

Sh*t, what are we gonna do with this new stadium of ours?

Sammer

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
sabret00the said:
Rohit said:
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger: "I'm very sad because I don't think we deserved to lose this game.
"For maybe five or six minutes in the first half we suffered a little bit, but overall we were always on top of the game but we couldn't score.

"We lacked a little bit mental sharpness maybe because of Tuesday night but overall we gave absolutely everything physically until the last second of the game."

source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/4726966.stm

incredulous !!!
:lol: quoted for truth though.
I suppose you'd prefer "My players suck. My captain is a lazy bastard who forgets that a once great player had the patience to take him under his wings and make him a better player. I have no once else who can score except my uninterested captain. The board sucks, the FA sucks, and our team can get fouled 23 times, and that teams refuse to play against us. I hate this f****g country, i hate the f****g fans. I need more money, bla bla bla..."

Idiotic managers who are "honest", and forget the public nature of their jobs or that their players are mostly teenagers go to clubs like Newcastle, Inter, Aston Villa-- perpetually underacheiving clubs-- and fail. I'm highly confident what wenger says to the media is not necessarily what he believes; he deals with his players in private, as he should.

Your best post in a while, Shadow :wink:

On a serious note, you are spot on. Wenger, being in a pool full of media-sharks, is doing the best thing he can. Defend his team, even if they play like sh*te.

The dressing room is a different story for sure....

RockyRocastle

Established Member
From the sublime to the ridiculous today. Nothing was more certain than we would lose.

In the boozer before the game everyone was telling their stories about Madrid, no talk of this game. Got to about five to three and we were like ****ing hell, we've got a game to go to!

I think the players were the same, they were still in Madrid.

We were very poor today I thought, first half especially. Dont think we created a chance.

Second half there was a slight improvement, Adebayor should have burried his chance, and why Pires squared the ball from six yards out I dont know. SHOOT!

I thought Hleb was magic when he came on - should have started. Cesc on the right just does not work.

I think I have finally come to a conclusion on Sendeors and that he is not up to it. It is mistake after mistake and it cant go on.

Henry was a disgrace yet again. Any pass that is not exactly where he wants it he gives them the look and stands there with his hands on his hips. If he spent less time mincing around upfront and more looking interested we would do much better.

And as for urinal ****ing rennie, what a total ****ing lemon. This guy just does not have a clue. When Tugay was subbed he walked the length the pitch, milking the applause from the chavs that seemed to make up the Blackburn crowd whilst Rennie lets him get away with it. I nearly had a heart attack shouting at the stupid ****. And then he only adds on two minutes!

Reyes(9)

Yeah me too this F*ing c**t i went MAD,it was a clear F*ing penalty !! it was crystal clear !! DaMN i hate this ref ..and specially this kind of refs that can change his mind by the home team fans !! F**K

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Whats up with all the bad OFFSIDE calls against us this season?????? There was like 2 or 3 clear chances that were NOT offside for adebayor. This has been going on ALL season!!!!! I know they will be called here and there but if I counted the times we got cheated off because of this there would be SO MANY!!!!

I agree with Senderos not being good enough. He is only good to come off the bench but a starting role is not there for him. Id rather have freakin CYGAN on thier. Either he needs to SMARTEN up and gain speed or just quit. Cause he gets beat with SPEED. And he makes mistakes worst than Titus Bramble.

Yea I thought Fabregas got touched in the box. He did go down quite easily but ANY FOUL in the box is a pen. But we shouldnt rely on ONE bad call to win the game. The fact is Blackburn scored and put 10 men behind thier half for the entire 2nd half.

DC Gunner

Established Member
The Blackburn Goal is senderos fault, he has been erratic frequently in the last few months. In multiple occasions during this match he was pushed around by Bellamy.

If half the team showed the fire Jens showed, we might have been in a different position this year.

The midfield did not pick up play 'til Cesc was moved inside after Hleb came in for Diaby, maybe Cesc should not be played on the outside. He does not look comfortable there, it is affecting his and the team's play.

marco

How the **** was there only 2 minutes stoppage time.
on 2 separate occasions in the second half blackburn fans kicked the ball back into the crowd.
let alone 6 subs!

rennie is a ******.
best still though was when he got in the way of fabregas thus not letting fabregas get the ball and bellamy runs down the other end and nearly scores.

As for henry, **** me the papers seem to think he was the best player in madrid which i dont think he was at all.

Why doesnt he beat a man,
he can say what he wants about a new contract but at the end of the day his body language is ****ing appalling and his work rate is zero.

Think wenger reckons we can win champs league and is putting all his eggs in that basket.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom