• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I get you but when you rebuilding there 2 important things your tactics and results mikel was doing it first 6 months but since start of this season it all gone downhill he need to get result and at least get us winning again for few games.
I think he's been implementing his actual system this season that he wants to carry forward with. I see some similarity between what we see now and last season, but last season was mostly counter attack. This season we're trying to hold onto the ball and attack. I don't think anybody, including him, expected a set back in trying to switch these styles of play. It's just become more obvious to me that we don't have the players we need (and haven't really for a long, long time). It's rough also that Martinelli and Partey, two of our better players who would help us tremendously, have been injured.

nas7232

Wenger may have kept some shocking players however, they all played better under him than arteta. A manager should get the best out of his players. These players aren’t the best but this is a bottom table team.

Legend14

Established Member
Arsène was working with what he had available and we never dropped this low. Both Arsène and Emery didn’t get the targets they wanted but why should Arteta?

He’s shown us nothing so far.
Defense is much better organized. You must have forgot.

Again, put someone else in charge and you’ll be saying the same in 2 months unless we get players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We haven’t scored in 3 months from open play and he’s talking about luck.

I think you'll find we scored on Wednesday from open play, you smelly liar...trust the process, it will all come together soon!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yeah finishing above 15th would be such an achievement for Arsenal football club
If it means legitimately competing for the top 4 next season, then I'll take it. I've accepted our status as a club in the short term for big payoffs in the future.

pikey2000

We haven’t scored in 3 months from open play and he’s talking about luck.

We scored from open play against Southampton, but i get your point, not good enough and you can't keep blaming luck. Didnt watch the game, guessing we tried the same things and expected a different result, definition of madness, maybe Tet's is losing his mind, so much pressure on him right now

Legend14

Established Member
Thing with Özil was... We just lost Sanchez and pretty certain someone smarter than me can look back on these forums when we sold Sanchez and people were going nuts saying we must pay Özil whatever it takes to keep him. We can't lose Özil and Sanchez it would kill this club... etc.

Fan power is a funny thing, if you don't think the banners, the forums, the **** youtube channels and social media in general has an impact then you are blind.

Özil got a crazy contract as we could not be seen to selling our "best 2 players" at the same time.

We got lumbered with a finished Özil.

Same as the people screaming for Auba to get a 350k contract even though he is 31. Can I repeat that, he is 31. He is not Ronaldo, he is not Messi. He was never worth 350k. We should have sold him for 60-70mil and bought someone younger to build the team around.

But the fanbase saw the goals and ignored the basic fact he is past his prime and on the decline.

Yes the board is ****, and yes Arteta is ****, and yes some of the players are ****. But the fans are worse.

If you go on any Arsenal twitter post it reads:

"If we get Szbolozi and Auoar that will fix things"

This is from people who don't play football, or coach it, just people who read twitter and have never seen either play.

We need to change the way we play. The last 5mins of every game is the best we play as we ignore all tactics and just try to score. Funny how we get better when we let the players play...
Letting our best forward go would have been high risk, especially because he was holding up the entire offense.

Artemis

Welbeck, Mustafi... He signed every poster boy of our decline. He unquestionably got this sh!t ball rolling. Others have kept the momentum and failed to stop it, but he had a big hand starting it.
I agree. It's important to tell the truth about this yeah.

That's why I'll always be impressed by Emery's first season with us. 1 point off top 4, and a European final despite the shocking squad Wenger left behind. The squad has gone even worse now.

We lack talent in the central areas. We don't have a single central midfielder who can move into space, pick up the ball with a decent first touch in a tight space, swivel, and charge into the opponent's half and then lay it off or put a through ball in. Someone like Grealish would be an immediate starter for us because he can do this with ease. The last player we had who could play like this was Cazorla. Yes, that's how far back you have to go.

Reason why we at least could get top 4 during the decline period was because we had Koscielny feeding Cazorla feeding Özil who was feeding Sanchez. Now we have people like Xhaka, Pepe, David Luiz, etc. I mean, is this board serious right now?

The whole point of getting rid of Wenger was because he was rapidly losing touch with modern football by continuously signing garbage players along with outdated tactics. The rot has since continued since then. Emery couldn't believe how bad the quality was. He was trying to improve the squad and the board wouldn't let him. They got rid of him instead of giving him the players he asked for.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In fairness to Mikel if you take both starting 11's today who gets in that Everton side from our team?

Leno
Tierney
Saka

Thats it. So should we be expecting as fans to see a win against that Everton team? No. It obviously is bad because its ANOTHER poor result but...

Why

Always Me ?
Letting our best forward go would have been high risk, especially because he was holding up the entire offense.

Indeed, but Saka was also our best for assists last season and our youngest player. Sell a 31yr old at their best, not when they decline. Use the money to go buy someone that can make a difference who is younger.

If you have Saka putting the balls in to someone who "cant create, cant run, needs it to be put on a plate" why not just get someone for 80mil who can maybe create something themself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom