• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
FSG appointed a blockbuster manager though? Stan has never done that.

In previous years Stan could’ve backed us with his own money. I don’t know why we struggled so much until 2013 when Stan could’ve helped us out? that’s my point.
Before 2013 the club was under severe financial restrictions due to the stadium.

Maybe he could've spent some more money than he did, but the thinking then was to be a CL club and after the restriction is over the club can become active in the transfer market and begin to invest in the team. But it backfired

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Can’t believe we have spent £300 million in the last 18 months and have this poor a team to show for it...I mean, we obviously haven’t spent that much, but still...
We spent £93m in 19/20, £65m in 18/19 and in 17/18 we sold more than we bought. The club has actually spent £153m in the last 3 seasons.

Still got the 5th most expensive squad, shouldn't be mid-table.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are you drinking on a Sunday morning?

No is the answer and I rewatched the highlights of our matches. I think we are playing 4 3 3 in both games the entire time even with Özil. I think the media department purposely only show the shape once.

I think Arteta has experimented with 6 up and 4 back. We go 4 3 3 without the ball. Özil is the left side of a 3 with AMN right and Guendouzi holding.

We are inverting the right back and pushing an extra midfielder forward.

Tierney----Auba----Nketiah--------Pepe
----------------Saka------Willock

-----------Ceballos-----------------Bellerin

------------Luiz-----------------------Mustafi

Saka for Özil
AMN for Willock
Kola for Tierney
Laca for Eddie
Nelson for Pepe
Martinelli for Auba
Guendouzi for Ceballos
Sokratis for bellerin

That's what it looked like. Just depends who is fitter.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We spent £93m in 19/20, £65m in 18/19 and in 17/18 we sold more than we bought. The club has actually spent £153m in the last 3 seasons.

Still got the 5th most expensive squad, shouldn't be mid-table.

Just my boy @GDeep™ struggling to correctly add up our transfers it seems...

tumblr_n8xv62TSpx1qhy7g3o1_250.gif

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Somejlhow, you have to have Martinelli start as CF. We have a much better chance of winning as he puts defenders under pressure.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Another thing that's got me worried is their incessant fouls. Hope Anthony Taylor doesn't put up with it. They spoil your rhythm with so much fouls. Regularly fouling players who aren't back to full fitness can cause injuries.

That said, City have a phobia of fast players. They couldn't live with Adama in both legs of their games against wolves this season.

Same also in their games against utd, their backline were run ragged by United's speedsters. Arteta was present for both games. Hope he deploys Martinelli. They're going to have a nightmare defending against him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Too pessimistic in here, as almost always. Ok we're in 9th place before kick off but it's not many points up till top 4.

Actually pretty positive personally for many reasons, but it's on the edge since all of this seems pointless, if we lose Auba and most importantly Saka.

Not saying we will, but he hasn't extended either..

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I also think it's one with some of the most promising young players though. That's a bonus.
Promising? Maybe Saka and Gab ... Douzy have cero technical ability on those legs. Willock playing as cam is ridiculous, he has cero 360 awareness, he has not surgical pass ability. He doesn't even have the goals Ramsey had and he doesn't like me as Cam either. Nelson bah, not even close to Gnabry quality at his age. And Pepe is 80 million for the most inconsistent player. He has quality but not the brain for the key play.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Promising? Maybe Saka and Gab ... Douzy have cero technical ability on those legs. Willock playing as cam is ridiculous, he has cero 360 awareness, he has not surgical pass ability. He doesn't even have the goals Ramsey had and he doesn't like me as Cam either. Nelson bah, not even close to Gnabry quality at his age. And Pepe is 80 million for the most inconsistent player. He has quality but not the brain for the key play.

Disagree with everything you have said.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Disagree with everything you have said.
That's ok, To me Douzy is the young player with the least technical ability we have signed in the last 20 years. Even Denilson had that good technic Arsenal needed. Douzy is like that guy you know is going to lose the ball or slow the play if you give him and strong ball. The guy only knows how to run with the ball. He doesn't even tackle, and even Torreira can push him like 10 meters away

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Willock has the potential to develop to top level No8 imo

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
That's ok, To me Douzy is the young player with the least technical ability we have signed in the last 20 years. Even Denilson had that good technic Arsenal needed. Douzy is like that guy you know is going to lose the ball or slow the play if you give him and strong ball. The guy only knows how to run with the ball. He doesn't even tackle, and even Torreira can push him like 10 meters away
I find Gendouzhi is good running at the box in the final third, I think anytime Gendouzhi normally tries to dribble they just foul him because its normally deep and not in a dangerous position but a defender isnt able to do that in the penalty box. He can be slow releasing the pass and hes incredibly frustrating at times, hes like a kid that needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck and told to make a pass or a run. Might come good, might not.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Willock has the potential to develop to top level No8 imo

Willock has bad stamina and that will severly limit his ability as a midfielder. Once he runs up the pitch his ability to run back down is very limited. Guendouzi has the stamina to run for days, so if we can fuse Guendouzi and Willock into one player we would have gotten someone worth getting excited about. But ATM both are flawed players and I am not sure their ceiling is that high.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I’d just like us to bring the game to them with pace and purpose. Match is impossible to predict because there’s no form to base predictions on.

Leno

Bellerin Luiz Mari Tierney

Guendouzi Saka

Pepe Özil Gabi

Auba​

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I’d just like us to bring the game to them with pace and purpose. Match is impossible to predict because there’s no form to base predictions on.

Leno

Bellerin Luiz Mari Tierney

Guendouzi Saka

Pepe Özil Gabi

Auba​
Horrible lineup.

We're begging to get beat with that lineup.

Silva and KDB are going to have a field day cutting through that midfield.

The only way Saka and Guendouzi would work is in a midfield three. They need one extra midfielder beside them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom