• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 25/11/06

Alfonso

Established Member
Fat Sam's post match comments(quite interesting)-

"Arsenal have tried to match us physically recently and failed," said Allardyce. "They broke Ivan Campo's foot last year with a diabolical tackle. And as usual there were a few tackles flying in because our lads were pumped up. Some of them were fouls, some of them were good tackles. But Arsenal always get irate when you upset them and that's why other teams have copied what we do. You know that Arsenal will lose their cool and composure and when they do that, you know you've got a chance."

"I don't have to make my players aware of what Arsène Wenger says about us, because he makes disparaging comments about us all the time. But I think it's about time he ate some humble pie, because Arsenal haven't beaten us in the league at the Reebok since 2002." Allardyce fed his players an encouraging statistic before the game. "I told them that Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie contribute 56 per cent of Arsenal's goals. Because those two weren't playing they weren't as clinical as they normally are." Chelsea are the next visitors to Bolton on Wednesday and boss Allardyce added: "I just hope Jose Mourinho is moaning as much as Wenger was after this result."

Tony Montana

Established Member
Nemesis said:
One of these days we are gonna do that f****g team of his and humilliate that bung taking piece of s**t.

W should have done it a couple of days ago mate. He's right to a certain extent anyway.

Nemesis

We were without several key players and our squad is still very young and inexperienced. They still lack the killer edge. Despite that we completely outplayed them. And I know that that isnt good enough, but its a huge improvement from last season when they totally dominated us. This team will only get better.

Gurgen

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Im sure Rosicky is going to be one of our most important players this season.

Gurgen and Sabre will eat some humble pie.

You might not believe this, but I really hope so.

Nothing would please me more than Rosicky banging in 15 goals this season. I just don't think it will happen.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nemesis said:
One of these days we are gonna do that f****g team of his and humilliate that bung taking piece of s**t.

Relax , every dog has it's day. Remember Chelsea used to be our *****es. It all evens out.

AFCFan4Ever

Gurgen said:
Did I just read in this thread that Rosicky's footballing brain is on the same level as Pires? :lol:

So what if you did...it's not like it isn't true.

They're both brilliant footballers and have a keen sense of the game...Pires was more of a clever, goalscoring midfielder while Rosicky is a more complete player.

You're not giving Rosicky nowhere near the credit he deserves.

Why is it so hard to appreciate both and see that they each bring different things to the side?

This whole "Rosicky vs. Pires" nonsense is a waste. :roll:

Alfonso

Established Member
From football 365:
"Arsenal have hit the woodwork at the Reebok Stadium six times in the past eleven months".

I think you hit the woodwork you should get two goals - it's a lot harder to do than putting the ball in the net, unless your Arsenal of course.

jester

Established Member
lol, novel idea. We've hit the woodwork many times this season, twice against newcastle comes to mind, but the fact of the matter is woodwork = miss. near miss, but a miss all the same.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
talking about this, we have been very very unlucky. wind and all could have been key factors. i remembered cesc hit the post too vs hamburg. we are the best team at hitting posts

awooga83

Established Member
Hitting the woodwork that many times isn't unlucky its poor finishing or often shooting from long range where its more likely you are going to hit the extremities of the goal.

siddharth

awooga83 said:
Hitting the woodwork that many times isn't unlucky its poor finishing or often shooting from long range where its more likely you are going to hit the extremities of the goal.

Agree. I find it hard to understand this hitting the woodwork and being unfortunate. Proven scorers getting into scoring positions and hitting the woodwork can be said unlucky not for players like adebayor and cesc who are not natural finishers.

This is without taking into context the positions from where they have a go at the goal. Cesc's long range shot even if had gone in would have been a rare fluke. Adebayor's shot on the goal had no intent and freddie i reckon misheaded the ball.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom