• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Charlton vs Arsenal | 30/09/06

stiiphunn

Established Member
I don't know where to post it so I'll just do it here.

Arsène was on french television to celebrate his ten years, and it was really moving.. We got to see so many things, and Arsène was all smiling and laughing, making jokes.

We saw arsenal training ground, Arsène's office, the gym, and everything seems to be quite nice there. I heard about it, but never saw it , so I was quite impressed.
Then he talked a little bit about Van Persie who has matured according to Arsène. He said that he could take Berkgamp's spot, even thought right now he scores more than he gives assits. But he's young said Arsène, so he's got time to do both.
Finally , at the very end, Henry, Petit, Garde, Houiller and David Dein thank him for everything.
Henry thanked him for eveything, and said that it wasn't over.
Petit said that he's influenced him a lot, as a human being.
Dein said that he was basically the best.
And so on...

Anyway, usually Arsène doesn't show his emotions, he's a very secret man, but you could see that he was deeply moved..

Great Great person. Lucky to have him as our manager.

PS: OOOppps just saw that there was a thread concerning this subject, so I'll just post it there.

Nutsy

Established Member
Although we've lost about 8 points to Boro,Villa & City, we can still make it up for the next games, i mean, Man Ure & Chavscums had some pretty bad games as well, we can definitely catch up to them. we're still in The title race! ;)

Nutsy

Established Member
Besides, we've played about 6 games with 11 points, if we had played the 7th match, and win, we're only about 2 points away from the Chavscums & Man Ure. If that ain't enough for a chance for the Title race, i don't know hat is. Previously, we've been criticised by 8 points behind Pompey and so on, now we're cathing up mates ;)

morpho

Established Member
And then off course we take 3 points of scums when they come to london in january and I realy believe we can take 6 points of chelski. This is our season!

shaz

****! i hate international break! i have to wait too weeks for the arse to play again. WTH!?

Nutsy

Established Member
Yeah, 2 whole weeks Damn it, i'm all for the Euro 2008 & what not, but does it HAVE to interfere with the premiership games! ayy! :eek:

wowwow.

MUTERI said:
Gooner83 said:
phil15 said:
Thought the defence was shaky today, especially Toure who looked uncharacteristically eratic, could he possibly be suffering the effects of fasting? it's Ramadan now for muslims.

hes a professional footballer i doubt the club would allow him not to take adequate fuel or he wouldn't be on the pitch.

No way, he is certainly fasting.

well, you would be surprised but there are 3 muslim Arsenal players were playing yesterday while fasting.

yeh and four japs!!!

wowwow.

MUTERI said:
tactica442 said:
I don't believe that. I heard that strictly in Ramadan no water allowed in daytime. Can anyone imagine a profession footballer playing a 90-min competitive games without any intake of fluid thoughout the whole daytime?

I'm muslim, it's not as difficult as people think, I play football for more than 90 minutes :) while fasting and no problem at all.

if you look out of your window, quick-you will see a couple of pigs waiting for clearance to land.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
phil15 said:
>YounGunner< said:
Shahram said:
mate, im from iran and although im not religious, i have fasted before and i can tell you that there is absolutely no way that you can play 90 mins of premiership quality competitive football and keep your fast afterwards.

Thats because you dont fast regularly. If you fast regularly for the whole year then it becomes very easy even if you play strenuous sports.

Toure does not fast in games anyway he makes it up after Ramadan but there are footballers who play while fasting like Sissoko or Ribery.

You only fast for a month. Playing a high-octane EPL match while fasting would be physically draining as you wouldn't be able to boost your system before the game in order to maintain an optimal performance.

My mistake i meant month.

RC8

Established Member
I was watching the whole press conference after the game. The Charlton manager gave a Charlton shirt with 'Wenger 10' at the back, to Arsène, celebrating his 10 years. The shirt was signed by the whole Charlton squad, and both managers were very polite to each other.

I thought it was a very nice gesture from Charlton, and I'm sending them an email thanking them for honouring Wenger and our club in such way. The truth is most managers will have good relations with Arsène, as he is a gentleman. Only the biggest egocentrical idiots have trouble with him (Jol, Jose, Sam, Fergie).

Anyway, since it has not been mentioned, I thought I would share it with you all.

IBL

Established Member
It was a very nice gesture from Dowie and Charlton, nice of them to acknowledge what Wenger has given the English game. If anything he deserves a knighthood

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I saw that last night on the Premiership recap, and although I didn't like Dowie (he looks more of a boxing rather than a football coach), that was a great honor and a sign of respect for all the contribution Wenger has made to English Football scene.

The same act could've been done by Funguson on the last manure match but that "sonovabitch" refuses to accept that AW is a class above him...

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom