• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 04/05/06

Saville

Must win game! god knows why it's on a Thursday though, got really confused when we saw that, practice for UEFA cup next year, never know.

Anyway, we cant afford to slip up this game, i know Man City havnt played well at all in the last few games but this will be the chance for them to turn things around, for us Wenger knows the impotance of this match so i dont think here play the team like he did against Sunderland...

.....................Lehmann.....................

Eboue........Toure.......Campbell....Clichy

Ljunberg.........Cesc........Pires........Cole

...................Adebayor...Henry.............

Subs:
Almunia
Van Persie
Djorou
Bergkamp
Song

Ricky_AFC

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal Kick off Thursday 4th 19.45

SaViLlE_06 said:
Must win game! god knows why it's on a Thursday though, got really confused when we saw that, practice for UEFA cup next year, never know.

Anyway, we cant afford to slip up this game, i know Man City havnt played well at all in the last few games but this will be the chance for them to turn things around, for us Wenger knows the impotance of this match so i dont think here play the team like he did against Sunderland...

Hleb.........Gilberto........Cesc........Cole

Subs:

Van Persie
Djorou
Bergkamp
Pires
Ljunberg

P.S..could someone put My ''Diaby out?'' Topic in arsenal talk, Cheers :)

Are you sure Gilberto and Hleb are back?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
I wouldnt have though Henry and Cesc and possibly Kolo would start this game as im sure Wenger will play his stongest team on Sunday.

Its on a Thursday because the season has been squeazed to give the England boys an extra weeks preparation so the games have to be played before this sunday and because we have had a prolonged season with Champions league we have to reorganise some games and aswell the match with Sunderland that was postponed.

But we got to keep the pressure on Sp**s and hope they slip up against the hammers.

Saville

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal Kick off Thursday 4th 19.45

Ricky_AFC said:
SaViLlE_06 said:

Hleb.........Gilberto........Cesc........Cole

Subs:

Van Persie
Djorou
Bergkamp
Pires
Ljunberg

P.S..could someone put My ''Diaby out?'' Topic in arsenal talk, Cheers :)

Are you sure Gilberto and Hleb are back?

cheers mate, i forgot about them being injured :wink:

Lukazan

Established Member
Not confident about this one.

Thought we were pretty poor today tbh and the scoreline flattered us.

Still look lost in our play away from home.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
I hope Gilberto is at least back, Song is simply not good enough and if he's up against Joey Barton alongside Cesc i would think we would be beaten in that department.
I think Cole should start at Left back this time round let's give him these last two games and see how he goes, is he really ready to play in a big game like the Champions League Final?

Those of you debating whether we should play Sol again after a poor but not terrible performance, why can't we give him the benefit of the doubt like we did with Phil at the start of the season. Phil had a dodgy start but with a couple of games he improved and he doesn't get as much stick as he did then.

He needed games to get match fit and so does Sol, let's see Sol get a few games and see what happens.
Either way if he plays well it's good news for us if he plays badly he won't start in the Champions League Final.

gunnerGH

Established Member
We better win this one for my sake. My girlfriends a man city fan. If she wins il never hear the end of it! :cry:

Tony Montana

Established Member
I'm not so worried about this. There's no pressure to win as Sp**s have effectively got fourth spot in my eyes. There's no way they'll draw with West Ham.

Saville

Gunnergregharrison said:
We better win this one for my sake. My girlfriends a man city fan. If she wins il never hear the end of it! :cry:

haha :D so funny!

Spike

Established Member
Allyboy said:
This game has been confirmed as being on Sky Sports 1 this Thursday.

I would have preferred if they had chosen to air the Wigan game instead, it being the last game at Highbury.

Yeah can't believe their not showing our last game at Highbury. I mean what other important matches are happening!? Relegation is sorted 1st, 2nd and 3rd are all sorted, only interest is in 4th and we are one of the teams battling to get it and its our final game in the old stadium, they should be ashamed of themselves for not showing it!

Ricky_AFC

OneProudGooner said:
I hope Gilberto is at least back, Song is simply not good enough and if he's up against Joey Barton alongside Cesc i would think we would be beaten in that department.
I think Cole should start at Left back this time round let's give him these last two games and see how he goes, is he really ready to play in a big game like the Champions League Final?

Those of you debating whether we should play Sol again after a poor but not terrible performance, why can't we give him the benefit of the doubt like we did with Phil at the start of the season. Phil had a dodgy start but with a couple of games he improved and he doesn't get as much stick as he did then.

He needed games to get match fit and so does Sol, let's see Sol get a few games and see what happens.
Either way if he plays well it's good news for us if he plays badly he won't start in the Champions League Final.

Agree with your feelings on Ashley, Sol and Song. I want to see a strong line up for this game. After sunday there will be a nice little rest.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Spike said:
Allyboy said:

I would have preferred if they had chosen to air the Wigan game instead, it being the last game at Highbury.

Where did you hear that it's live on Sky? It doesn't mention it on the live fixtures list on the Sky Sports website.

kamikaze80

Established Member
whos gonna be available out of reyes, ljungberg, gilberto, hleb? we know diaby is out (i'm still mad about that).

Saville

Spike said:
Allyboy said:

i thought it was, i thought it was 7.45 kick off? correct me if im wrong though

Tony Montana

Established Member
SaViLlE_06 said:
Spike said:
Allyboy said:

i thought it was, i thought it was 6.45 kick off? correct me if im wrong though

7:45 mate. When have you ever seen a premieship game that starts at 6:45?

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom