• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 25/11/06

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

-Eboue--Kolo--Send--Gallas

--Hleb-----Fabregas--Gils--Rosicky

-----------Van Persie-----Henry--

Would not mind seeing Robin on the right but if you ask me this team is as good as any team in the league.

On paper mate, in theory and at first glance but when push comes to shove quite literally on the pitch...

That's how most people approach things here.

'Rosicky is a world class footballer (which he isn't but let's leave that aside for a moment) so he can replace Pires.'

Unfortunately in the real world it doesn't work like that.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

Would not mind seeing Robin on the right but if you ask me this team is as good as any team in the league.

On paper mate, in theory and at first glance but when push comes to shove quite literally on the pitch...

'Rosicky is a world class footballer (which he isn't but let's leave that aside for a moment) so he can replace Pires.'

QFT

BannedKwame

The game is over, let's move on.

We were missing RvP, Henry, Rosicky, and Gallas...away at Bolton. I expected a loss, so I'm not exactly sure why so many are ****ing whinging.

The team's injuries before the game would be comparable to Manure missing Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, and Vidic before a game away at Bolton, or Chelsea missing Essien, Shevchenko, Drogba, and Calvarhlo before a game away at Bolton---> likely result is a loss.

The expectations sometimes placed on this team are unreasonable.

qs

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

Thats certainly our best 11 in their best positions but the main problem there is Gallas wont play left back full time. when gallas wont play there full time it means clichy plays and because Clichy isnt really that good it means you dont get the width that you lose by playing Thomas. So attacking you've no width on the left and Clichys exposed.

We need a left back or we need gallas to start playing for the team as a full back full time.

qs

Established Member
BannedKwame said:

We were missing RvP, Henry, Rosicky, and Gallas...away at Bolton. I expected a loss, so I'm not exactly sure why so many are f****g whinging.

The team's injuries before the game would be comparable to Manure missing Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, and Vidic before a game away at Bolton, or Chelsea missing Essien, Shevchenko, Drogba, and Calvarhlo before a game away at Bolton---> likely result is a loss.

Fair point.

Alfonso

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

Anelka replaced Wright.Pires replaced Overmars. Henry replaced Anelka. Gallas replaced Campbell. Rosicky HAS replaced Pires.

People go on about Pires, but last season he was a joke and a half. So automatically Rosicky is an improvement. What Pires did 5 years ago is immaterial.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

To me we had enough quality players to sneak a win against Bolton ,any of the top 10 sides had enough quality to put themselves in a position to win against this particular Bolton team.

What we have to work on is mental strength. It is very easy to upset us and throw us of our game. IMO this is getting worse and everyone knows. It has gotten to the stage where just the hint of rough house puts us off. The answer is not retaliation or everyone surrounding the ref, its about keeping focus. If we do that , we will win inspite of . If teams see this has no effect on us they will soon stop. This is the only way, as believe me everyone is going to try and do the same. It is absolute common knowledge. They are even gloating about it.

Setting out his blueprint for beating Arsenal, Allardyce said: "They always get irate when you upset them. That's why other teams have copied what we do. You know they'll lose their cool and composure. When they do that, you've got a chance."

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
BannedKwame said:

We were missing RvP, Henry, Rosicky, and Gallas...away at Bolton. I expected a loss, so I'm not exactly sure why so many are f****g whinging.

Very valid point. I was looking at the age of our team yesterday and the very fact we expected them to just win easily is beyond me. These are kids man..the talent is there, the potential is there, even the spirit is there.but this sh* take time. Just look around you at all the top teams. Look at the balance of age. I think there is not TOP team in Europe with such a young age of starters.

Men will never be intimidated by boys..regardless of the talent of those boys. One very postitive thing is the team is really moving forward. The dispay confirms that.

Nutsy

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Wenger concedes title race is over for Arsenal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779

I find this rather unusual considering Arsène has never in the past given up the race so soon. Perhaps this is an attempt to try a new tactic and relieve the pressure on the team.

it kills me to even read the article let alone knowing that this is a fact, we're too far behind the leaders now, and after their (chavs & Manure)draw last night was a bit of a breakthrough, last time i checked, we were ahead of Liverpool by a few miles of points but now it's only one point difference, God, that kills me. hope we could atleast fight for 3rd place, or 4th for that matter, atleast qualify for the ChampsLeague next season. sorely missed our 4 key players, playing without them at thier top form is impossible to win esp at Reebok stadium, it's 5 years now.

i am terrified.

Gurgen

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

Anelka replaced Wright.Pires replaced Overmars. Henry replaced Anelka. Gallas replaced Campbell. Rosicky HAS replaced Pires.

People go on about Pires, but last season he was a joke and a half. So automatically Rosicky is an improvement. What Pires did 5 years ago is immaterial.

That's why last season we finished fourth :lol:

You don't really think I'm talking about replacing last years Pires do you?

Besides, that joke scored 7 Premiership goals last season, 2 more than Rosicky has ever scored in a league season. Who's the joke now?

qs

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

Besides, that joke scored 7 Premiership goals last season, 2 more than Rosicky has ever scored in a league season. Who's the joke now?

Goals alone is not a measure of a midfielder or a wingers worth.

Calling Bobby a joke is unacceptable though. Bit of respect for a legend.

This time of Bobbys first season he'd impressed no one and wasn't close to being as good as Rosickys been for us so far. Hleb was still looking dodgy this time last year too. Players take time to settle and adapt. Lets give a Thomas a chance before we start writing him off. And theres plenty of players who have under perfromed before coming to arsenal, whos to say Rosicky isnt another?

Nemesis

Iirc Rosicky is FAR more prolific for the Czech national team, suggesting that he can be a prolific goalscorer for us. Its possible that he wasnt prolific enough for dortmund as he was used wrongly, or perhaps his teammates were that crap.

Pires himself didnt score too many goals for Marseille when he arrived.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

qs said:
Gurgen said:
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

Calling Bobby a joke is unacceptable though. Bit of respect for a legend.

This time of Bobbys first season he'd impressed no one and wasn't close to being as good as Rosickys been for us so far. Hleb was still looking dodgy this time last year too. Players take time to settle and adapt. Lets give a Thomas a chance before we start writing him off. And theres plenty of players who have under perfromed before coming to arsenal, whos to say Rosicky isnt another?

He is far from underperforming , he has missed chances , but his ability to turn with the ball and run through midfield has been valuable and he tackles better than Flamini in midfield.

qs

Established Member
True enough, he's certainly settled and offer more than the vast majority of foriegn imports do in their first 3 months.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Gurgen's REALLY got a hard-on against Rosicky.

He won't be best pleased to hear that Wenger's recently said Rosicky is a player who gives you the foundartions to build a team on :lol:

marco

qs said:
True enough, he's certainly settled and offer more than the vast majority of foriegn imports do in their first 3 months.

Thats defnitely true, though the top top players settle in straight away..

vieira, fabregas, overmars, anelka bergkamp, sol, freddy...

i think rosicky has settled in very well and we are really missing his creativity at the moment

Alfonso

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
>YounGunner< said:
-------Lehman----

No, we finish fourth because we didnt replace Vieria.

Pires is not a joke, but last season for the majoirty of it he was a joke.Laughing and coming across as not giving a **** when we were loosing to Chelsea springs to mind. Anyway werent some of you calling Freddie **** and this and that against Bolotn? What about the respect for him? He is our longest serving player you know. He is as much of a legend as Bobby, if not more!

I admit, Rosicky is less of a goal scoring threat than Pires was in his prime(which winger isnt?), but Rosicky is as effective as Pires but in different areas. For example,Rosicky can never be accused of being lazy, and that is something that was synomous with Pires, especially in his last season.Rosicky has a better enginge. Their footballing brains are pretty much at a even level as well imo. Rosicky arguably has better leadership qualities though.

Im sure Rosicky is going to be one of our most important players this season.

Gurgen and Sabre will eat some humble pie.

the dawn raids

Established Member
qs said:
Gurgen said:

problem is, arsenal depends on those goals from midfield so so much. if bobby doesnt score that goal at the lane last year are we even thinking about Porto next week? gurgens point is, crap for large spells or not, Pires still popped up in the box and scored when we needed him to, and right now rosicky isnt doing that, and i agree with him totally.

if what rosicky adds is something two players already offer at higher levels in our starting 11; lets just say if he cant provide the finishing touches, hes not offering us what we depend on.

Alfonso said:
This result will be forgotten if we can get 6 points out of our next two games.

really? not to say injuries didnt put us at a severe disadvantage, that and wengers team selection; even with those against us we still couldve won. but i think were still going to carry this stupid mental block against this team we really should be beating until we can show up and actually beat them.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom