• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Cardiff vs Arsenal | September 2nd | KO: 1:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FEH

I hope Emery fields an improved team. Been disappointed with his team selections thus far tbh. The below looks a far more robust unit than what we have seen this season. Two ****s in the back four and a rottweiler in midfield. Exactly what we need.

Lichsteiner Mustafi Sokratis Monreal
Torreira​

ksarp

Don't really care who plays too much other then no Bellerin. He needs to be punished for his defending.

Two ways to look at it.
1) Emre's been working with him 1-1 reviewing tape, so he gives him another chance to adjust to his tutelage by playing him in this game and observing him.
2) Emre could dump him for Lichty which could be a blow to his fragile ego.

I vote for the first scenario. We know who we have in Litchy, so let' s see if Bellerin and Özil can be integrated into this new OS...for now.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Dropping Bellerin will reduce our attack. Do people think Lichsteiner would get forward like Bellerin and get back every time? The recent speed test suggests he will have no chance. We need to give the defence extra cover by playing Torreira in a middle 3. We don't have the quality of CB's to leave them exposed like we do on a regular basis. Dropping Bellerin is not the answer. That's my view anyway!

TorontoGooner76

I think Bellerin will keep his place. He has accounted for a lot of our goals and chances in these first few games and I feel this game is very important to Emery, especially with the break coming up. I have a feeling that Emery wants him that high up the pitch, because I also noticed that on the other side it was Monreal that was pressing high towards the touch line with the Iwobi tucked in more instead of pressing the man on the ball. I feel some of this is purely Emery's tactics, which if it works makes some sense. But without support for the CB's when it goes wrong it can leave us exposed.

I think Emery is still working with the midfielders positioning in these scenarios and they haven't been getting it right just yet. It is a process and I think once everyone is drilled enough on what they should be doing then it will work quite well.

This could have been posted in the tactics thread I suppose, so sorry for the tangent.

But Bellerin to start for me with a bit more cover one way or another will do fine. Lichtsteiner will get his chance soon, as the fixtures begin to pile up after the break.

Wryer

I would keep Bellerin in the line up to provide the width, and go for a narrow front 3 and compact midfield.

----------- Auba -------
-------- Özil - Laca -----
Douz - Torreira - Ramey

I think Laca has very good technique and underrated creativity, and should work well playing slightly behind Auba.

As for the midfield, there is plenty of movement and energy to provide some width. Cardiff is going to start the game trying to physically intimidate us. There's no other game that Warnock can come up with.

Xhaka, Mhki and Welbeck to come on and change things if we need to .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Warnock on Arsenal and Arsène:
“Arsenal is very special to me.

“The first game I remember going to with my Dad was at Highbury with the big clock there.”

“When I went there with Sheffield United, it was my 1000th game, I was stood in the centre circle and I said to Arsène “Look how far the dugouts are apart, you won’t hear me today” and he looks both ways and says “Neil, you’ll find a way.”

“He invited me to his room. I used to say ‘you’ll get a bad reputation Arsène, if anyone finds out! He brought my children in and everything, he insisted that they come in. Superb.”

“I couldn’t have taken what Arsène did in the last few years. It’s not in my nature but he did that and he’s left a really good club. It will be interesting over the next few years to see if they can get more success than Arsène brought.

“They’ve had their wish now, everybody who campaigned to get him out.”

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Dropping Bellerin will reduce our attack. Do people think Lichsteiner would get forward like Bellerin and get back every time? The recent speed test suggests he will have no chance. We need to give the defence extra cover by playing Torreira in a middle 3. We don't have the quality of CB's to leave them exposed like we do on a regular basis. Dropping Bellerin is not the answer. That's my view anyway!
I dont think Emery has an itention to play a 3 man midfield if his preferred formation he has gained success from is 4231, I might be wrong.

The silver lining anyway is that even if we stick to a 2 man midfield, Torreira playing on that right hand side of the midfield pairing can help bring stability and cover to our right flank. Also, I dont think Emery has found the right balance of how much his full backs go forward, right now Bellerin is taking it totally overboard without sufficient cover and its silly at times. I'm sure we will smooth that over in the coming weeks

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I was very confident all week but not so much today. I was thinking what on earth gives me the right to be so complacent? We were lucky to beat West Ham at home last week, and West Ham are a mess. How come all of a sudden we're gonna go to Cardiff - a prickly away trip - and breeze it?

I mean if we lose i'm gonna want some explanations for why we spent all week playing head tennis.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Aaron then Theo going down in a month completely f*cked us that year. I still believe we’d have won the league with them fit.
Bollocks that geez. The state of our DMs that year is what ****ed us up. Arteta and Flamini were shambolic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom