• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Charlton vs Arsenal | 30/09/06

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Porto game was good, but we should look straught ahead and don't look back: Charlton away!

This one we should win withouth much trouble. After Boro game I said we need to win at least 6 in a row and everybody loughed at me because that included ManU away and lot of away games after CL. But after CL we are on very high morale and we will be also on Saturday. Gallas' and Djourou's injuries worry me but I hope they are not really nothing special or longlasting.

My guess 0-2 Thierry and Cesc on scoresheet!!
I also hope that Rvp and Freddie perform excellent!
Go Arsenal!!!

Asterix

Established Member
So who will play in defence? If Djourou recovers then he slots straight in and Hoyte plays on the left.

If not, who partners Toure? Song? Probably I guess, although Connolly might be an option.

Jaden

the possible back 4 :

...................Lehmann

Eboue.....Toure.....Djourou.....Hoyte

possible sub for defense:

connolly, song and Flamini(?).........and how about R.gary?

R.V.P_11

do you think v.persie will start on saturday ?

i hope so because if not imagine how depressed he is gonna feel

i hope to god he scores

JMT

if he doesnt who will it be?
no gallas..eboue looks not at 100% Djourou loks injured.... hoyte is terrible? HMM........

oOTruGunNaOo

R.V.P_11 said:
do you think v.persie will start on saturday ?

i hope so because if not imagine how depressed he is gonna feel

i hope to god he scores

Ya i wanted him to score so badly, or else he'll start to feel like it just isnt working out for him, we shoulkd win this easily anyhow so i hope wenger just starts him

Jaden

It seems to me AW rest Ade to partner with Henry in the next game........but I hope Robin can play, he need more games and 1st goal for the season

Wenger14

Established Member
Jaden said:
the possible back 4 :

...................Lehmann

Eboue.....Toure.....Djourou.....Hoyte

possible sub for defense:

connolly, song and Flamini(?).........and how about R.gary?

We'll most likely see a bench of Flamini, Baptista, Ljungberg, Ade/RVP.

Gutted about Gallas, although it could prove to be a good thing. After Charlton it's a break for internationals isn't it? And our next games Watford Away on the 14th. Hopefully it's not too serious and he'll be back by then with a rest.

Seabass

I think this is as close to an ideal fixture as we could hope for, at this point in the season. Not that any game is ever a guaranteed win, but realistically, this should help to extend our winning streak, which is absolutely vital right now. I'm expecting Henry to do what he does best in this game, and I'd like to see a few goals from him. Of course, I'd also like to see Van Persie pot a few, but that's looking less likely each game. Let's just hope he turns it around and proves me wrong!

Lukazan

Established Member
Should be a stroll in the park really, but I'm pretty sure it won't be although I predict a win.

Assuming Gallas isn't fit and Djourou is back, the back four pretty much picks itself.

Midfield should be the same as tonight's in the CL against Porto, except RVP, who should be upfront with Henry in a 4-4-2. Pretty sure after his terrible miss tonight RVP's tush is set for pine riding this Saturday, which is a shame because I thought he looked rather lively, despite the missed opportunity. Also, I still stand by the theory he needs one goal to raise his confidence and probably set his season off. But yush, Adebayor in is inevitable.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just when our defense are about to pick up, now the team are hit with Gallas' injury. Now I start to worry about Charlton game.

ultimus

like i said before, everytime persie starts.. he would play badly. the only time he doesn't play badly, when he's being subtituted in. because there is'nt enough time for him to show how bad he is.. before the final whistle is blown.

RC8

Established Member
I am confident we will do well against Charlton, but I am worried about our defence. If Djorou is fit then there will be no problem, as he is capable of covering his position very well. However, Hoyte still has to convince me about his capabilities at left back, and I'm not sure he will add much going forward, as he might, nervous about making any more mistakes that could cost us points, stay behind midfield trying to cover his position.

In the attack I'm expecting Ade to start alongside Henry, as he was given a rest in midweek against Porto. Ade is perfect for away games, and Charlton's style suits him perfectly, as they man mark you, something Ade tends not to have problem dealing with judging from his ability to shield the ball. Ade scored last year against them at Highbury, and I believe he is capable of replicating, or even improving the performance he had that afternoon.

I'm expecting more playing time from Baptista, as Fabregas has featured in many games lately, and fatigue is starting to show. If I was Wenger I would start Baptista, and then substitute him at half time if things aren't going our way... just like he did when we played Tottenham at home last season.

My money is on 0-2 to the Arsenal.

C'mon Gooners

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom