• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Cardiff vs Arsenal | September 2nd | KO: 1:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel_Gunner

Cardiff....

Maybe we finally can see Leno and Torreira in action.
I expect Emery to show us another episode of Sideshow Bob.

we should be able to win this even with players like Jenkinson in squad.
Would be good challenge for Holdini.

Welbz in front for sure.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Auba Laca Ramsey
Mkhi
Douzy Torreira
Nacho Sokaratis Mustafi Bellerin
Leno​

I'd like to see how that works.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm not expecting this to be easy. Our away league record, a team that likes the rough and tumble and a team that has yet to score a goal but still drew twice. They'll sit back and Be highly aggressive.

I'd like to see Lichtsteiner start because to me he will enjoy that type of environment.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The West ham performance didn’t exactly fill me with confidence and it seems like you can’t trust Emery on his team selection.
I think we’ll lose points unfortunately.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm not expecting this to be easy. Our away league record, a team that likes the rough and tumble and a team that has yet to score a goal but still drew twice. They'll sit back and Be highly aggressive.

I'd like to see Lichtsteiner start because to me he will enjoy that type of environment.
I think it will depend on how smart we are. We need the more technically gifted players to frustrate them throughout the match so as to break. Of course there will also be a balance between breaking them down early enough to score and the game dragging on long enough to give them confidence in which to grab points.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The West ham performance didn’t exactly fill me with confidence and it seems like you can’t trust Emery on his team selection.

How can you say you can't trust Emery on his team selection, as if there exists a perfect team selection that Emery is mistakenly not choosing? None of us know our best team or formation, this is all new to us and it's new to Emery.

As for stuff like not starting Torreira or Leno or Lacazette yet, there are many things going on behind the scenes which we just don't know about. Maybe Torreira & Leno are just taking time to settle, maybe he's just figuring out what he can do with Lacazette and Aubameyang.

We're learning on the job here.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Hes still finding his best 11 to not trust him at this stage is crazy!

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Hes still finding his best 11 to not trust him at this stage is crazy!

He is winning the players' trust too. It can be awkward to drop some without first trying them as starters. He's been ruthless with subs and the message is clear as daylight. I have a feeling he very well knows what he's doing.

MikeVinna

Established Member
In terms of selection it seems like no one is assured of their place in the starting IX. And while I think that’s a good thing for the players it does make it difficult for us to know what to expect from the team.

I hope Özil is back because we can use his creativity. We still need to get our strikers going this season. 3 games in and no Auba goal and that has to be bugging him.

Cech

Bellerin Mustafi Sokratis Monreal

Torreira Xhaka

Mkhitaryan Özil Iwobi

Aubameyang
Leno, Holding, Lichtsteiner, Elneny, Guendoozy, Ramsey, Lacazette.

That’s what I’d like to see, but it could and probably will be different in a couple of places.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I can't decide whether I'd like to see:

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Sokratis - Monreal
Torreira - Guendozi
Nelson - Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang
Lacazette
or:
Cech
Torreira - Guendozi
Nelson - Mkhitaryan - Iwobi
Aubameyang
First game I'll be able to watch the full 90 minutes though, so I'm excited about that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I can't decide whether I'd like to see:

Cech
Torreira - Guendozi
Nelson - Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang
Lacazette
or:
Cech
Torreira - Guendozi
Nelson - Mkhitaryan - Iwobi
Aubameyang
First game I'll be able to watch the full 90 minutes though, so I'm excited about that.
Wile i love the idea I think this scrappy affair will be tough enough without throwing three inexperienced players in the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom