• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Saturday June 20th | KO: 15:00 | BT Sports

Result?

• Brighton Win

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Easiest year ever to make CL but we won’t.

Brighton 2-0 Arsenal, from 2 corners I think.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I am also predicting a #ArsenalAlways tweet from Mes, after he is left out for tactical reasons again and more rumours emerge of the club wanting to get his wages off the books before next season starts...it’s gonna be a fun day!
Btw totally off topic but I just saw the 2 pen’s the ref gave United yesterday (1 overturned) honestly we would never ever get those even with VAR. So so soft and ref so eager to give them. Pricks.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Leno
Bellerin Mustafi Tierney Saka
AMN Willock
Pepe Özil Aubameyang
Nketiah
This is what I'd go for, looks it's about time we just went all out and played close to our best available team. Even if there are some issues, with what we've got available to us it's best just to pick our best players. Obviously I think some will disagree over the midfield, first and foremost I don't want to have to watch Guendouzi ever again. I'd like to see AMN-Willock tried tho simply because of their physical attributes in terms of mobility, but extremely technically gifted and it's not be tried in quite a long time. I can understand why Arteta would go for Ceballos tho.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leno
Bellerin Mustafi Tierney Saka
AMN Willock
Pepe Özil Aubameyang
Nketiah
This is what I'd go for, looks it's about time we just went all out and played close to our best available team. Even if there are some issues, with what we've got available to us it's best just to pick our best players. Obviously I think some will disagree over the midfield, first and foremost I don't want to have to watch Guendouzi ever again. I'd like to see AMN-Willock tried tho simply because of their physical attributes in terms of mobility, but extremely technically gifted and it's not be tried in quite a long time. I can understand why Arteta would go for Ceballos tho.

Like the midfield, reminds me of the days of Song-Diaby in the middle, fun times to watch us.

How come Niles and Willock NEVER get a chance to play in central midfield in proper games?

Think Joe has always played as a 10 for us, while you have to go back to THREE managers ago to 2018, the last time Niles got a game there.

Xhaka, Lucas and Dani have all had periods of inconsistent form, why couldn’t one of the youngsters got a run in the team when they were off form?

Guendouzi has over 5,000 appearances for us at this point, he’s treated like he is prime Cesc or something...even if he had a run of terrible games, he still gets chance after chance!

Is it because they are academy graduates that are getting taken for granted?

Last edited:

Top Quality

Saka - Auba - Pepe
Ceballos - Guendouzi - Willock
Tierney - Holding - Mustafi - Bellerin
Leno

We have no good midfield options, haha! I think we have some decent young talent, but I can't believe what we have to choose from right now.

I would like to see this forward line, but wouldn't be too unhappy with something like Auba - Laca - Pepe/Nelson either which I think is what we'll see.

I see some people have put Tierney in at centre half, but I think that's a bit unfair on the kid. (Maybe just a way of forcing Saka into the team?) Finally back from a long injury, looking pretty sharp, and then right back into a new position (in our number one disaster zone). Think we should let him get used to playing on our left side.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not a Xhaka fan, but he is the only midfielder at the club who gives us structure in a double pivot. If he isn't available, there is literally no point in playing a 2 man midfield unless you play AMN in there.

However, I can't see Arteta picking him. A double pivot of Guendouzi and Ceballos is such a bad midfield. It's a very average midfield that will struggle to deal with every midfield in the league. It will be disconnected from our forward line again.

No recognised double pivot and no number 10 should mean a shift to a 4 3 3 . I am not saying it solves all our problems, but it just doesn't make sense to play a system built around a deep lying playmaker and a number 10 when we have neither. You can't just put Willock in as a 10 and think he will find space like Özil.

I'd love to back the manager to the hill but I will genuinely question his suitability for the job if he doesn't at least show some form of change.

Auba----------Nketiah-------Nelson

--------------------Willock

----------Guendouzi---Ceballos

Tierney---Holding---Mustafi---Bellerin

----------------------Leno

I mean if he goes with something like that, you can't be surprised by a bad result. I find it really odd how two new managers have come in and just lent into the defence. They identify us conceding goals as the problem. Both Emery and Arteta have overloaded the left side, put their trust in Xhaka and Özil, dropped Pepe. Both have put incomprehensible amounts of trust in one young player. Emery with Guendouzi, Arteta with Nketiah.

Football cannot come down to fashioning two perfect chances and scoring one. At some point its about fashioning 20 shots and scoring one. At some point you need to have Pepe, Auba, Martinelli, Lacazette, Saka all on the pitch and think how do I get each of these guys having 2 shots each in one game. Not how do I stop Brighton from scoring. Teams don't fear us when they should. We have players who can frighten the opposition. Auba alone should prevent team from playing a high line.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Like the midfield, reminds me of the days of Song-Diaby in the middle, fun times to watch us.

How come Niles and Willock NEVER get a chance to play in central midfield in proper games?

Think Joe has always played as a 10 for us, while you have to go back to THREE managers ago to 2018, the last time Niles got a game there.

Xhaka, Lucas and Dani have all had periods of inconsistent form, why couldn’t one of the youngsters got a run in the team when they were off form?

Guendouzi has over 5,000 appearances for us at this point, he’s treated like he is prime Cesc or something...even if he had a run of terrible games, he still gets chance after chance!

I don’t want to say is it because they’re black, as I don’t want to believe that would make a difference at my football club (especially with the history we have of great black players) so is it because they are academy graduates that are getting taken for granted?

I think the race thing might be a stretch in all honesty. I think there's just a lack of trust there maybe? Perhaps it is the academy thing. Tho then again Arteta has no problem playing Nketiah and he's even trusted Saka at LB which is not an easy position to learn for a youngster who's more natural at attacking.

I'm so so bored of seeing the same old midfielders tho. Guendouzi I'm sorry but I'm close to losing all hope for, maybe he'll prove me wrong with time as he's still young but currently I just don't want to see him. The other options are incredibly one dimensional. Like we all know the problems with each of them individually. I think the common theme tho is their problems in terms of mobility first and foremost while there are other issues which differ.

I'd like to see Willock and AMN just being given a chance there together, what have we got to lose at their stage?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This game is vital, we lose this, even draw I don't think we have a chance of making Europe next year, if we draw we may still have a slight chance but it will depend on other results of the top 10 I'd say. I'd probably go...

Leno
Bellerin Mustafi Holding Tierney
Ceballos Willock/Guendouzi
Pepe Özil Saka
Auba.

9jagooner

Btw totally off topic but I just saw the 2 pen’s the ref gave United yesterday (1 overturned) honestly we would never ever get those even with VAR. So so soft and ref so eager to give them. Pricks.
It's one of the things I'm grateful for VAR for. Imagine we had VAR in past years, we would have gone > 49 games unbeaten and half of Drogba goals against Arsenal would have been chalked off for offside

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

United have had so many pens this season. I think it’s pretty obvious the PL want them in the top four.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Is it because they are academy graduates that are getting taken for granted?

I’m with you brother.

I’m perplexed on Nketiah over Martinelli upfront though. I like Eddie but the latter was playing like a young Anelka as a striker in cup games but looks bang average as a winger.

Despite all that he’s our 2nd top scorer at the age of 19 in his debut season.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yes, AMN and Willock playing together deeper in midfield is what I want to see, too.

Both with physical attributes and adept at transitioning play and carrying the ball.

But we all know the useless, weak Guendouzi will start alongside Ceballos.

I will go nuts if we see a total disconnect between midfield and attack again today.

Don't do it to yourself, Mikel.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yes, AMN and Willock playing together deeper in midfield is what I want to see, too.

Both with physical attributes and adept at transitioning play and carrying the ball.

But we all know the useless, weak Guendouzi will start alongside Ceballos.

I will go nuts if we see a total disconnect between midfield and attack again today.

Don't do it to yourself, Mikel.

Don't even want Niles or Willock to have like 15 games in midfield and no matter how badly they perform, they are still selected over and over again...like how it is for some of our other players, just sayin'...

Just want them to have like 3 or 4 games to build up some momentum and see how they perform...if they are crap after a few games, drop them then, but I want them to get a chance...I just want us to try something different.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Good morning AM.
5CUh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom