• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Apologies in advance for the long winded post.

Honestly, it's not a zero sum game. Since winning away at Man City in 2015 our away record v top 6 sides is as follows:

P22, W0, D8, L14, F24 A50

Pretty abysmal huh?

Trust me, this isn't because we haven't been taking the game to these teams or trying to play attacking football. Whether it's attacking or defending we need to play smart football and be disciplined but playing with intensity.

They know that with every failed one-two between our strikers while our full backs are in the attacking third waiting for the switch, they can be in on goal with a 3 v 3 with a simple pass over the top of midfield. They don't have to be good.

Counter-attack is Man Utd's only hope on Monday. Daniel James is by far their biggest threat, followed by Greenwood. Then it's set pieces. The basic requirement away from home where you get fewer free kicks and time on the ball is to be compact, apply pressure and know where you are supposed to be on the pitch in attacking and defensive situations.

If you do that, you not only have the basis for so-called attacking football but you can do it without having to chase the game and over commit, against quite often poor sides needing a boost in confidence.

Exciting for the neutral though.
I’d agree in 99% of away games to the top 6 but United’s team is so terribly bad with these injuries that it will just be a mental thing if we don’t play well there. The gap in quality between the two first XI’s is ridiculous.

IMO we need more of a plan going to Leicester and West Ham than this season’s Man United. Last season we got absolutely brushed aside at those two sides.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

These lads got scared away at Watford, don't have much faith that they will suddenly destroy a sh*tty United team at Old Trafford.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
You don't think it's a weak line up? :eek:

They have 200m+ worth of talent in defence alone, I think they’ll be hard to break down. Attacking wise they look poor with all the injuries but I wouldn’t underestimate them, it’s derby game after all.

I think we’ll win but it will be a very competitive affaire.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Away at Old Trafford his is an opportunity to good not to take.

But weve seen this script before. Injury ravaged United still getting a result. Itll be a fantastic marker for Emery to get the result.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Got a should have won but Diaby headed one top bin of our own goal feeling about this one

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We couldn't defeat them when they were in free fall under Lvg and Mourinho, don't have too many hopes from this match.

Beast Incarnate

I'd just throw Bellerin and Tierney straight in. I'd at least play Tierney, with Chambers at RB.

I'd want Xhaka replaced with Torreira, but we know that's not happening.

Hopefully AMN doesn't get anywhere near the starting line-up.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What happened to pinning the current match day thread?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
No Rashford, Martial and maybe no Pogba by the looks of it. We're not winning this somewhow.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Let Torreira shield the back four that he does best. Start Holding alongside Luiz. The latter can peng dem ballz to our wide men, Saka and Nico Pepe. Xhaka or Guendouzi should get the nod alongside Torreira, preferably the latter i would say. I'd give Xhaka a rest for this one. Bring Chambers into the fold as RB. Let Kolasinac aka Hulk smash some *****es up. Aubameyang (C) leading the line. Özil or Willock (leaning towards Özil) as a natural CAM position, Ceballos is an option as well but i think id prefer him off the bench for this one. Let's do this lads and lassies, imma bout to down me sixth beer for the evening and i'm so psyched for this fecking game!!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Car crash derby my hairy ass, United v. Arsenal will always be one of ze greatest games no matter the time place or fecking division and i will hear nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom