• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 07/01/04

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
going 20 games unbeaten is indeed a great achievement, but i'm just worried that we keep saying after draws "don't worry, we're only one point behind" and then "don't worry, we're only two points behind" and then "don't worry, we're only three points behind". We could end up being undefeated until the final run-in, but it won't mean much if manure are steadily building up a lead over us by winning games that we draw.

Yeah I know what you mean. Even though it is hard to have a go at the team because we have never made a start this good, the bottom line is we trail man utd by 3 points. They won't drop many points so we have to take advantage.

Just don't understand why when we lead 1-0 why we don't kill the other team off, really gets under my skin. I thought it was Wenger's fault but Freddie said that he was fuming in the summer because we kept throwing away leads like that and demanded we sort ourselves out.

lewdikris

Established Member
As usual, my point is a simple one - CHILL OUT!!! 3 points behind is nothing, absolutely nothing. We're not scoring freely in the league at the moment. It happens.

It'll come round. 18 games to go. 18. Not one. 18. 54 points still available. And our run in is MUCH MUCH easier than United's. Plus we've more home games left than away games... which is good.

For anyone with a bit of history, Liverpool drew their way to the title in the late 70s over QPR (77/78 I think). However you get there is fine.

Man U have only drawn one game this year. That record is more likely not to continue than our unbeaten one is to be broken. They drew three in the second half of the last campaign.

Like i said. Chill out.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It would be utterly bizarre if we went unbeaten but still didn't take the PL.

It could happen!

The up side is that it's pretty obvious we can all still laugh at Chelsea, at least for another season. They will lose/draw more games & have no chance.

As for Manure, they are turning into Arsenal circa 1991-3 inclusive.

Alan Green (for once) got it bang on the other night on 606; "Don't try to tell me (Manure) are a BETTER team than Arsenal".

But tougher yes, more cynical yes etc etc.

We play superb foortball but we're not a winning machine.

jc8gooner

I 'm not sure what to make of our recent inability to get a second goal away from home. Maybe the attackers feel that the defence is now good enough to cope. We have the wrong attitude when we go 1-0 up. Hold on. We should sometimes go for the jugualr, and if they score on the counter, hard luck. Chances are though, we will get a second and the game will be over.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
There hasn't been a game this year where we played good footie took a lead then ..relaxed and got punished. To be very fair..the game against bolton and today..we took leads that came out of nothing. We were not in the game..so in situations like those..you get a goal and cling on it. Its that simple guys. Some days players are out of it..i.e today..so we fight to get a scrappy 1-0 win. Its not that easy going for the second goal when you know you are not playing well..and barely deserved the first one. So for those who keep going on about going for the second to kill the game..be real. You just take what comes and try to hang with it. In all games this year that we gave up leads..if you are honest..you know the other team somehows deserved a draw(not sure about leicester).
And guys we have won quite a handful of scrappy games.
sh* happens..and there will be more draws down the road.

Andrew

marhes26 said:
Im sooooo angry and pissed off!!! i knew everton was going to equalise.I even predicted that Radzinski would score..why?? HE ONLY SCORES AGAINST US!!! DICKHEAD!! GO SCORE AGAINST UTD TOSSER!!.Simple fact is we cant hold a goal lead,and from the commentary on the radio all i was hearing was"its blah blah for everton,everton this everton that"..i wondered if any of our players actually turned up!!.We only started to attack once Everton equalised...why damn it why do we only do that when the **** has already hit the fan????.Do they think us fans get a kick out of singing "1-0 to the arsenal"??? so there for try to hang on to it?.I'm sorry people,im a season ticket holder and have been following Arsenal for 18 years and i dont like criticising the boys,but i dont want us to get into that horrible situation again like the end of last season when we was just hoping that other teams would do us a favour against Utd.I feel like we lost tonight..i feel deeply disapointed because i cant figure out why we go easy on teams instead of trying to kill them off...i would rather have saved some of the 4 goals against Leeds for Everton as we knew that would be a tougher game.I need cheering up..god being a fan can be stressful :cry:

I know exactly how you feel. It is very frustating. In my view perhaps Wenger should rotate the team around more, making sure we have players who are up for each game. And I was listening to the radio as well, and it seemed inevitable that Everton were going to score. Sometimes I actually feel relieved (definitely not happy though) when they do because then I know we'll start attacking again. Because if we defend and defend it's only a matter of time before they score, and it's best they score with around 20 minutes left rather than last minute because it gives us time to win the game again. Sounds stupid I know.

thegame24

Established Member
why is our run easier than man united? im not arguing with ya im just asking so dont bite my head of.

also YOU COULD draw your way to the league title back then cause a win was only 2 points and that means a draw is very valuable.

i think draws these days are worthless especially to big teams. oits ok for relegation teams but not us or man u.

Arsenal316

Well, Arsenal did play a few days ago against Leeds. And we did draw against Everton last year 1-1.

I think Wenger should have altered the line-up a bit from what was used on Sunday.....having your players burn out is not a good thing.

I just hope the players can recover, cause the schedule is about to get even more challenging in a few weeks.

Andrew

lewdikris said:
As usual, my point is a simple one - CHILL OUT!!! 3 points behind is nothing, absolutely nothing. We're not scoring freely in the league at the moment. It happens.

It'll come round. 18 games to go. 18. Not one. 18. 54 points still available. And our run in is MUCH MUCH easier than United's. Plus we've more home games left than away games... which is good.

For anyone with a bit of history, Liverpool drew their way to the title in the late 70s over QPR (77/78 I think). However you get there is fine.

Man U have only drawn one game this year. That record is more likely not to continue than our unbeaten one is to be broken. They drew three in the second half of the last campaign.

Like i said. Chill out.

Yes, well if we're good enough we should still be able to catch up. It just crossed my mind that we still have Man Utd at home, which could be that 3 points that we need. But still, we need to put our head down and start treating each match really importantly. It's pointless if we play sublime in one match but then play ordinary the next and drop points.

lewdikris

Established Member
Well said Mbaki. Last year we would have lost these games against Portsmouth, Bolton and Everton, who both frankly have outplayed us, whilst Leicester simply outforced us.

Man U have been outplayed three times this year - by Fulham, Chelsea and Southampton.

You know what? They lost all those games.

That's the simple fact which will bring us the title.

GOONERITTI

!!.We only started to attack once Everton equalised...why damn it why do we only do that when the **** has already hit the fan????.Do they think us fans get a kick out of singing "1-0 to the arsenal"??? so there for try to hang on to it?.I

Totally agree mate .

We have to blame our selves not the performance of Everton or Bolton ,, when the mancs lost against Fulham we had the chance to go 4 points clear but we drew against Charlton !!!! also when the mancs lost against Chelsea we had the opportunity to go 5 points clear of them but we drew against Fulham !!! And the same old story happened again against , Bolton and leister and am afraid its will happen again and again !! I hate to say it but its seem that we don’t have the sprit that the mancs players have :( Wenger must change the mentality of the players ... when man u sore the first goal they go for the second ,, and thats what our players dont do :(

thegame24

Established Member
dont get me wrong though peeps i still think we are gonna win the league. im just annoyed that we cant do it without giving the fans a heart attack. im 18 and got 3 white hairs on my head for goodness sake. :shock:

Andrew

thegame24 said:
why is our run easier than man united? im not arguing with ya im just asking so dont bite my head of.

Yeah, it's not much easier at all. Apart from them playing Botlon and us playing Everton we play exactly the same teams. Our toughest matches are probably Chelsea away and Man Utd at home. Man Utd have Chelsea at home and us away. And they have 1 more away game more than us to play. So I would say, if anything, they have only a slightly more difficult run than us.

jc8gooner

The only way Chelsea can get back in it is if they beat us and Manure and hope we both slip up in another games.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom