• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 31/03/07

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lukazan said:
It was a bloody decent shot too. :lol:

Didn't get a replay though. :(

It was a cracker , makes you wonder why doesn't shoot from closer.

alonso14

Established Member
Sorry I havn't been posting recently as I have had alot of stuff going on which has meant that I have been away from the computer.......

Back to the game....We played ok, Arsenal were dire....you could tell from the moment that Crouch scored the 1st you were on a hiding to nothing...there was little desire, and players were arguing amongst themselves, the worst culprits being Denilson, Eboue & Toure...who for 10 minutes were having a mothers meeting.....

The diffrence between the two sides was desire and leadership....we had winners all over the pitch, from reina pulling off a wonder save, to Arbeloa (making his prem debut), to Carra, Gerrard, Crouch...all took the game by the scruff when they had too......

However it was in the midfield where we got a handle on it....Alonso & Mascherano completley nullified any threat from Fabregas.....Masch in particular was exceptional..winning virtually every break down, and passing simple to the nearest player...it meant Arsenal got no momentum and could not run the channels and hurt us...............

I have just read the article on the front page....The author has certain points right, and some wrong.....The fact is we cant play the football Arsenal do as we dont have the players to do so.......Arsenal ware wonderful to watch, and I have never hidden my admration for there style of football, but sometimes you have to battle and cut your cloth accordingly....and until Arsenal learn to battle and win scruffy they will not get the reward that there football deserves.

oh and Crouch was unplayable

Viper

Established Member
Arsenal can win against any scruffy team, as we have shown to beat Blackburn away with 10 men 2-0, and to beat Bolton 3-1 after extra time in the F.A. Cup at the Reebok.

True Gooner

Established Member
alonso14 said:
Sorry I havn't been posting recently as I have had alot of stuff going on which has meant that I have been away from the computer.......

Back to the game....We played ok, Arsenal were dire....you could tell from the moment that Crouch scored the 1st you were on a hiding to nothing...there was little desire, and players were arguing amongst themselves, the worst culprits being Denilson, Eboue & Toure...who for 10 minutes were having a mothers meeting.....

The diffrence between the two sides was desire and leadership....we had winners all over the pitch, from reina pulling off a wonder save, to Arbeloa (making his prem debut), to Carra, Gerrard, Crouch...all took the game by the scruff when they had too......

However it was in the midfield where we got a handle on it....Alonso & Mascherano completley nullified any threat from Fabregas.....Masch in particular was exceptional..winning virtually every break down, and passing simple to the nearest player...it meant Arsenal got no momentum and could not run the channels and hurt us...............

I have just read the article on the front page....The author has certain points right, and some wrong.....The fact is we cant play the football Arsenal do as we dont have the players to do so.......Arsenal ware wonderful to watch, and I have never hidden my admration for there style of football, but sometimes you have to battle and cut your cloth accordingly....and until Arsenal learn to battle and win scruffy they will not get the reward that there football deserves.

oh and Crouch was unplayable

I would go with that.

We defending very poorly and I have always mainatained that our defence lacked when compared to the other 3. Toure & Gallas are quality CBs but they havent really hit off this season. Clichy and Eboue havent played enough with the two CB to be actually called a defensive unit. Plus, we have always been poor in dealing with crosses. And Liverpool put in excellent deliveries and Crouch was very good.
Unplayable - ? No. If we defended better then we should have stopped atleast 2 of his goals. Dont overrate him. Baptista scored 4 against you guys. Is/was he unplayable ? Maybe :wink:
But it came down to poor defending from you guys too.
But poor defendiing cannot be offered as the only reason. Chelsea defended worse than us when they played Sp**s. But they still turned the game around. Not saying that we would have beaten Liverpool, but we could have certainly made the scoreline look more respectable. As for Fabregas, he had no options. Liverpool(aided by the first goal) marked all the runners very well. Rosicky and Ljungebrg would have made a differecne since their both natural off-ball runners. Gilberto would have also sorted things out and give Fabregas the option to go back for a change.
Someone else also said that this would have been a perfect game for Senderos - I am incline to agree with him because for whatever his weaknesses he thrives on these games.
Also, stop the knee-jerk threads, we beat Liverpool 3 times this season anyway which isnt a small thing :roll:

And Benitez was better than Wenger tactically. He knew that he could beat us by playing ________ since he was humilated whenever he tried to outplay us.

number_0

Established Member
Well first we werent crap, we were just unmotivated, i really dont even see why, if we have won that mickey mouse cup or beaten blackburn, would it have changed our attitude?

and secondly we kind of dominated for many times in the game, and left liverpool to pack their defence like a 2nd devision team.
liverpool didnt have that many chances, but took what they had clincly and that what explains the scoreline.

liverpool were also crap, and had we been in a better form i can see a repeat of what happened in the emirates.

anyway i wondered why he had dropped Rosicky, when there are much more tired players playing, my only explaintion is it was because of what happened in Germany.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom