• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Charlton vs Arsenal | 30/09/06

gunner321

last season we beat prague, sunderland, wigan, fc thun, blackburn and reading in a row, 3 prem games, 2 cl and 1 carling cup, in november, best run of form, before bolton came along beat us 2-0 and it went to hell.

dont think we went 4 prem wins in a row last time out, reading is a chance to do that.

Druid

let's hope man utd would flop against newcastle today. man utd used to be strong at home, but hopefully WE have destroyed their belief. i'm praying for a draw!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Druid said:
let's hope man utd would flop against newcastle today. man utd used to be strong at home, but hopefully WE have destroyed their belief. i'm praying for a draw!
A draw would be good, I just hope don't bounce back. :(

jester

Established Member
jester said:
If you ignore the fact that rvp should have been sent off, pushing this board into masses off 'rvp is sh*t' and all the rest, he had a good game.
We really should have scored more, but so should have charlton. Great technique for both goals

oh and he jumped the advertising board and celebrated with the fans - which is a yellow card - and he was already on one, so rvp was lucky twice.

go49oner

Established Member
jester said:
jester said:
If you ignore the fact that rvp should have been sent off, pushing this board into masses off 'rvp is sh*t' and all the rest, he had a good game.
We really should have scored more, but so should have charlton. Great technique for both goals

oh and he jumped the advertising board and celebrated with the fans - which is a yellow card - and he was already on one, so rvp was lucky twice.

i was surprised the RVP yellow card (which should of been red) wasn't included in Match of the day highlights.

Rahul

jester said:
jester said:

Qft.

I thought he would get a straight red.Thank god he didnt and went on to score the two goals

Rahul

What a weekend!

great performence by arsenal,chelsea dropped points at home pool lost and away from football schumacher won too.

Just hope manyoo drop points as well

JazzG

Established Member
A bit sloppy at the back but overall a good win for us. 2 away wins on the trot for us in the PL which is only a good thing when you look at our away record last season! Charlton possibly should of scored more goals but they didn't and we should of scored more goals as well but again we didn't. Looking at missed chances we should of beaten City but didn't, should of beaten Villa but didn't, should of beaten Boro but didn't etc etc. End of the day they didn't score the chances so it doesn't matter though we shouldn't be that sloppy at the back.

Great goals by RvP as well, he is a confidence player and in recent times his confidence has been very low. So these goals will do him a world of good and important that someone gets our away goals as Henry doesn't seem to do away goals! His 2nd goal was fantastic, my mate is adament he shinned it, how the **** he shinned it that hard I do not know though!

MUTERI

Gooner83 said:
phil15 said:
Thought the defence was shaky today, especially Toure who looked uncharacteristically eratic, could he possibly be suffering the effects of fasting? it's Ramadan now for muslims.

hes a professional footballer i doubt the club would allow him not to take adequate fuel or he wouldn't be on the pitch.

No way, he is certainly fasting.

well, you would be surprised but there are 3 muslim Arsenal players were playing yesterday while fasting.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't believe that. I heard that strictly in Ramadan no water allowed in daytime. Can anyone imagine a profession footballer playing a 90-min competitive games without any intake of fluid thoughout the whole daytime?

MUTERI

gunner321 said:
last season we beat prague, sunderland, wigan, fc thun, blackburn and reading in a row, 3 prem games, 2 cl and 1 carling cup, in november, best run of form, before bolton came along beat us 2-0 and it went to hell.

dont think we went 4 prem wins in a row last time out, reading is a chance to do that.

Actually it's Watford at home, followed by Reading away, then Everton at home and West Ham away, we can make it 7 in a raw, several winnable games are coming ..

MUTERI

tactica442 said:
I don't believe that. I heard that strictly in Ramadan no water allowed in daytime. Can anyone imagine a profession footballer playing a 90-min competitive games without any intake of fluid thoughout the whole daytime?

I'm muslim, it's not as difficult as people think, I play football for more than 90 minutes :) while fasting and no problem at all.

Shahram

mate, im from iran and although im not religious, i have fasted before and i can tell you that there is absolutely no way that you can play 90 mins of premiership quality competitive football and keep your fast afterwards.

baccy_man

Established Member
i have just had a look at the prem table and with todays result taken into account if we win our game in hand we can go to forth place , that is a lot better than what things looked a few weeks ago.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Shahram said:
mate, im from iran and although im not religious, i have fasted before and i can tell you that there is absolutely no way that you can play 90 mins of premiership quality competitive football and keep your fast afterwards.

Thats because you dont fast regularly. If you fast regularly for the whole year then it becomes very easy even if you play strenuous sports.

Toure does not fast in games anyway he makes it up after Ramadan but there are footballers who play while fasting like Sissoko or Ribery.

MUTERI

Shahram said:

Well, that means people are different, Some can do it and some can't, but it isn't an obvious impossibility,very simple. :)

Jameel46

Established Member
Shahram said:

well, i'm sure that prem footballers are fitter than you and can last, it's not really that difficult, just stock up before fasting starts :wink:

phil15

>YounGunner< said:
Shahram said:

Thats because you dont fast regularly. If you fast regularly for the whole year then it becomes very easy even if you play strenuous sports.

Toure does not fast in games anyway he makes it up after Ramadan but there are footballers who play while fasting like Sissoko or Ribery.

You only fast for a month. Playing a high-octane EPL match while fasting would be physically draining as you wouldn't be able to boost your system before the game in order to maintain an optimal performance.

Jameel46

Established Member
well, Toure & Eboue are the only two defenders that haven't been injured, so i don't think that it takes alot out of them

MUTERI

baccy_man said:
i have just had a look at the prem table and with todays result taken into account if we win our game in hand we can go to forth place , that is a lot better than what things looked a few weeks ago.

Yes , despite our poor start, we will be just 2 points behind Chelsea and Man Utd if we can beat Wigan.

But.. I still regret that we dropped points against Villa, Boro and City, they were winnable and we deserved to win them, we should've been in the top of the table. :( !!

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom