• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 25/11/06

sabret00the

Established Member
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
might forget the result, but we won't forget our inadequacies.

When Henry puts on a show against Sp**s next Sat(trust me he saw Ronnie's goal last night) Fat Sam and his army of c**nts will be a distant memory.
Why are you advocating fickleness?

No, but im suggesting the Sp**s game is a bigger game than the Bolton one.
no, you're suggesting that we forget our problems every time we win a game until the next time we lose.

No, i know that we have problems. But what is the best way to overcome these problems? A win against your biggest rivals is a start.
No, January 1st is a start.

Tony Montana

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:

When Henry puts on a show against Sp**s next Sat(trust me he saw Ronnie's goal last night) Fat Sam and his army of c**nts will be a distant memory.

no, you're suggesting that we forget our problems every time we win a game until the next time we lose.

No, i know that we have problems. But what is the best way to overcome these problems? A win against your biggest rivals is a start.
So every time we have problems we shoul just buy new players? Are we becoming Newcastle in disguise?

Alfonso

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:

Meaning? Didnt Arsène suggest we wouldnt be signing anyone of any signifcance in Jan, or was he doing his best George Bush impression again?

Alfonso

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:

So every time we have problems we shoul just buy new players? Are we becoming Newcastle in disguise?

Well last season we got Ade and Diaby in Jan when we really needed two players of that kind, and that saved our season in the end(i,e getting into the CL).

I think it is advisable to sign someone in Jan, but not for the sake of it.

sabret00the

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:

:lol: i really hope you're not suggesting that our problems are only superficial and that we're not lacking at least three vital players from our squad, two of which should and could slip straight into the first team.

jgunner84

I agree with Sabre.We do have some problems and we desperately need the right kind of players.A winger for example.

Also a proper left back may be nice.But if Clichy improves that may not be necessary.

But how do you solve the lack of leadership in the team? That cannot be solved by buying players.That will have to improve as the season goes on,I guess.

stiiphunn

Established Member
If keep playing this 451 formation, we'll need a left midfielder, that's for sure. RvP isn't playing well there, Walcott isn't ready, and Ljunberg is past it.

But to be honest, that's it really. We're fine in other positions.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
If keep playing this 451 formation, we'll need a left midfielder, that's for sure. RvP isn't playing well there, Walcott isn't ready, and Ljunberg is past it.

Why cant we just swap Hleb with Van Persie?

AFCFan4Ever

stiiphunn said:

Why do we need a left midfielder? Have you forgotten about Rosicky?

If anything, we need another class striker...someone who can actually put chances away.

sabret00the

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
stiiphunn said:

If anything, we need another class striker...someone who can actually put chances away.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

as for the latter of your post, van Persie scores in a 4-4-2 and i can't see Wenger dropping Henry for his 4-5-1 so no. we need to change formation so that we're not soley dependant on henry's goals.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
sabret00the said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
stiiphunn said:

as for the latter of your post, van Persie scores in a 4-4-2 and i can't see Wenger dropping Henry for his 4-5-1 so no. we need to change formation so that we're not soley dependant on henry's goals.

Why laugh? Rosicky has pace, crisp passing , close control and shooting ability,movement and link up play. Theres no doubt he can play there and do well.

sabret00the

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
sabret00the said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
stiiphunn said:

Why laugh? Rosicky has pace, crisp passing , close control and shooting ability,movement and link up play. Theres no doubt he can play there and do well.
:lol: if you say so. i'm not even going to go into this debate again.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
-------Lehman----

-Eboue--Kolo--Send--Gallas

--Hleb-----Fabregas--Gils--Rosicky

-----------Van Persie-----Henry--

Would not mind seeing Robin on the right but if you ask me this team is as good as any team in the league.

AFCFan4Ever

sabret00the said:
>YounGunner< said:
sabret00the said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
stiiphunn said:

No one needs to say so, it's shown so far this season.

Before his injury, Rosicky was one of our best and most consistent players...it's not a coincedence that once he went down with his injury, the offense has looked completely stagnant. He offered our side a lot of things and we're missing those right now.

Please tell me you don't think he belongs in our side???

If so... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's more laugh worthy.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
sabret00the said:
>YounGunner< said:
sabret00the said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
stiiphunn said:

What makes you think he cant play there? He has all the attributes to do well on the wing. Its a joke how you find it funny. Not to add hes a hardworker and will help out the full back alot.

kel varnsen

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Please tell me you don't think he belongs in our side???

because when we signed rosicky, it pretty much put an end to the ribery rumours. sabre has a ridiculous man crush on ribery, ergo he will never admit that rosicky is a world class footballer...

Alfonso

Established Member
Sabre is too stubborn to change his views about Rosicky, so there is no point in having a debate. Sabre would even prefer if Rosicky has a shocker, only to cement his view.

But it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that since Rosicky has been injured we have struggled. He is a vital part of our team. And he has a had a better start to his Arsenal career than Robert Pires had, and we all know how much Pires improved as that season progressed.

Tony Montana

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

-Eboue--Kolo--Send--Gallas

--Hleb-----Fabregas--Gils--Rosicky

-----------Van Persie-----Henry--

Would not mind seeing Robin on the right but if you ask me this team is as good as any team in the league.

On paper mate, in theory and at first glance but when push comes to shove quite literally on the pitch...

kanooo

Alfonso said:
This result will be forgotten if we can get 6 points out of our next two games.

Obviously, the Fulham game seems to be the easier one.

But Sp**s are on form at the moment and it won't be easy. The fact that we're playing at "home" doesn't make it an advantage as we've been experiencing so far, this season.

patrick42uk

Established Member
foget the age factor for a second

In the tunnel, if youare a bolton player you look to your right at the arsenal team. theres nothing there to frighten you cos for all the talent you look at thier physique and you know you have an advantage. these days we are so small as a team its untrue. this is the most physical league and we are trying to win it with kids or men in kid's bodies like rosicky and hleb.

i'm not saying that this is why we lost, but you have to consider that winning the league is about details. its these little details, the size of the team, the age of the team, the lack of aerial ability of the team. theres too many and they cost us too often.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom