• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arsenal fans don't have realistic expectations right now. And my defense of his sacking doesn't mean I'm defending performances. I want to see better too, but a new manager doesn't change the situation, especially in the long term. We've got a real **** squad on our hands.

Yes they do. They expect the team to be between 6th and 8th. That's realistic.

glitchform

Nah. He's implementing his attacking system. It's clear we've gone from counter attack to possession football if you compare last season to this. It's obvious we don't have the players to achieve that.

Mikel Mourinho prefect on the pitch schoolmaster. Lord save us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Basically a new manager guarantees nothing. Not sure how you do not see this. Nothing is automatic, it could get worse with a new manager. Maybe the new manager doesn’t like Saka, Partey, Martinelli.

It could get worse? I'm willing to gamble on that because I dont see how Arsenal football club gets worse than 15th.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta could be 8th or 9th as well, two red cards killed that and its exacerbated the situation.

I know I ruined you the other day but **** me stop trying so hard to get one up on me. You're like a dog with two dicks.

You didnt ruin anyone. Your tying yourself up in knots. All this could be stuff.

He had 11 men on the pitch tonight and lost. What was the excuse this week?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yes they do. They expect the team to be between 6th and 8th. That's realistic.
Unfortunately it isn't. As I said, I've adjusted my expectations and so should others, especially for the sake of the long term. We'll be lucky to get as high as 6th this season.

AmsterdamGunner

Arteta will have us better than 15th soon enough.

But a new manager doesn't change anything in the long term. We'll just be set back again. We need to stick it out through this ****tiness right now. There are brighter days in the future.

Do you just stick with the manager because we made the choice to sign him or could he maybe have been the wrong choice and should we correct that as soon as possible to maybe make something of our season? What you’re saying is stick with him because we chose him, even though it turns out he’s not so good as we thought?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There may not be a long term. We are 15th so that means no decent player is coming in January.

Which means where are we going to finish. We lose every match. Scrap the odd draw. What is gonna change. Tell me what is going to change that sees Arteta going on a 10 game unbeaten run?

Yes, I rarely agree with you but here I do.

My view on this poster you have responded to, is that he is willing to die for his belief that Arteta is the chosen one.

I think once you realise that, it puts his rationale into clear perspective. Its not about logic and facts anymore for him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Unfortunately it isn't. As I said, I've adjusted my expectations and so should others, especially for the sake of the long term. We'll be lucky to get as high as 6th this season.

But at the start of the season the expectation was 6th-8th with progressive football. That expectation hasnt been met and wont be under Mikel. Hence the fans should now start to accept 12th. The manager should be gone. Simple as.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

My view on this poster you have responded to, is that he is willing to die for his belief that Arteta is the chosen one.

I think once you realise that, it puts his rationale into clear perspective. Its not about logic and facts anymore for him.

I call things as I see them. Sometimes they can be negative. And some people have this optimism that cant see the wood from the trees.

However what I will do is hold my hands up when I'm wrong about something. But others wont. They will stay stubborn until the death.

No half decent sized club in world football would stick with a manager who's performing at Artetas level.

The poster in question will not admit he was wrong on 2 levels. So really it's a waste of time dealing with him.

rupscund

Arsenal fans don't have realistic expectations right now. And my defense of his sacking doesn't mean I'm defending performances. I want to see better too, but a new manager doesn't change the situation, especially in the long term. We've got a real **** squad on our hands.

Yep - and a lot of them are on long contracts and high wages, so it's not as though other clubs are going to come in for them. Plus, we have a poor financial structure and have made some expensive signings over the past couple of years, coupled with continuing paying off managers.

Our fans need to seriously re-evalute their expectations for the next few years.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
There is a long list of reasons stretching over several seasons that made the fan base slowly turn against Özil. I’m sure you’re more than aware of the intricate details.

No, I'm not. I'm aware of fans triggered by the 350K and him taking over Wilshere's number (the gaul!). I'm aware of a frenzy built up towards him fueled by agendas, of which we have had ample evidence here on this very forum. Of that I am aware.

I won't discuss it any further. If you believe fans turned on him because he didn't offer anything on the pitch, that's your lot and you can live with it.

al-Ustaadh

I've always said until the end of the season at least. And I've always said that we haven't seen the bottom of the barrel yet. Don't know how that makes me irrational.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I've always said until the end of the season at least. And I've always said that we haven't seen the bottom of the barrel yet. Don't know how that makes me irrational.

Alright, if this isnt bottom of the barrel, what is?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You didnt ruin anyone. Your tying yourself up in knots. All this could be stuff.

He had 11 men on the pitch tonight and lost. What was the excuse this week?

He had 11 men on the pitch but how many would've got into that Everton team that started tonight? Ask yourself that then ask yourself if 2-1 away from home against Everton was a fair scoreline, go on.

al-Ustaadh

I call things as I see them. Sometimes they can be negative. And some people have this optimism that cant see the wood from the trees.

However what I will do is hold my hands up when I'm wrong about something. But others wont. They will stay stubborn until the death.

No half decent sized club in world football would stick with a manager who's performing at Artetas level.

The poster in question will not admit he was wrong on 2 levels. So really it's a waste of time dealing with him.
LOL

It's whatever. I've always said it's just my opinion. But I stand by the fact that a new manager wont change the current situation, especially in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom