• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 23/08/08

Biggus

Established Member
Re: PL: Fulham v Arsenal | 23-08-80 17:30

Aww listen I don't really want to break Eboues legs....I was just joking, But Marco- I don't ever want to see Eboue mentioned in the same sentence as Fabregas again.

Biggus

Established Member

Captain said:
doesn't really matter, it is what we have and what we have to work with.

True Captain, but it didn't have to be that way. That's why many of us are so upset- can you understand that?

Biggus

Established Member

Captain said:
you being upset has nothing to do with my point.

No, I know you don't care how your fellow supporters feel, but the fact that it didn't have to be this way does. Wenger's brought this up himself and all of us, Do you think he's capable of changing things? his choices are narrowing by the day, is it already too late?

Webdesignlab

Established Member

Big Poppa said:
I feel for Eboue, because he is not a bad player. He's just a symptom of Wenger's baffling desire to extract 150000% from certain players in order to justify having a small squad.

That is so true.

j'nuh

Biggus said:
Captain said:
you being upset has nothing to do with my point.

No, I know you don't care how your fellow supporters feel, but the fact that it didn't have to be this way does. Wenger's brought this up himself and all of us, Do you think he's capable of changing things? his choices are narrowing by the day, is it already too late?

I'd have to agree with you that it may well be too late to salvage those three points, however on the issue of the impending apocalypse, i think we may well have a few days left.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

Biggus we all know it's already too late ... what will happen will happen.

Captain is right. It's what we got ... might as well get on with it.

We are NOT going to sign Xabi, not Barry, nor ... you get the point.

7 days to save the world for AW. A man that has never shown a desire to rectify the current problems in a fast manner. 168 hours and counting (let someone with more time on tgheir hands work that out to the minute).

I am NOT calling for AW head ... But it will obviously roll when we do not qualify for the CL next year. OK, I like anyone else have no idea what will happen and cannot tell the future ... maybe all our Eboues will become superstars and I can eat my words happily.

algunner

The most disgusting performance by the whole team. I mean the whole team was bunch of amatures playing together..... clearly the worst I have seen us play. We don't lose a lot of games but when we loose we make their keeper works hard... or sometimes the ref plays a big role in the defeat or the team gets bullied,, they play long balls and get lucky deflection, the weather and field was huge factor. Against fulham that was disgusting and shameful performance. No body should be singled in that team infact ebue looked a star at least he won us good set piece at good positions. Alonso will not save the midfield because the whole team was embarassing. It was painful to watch and from that Adebayor should not be booed ever unless you boo the whole team because they were as bad as him missing sitters.

Biggus

Established Member

Webdesignlab said:
Biggus we all know it's already too late ... what will happen will happen.

Captain is right. It's what we got ... might as well get on with it.

I know we've got what we've got, and we've got Mr Arsène "We don't need trophies to be successful" Wenger still.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Djourou should never have been made to give way. Nothing new there though.

stiiphunn

Established Member

Horrible performance. I'm not even sure it was about wanting it more, the quality of our midfield was just too awful to create anything meaningful.

Denilson was atrocious, Walcott as useless as ever, and Eboue - bar the last 10 minutes - was ridiculous. Nasri wasn't good either but at least he's managed to bring the ball forward a few times.
The fact that the first good vertical pass came from Song in the last minutes of the game speaks volume. Before that we were just failing each single time.

To be honest, we had a few good chances but overall it simply was not good enough.

Captain

Established Member

actually, Denilson played quite a few good forward passes in the first half. His game mostly fell apart in the second half, up until then he was okay and probably our best midfielder. The term hung out to dry comes to mind.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

lee1001 said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
AFCG7 said:
Gallas needs to be dropped. Thats all.
So does Touré.

What and stick Silverstra and Senderos in there? Stuff nightmares are made of.
Actually I was just pointing out how bad, not only Gallas has been but how bad both of them have been. We can't afford to drop both of them, but we could definitely drop one, I'd drop Kolo.

Wokich

We gave up 1 goal on a corner! That wasn't perfect, but the problems were with the attack, not the defense.

General

Established Member

How Toure started this game is also beyond me, considering Djourou, apart from the one mistake against Brom, has been solid. He looks overweight and could do with extra hours in the gym. How can Wenger, notorious for his strict diets, allow one of his key players to regress in this manner. Poor!

TheEmirateDon

Still, I'm with AFCG7. Toure needs dropping.

He can't continue to keep walking back into the team, without working for his place becasue it sends the wrong message out to the rest.

Yesterday was the second time he's started in our first-team without earning his place on merit. And it's ridiculously annoying to watch. If he's just going to get his place back time and time again then what exactly is the point in the Djourou and Senderos playing there hearts out, genuinely believing they have a chance to cement their places in the team, if it's all going to come to nothing becasue Wenger doesn't have the balls to put crowd favorite, Toure on the bench.

I could understand if Djourou was looking shaky at the back, and constantly making schoolboy errors, but he's hardly put a foot wrong since the strat of this football season. He was solid throughout the Twente game and solid again throughout the West Brom game ( or most of it anyway ). We weren't missing Toure in defence at all, therefore the was no reason for him to be bought back and no reason for Wenger to have dropped Djourou.

The youngers have to earn there place in the team by merit, and the olders should have to do so aswell.

Or else they'll never be competition for places amongst the squad.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom