• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Mancs vs Arsenal | Sun May 17th | 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Are we third because we improved or because Liverpool are ****e without Suarez?

I'm not sure really. I think we could have done better if it wasn't for the ****ing around with the formation and square pegs in round holes. Start of the season was terrible with the 4-1-4-1 and Özil on the left and Wilshere and Ramsey getting in each others way.

There still is a lot of room for improvement I think, but if we retain the cup it has been a good season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

I'm not sure really. I think we could have done better if it wasn't for the ****ing around with the formation and square pegs in round holes. Start of the season was terrible with the 4-1-4-1 and Özil on the left and Wilshere and Ramsey getting in each others way.

There still is a lot of room for improvement I think, but if we retain the cup it has been a good season.

Agree.. You could also ask if Liverpool just an one season wonder? We usually finish above them anyway.

Either way it matters very little as I very much doubt we could've done anything in the summer to match Chelski's 90+ points total.

We've the second/third best squad in the league with the potential to become the best this summer. Let's focus on that.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

It's quite clear to me. You've gotten less points than last season.

Everton got 5th last season with the same point tally that Man Utd can get if they win next week, and they've already secured 4th.

The top teams in the league have been appallingly bad this season, underlined by the shocking results in Europe with Arsenal going out to Monaco and Chelsea, the league champions, going out to PSG.

Even if you win the rest of your games, you're 2 points off from last season and lifted the same cup. To me, that's certainly not improvement - I honestly don't see how you could possibly spin it as such.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

As a whole we have definitely improved , quality going fwd from right back , Nacho emergence as a left back especially in big games , Alexis adding 20 goals to our attack , Cazorla has been a revelation deep , Giroud is definitely better . I am expecting us to get better next season . We do need reinforcement in midfield , in goal and striker if we could . We also need our internal solutions like AOC , Theo and Jack to go an extra step .

infineon

Established Member
Alexis adding 20 goals to our attack , Cazorla has been a revelation deep , Giroud is definitely better . I am expecting us to get better next season .
Did Alexis *add* 20 goals or just replace the 15+ goals that Walcott was starting to give us before the cruciate injury? I am not sure he is actually adding much as Giroud's total output is fairly constant and none of the other midfielders are stepping up with the 15 goals.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Did Alexis *add* 20 goals or just replace the 15+ goals that Walcott was starting to give us before the cruciate injury? I am not sure he is actually adding much as Giroud's total output is fairly constant and none of the other midfielders are stepping up with the 15 goals.

Don't get what you are saying mate ? Walcott is still in the squad and so is Alexis that's adding isn't it ? Also Ramsey is capable of double digits and Santi chips in as well .

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't get what you are saying mate ? Walcott is still in the squad and so is Alexis that's adding isn't it ? Also Ramsey is capable of double digits and Santi chips in as well .

I think the point is Alexis is playing all the games Walcott used to play so it's not like he's adding to Walcott's goals because Walcott's goals arent happening anymore.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
https://twitter.com/Kiyaawe/status/600026273197510656

I ****ing love our away support.

The look on his face when he says thank you but then realises it was our fans who were singing, just epic.
I love it. This is how we should support at home tbh. Why is it when we are at home it's silent but when we are away we seem to dominate stadiums?

I'm not a seasons ticket holder so I can hardly complain, but our home support is freaking ****.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think the point is Alexis is playing all the games Walcott used to play so it's not like he's adding to Walcott's goals because Walcott's goals arent happening anymore.

That's a pretty pedantic view mate .
I'm talking about the squad as a whole we've added more goals scoring potency to it .

a_fourteen

Established Member
Why did wenger not bring jack and theo on at the hour mark? We were getting nothing from the game. Why does he always wait till the 70th minute? We have foolishly dropped 5 points in the last week playing the same 11.

It's quite clear to me. You've gotten less points than last season.

Everton got 5th last season with the same point tally that Man Utd can get if they win next week, and they've already secured 4th.

The top teams in the league have been appallingly bad this season, underlined by the shocking results in Europe with Arsenal going out to Monaco and Chelsea, the league champions, going out to PSG.

Even if you win the rest of your games, you're 2 points off from last season and lifted the same cup. To me, that's certainly not improvement - I honestly don't see how you could possibly spin it as such.

People are forgetting how big factor world cup played in this for us this season. Add to that freak injuries. Smaller teams in the league improved since last season. So many points we lost in the beginning of the season because of injuries, world cup hangover, too many signings that distruped squad harmony, etc, etc...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but if Alexis wasn't there and Walcott is out injured then you have lost Theos goals and not gained. Once Theo is back and in form we have two wide men capable of 15 plus goals a season rather than the one player

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Overall a poor performance, all of our attacking players were poor until Ramsey turned super saiyan for the last 20 mins.

Hate to say it but yet again Giroud really should have won it for us. People have a go at those who criticise Giroud but his position comes with the most scrutiny

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that hit from the near post should be bread and butter for Giroud - that would have been 2-1 and game over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Giroud had 2 great chances to score first one before we scored and the 2nd after we scored. hopefully Giroud find his goal scoring touch again before the final.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This match is basically an example of why having a very competitive squad more harm than good. Wenger doesn't know how to rotate. It's nice being able to name an unchanged side but those players need to have earned their spot.

eye4goal

Established Member
Sanchez needs to mix his game a little more and be more aggressive with his movement. The positioning of Theo for the equaliser is something we should be constantly looking for with Sanchez given his 1-on-1 ability, but he just gets far too involved in the build-up for it to happen.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Been thinking about this game for 24 hours.

Ultimately it was a let down. The performance of the first half was just so atrocious. Everything wrong in the last 5 years again on display. Everyone was off.

Giroud had his donkey boots on missing the broad side of a barn and having woeful first touch. Monreal had a complete breakdown of awareness and let his zone unattended for the goal like a Sunday leaguer on a hangover. Alexis looked knackered. Özil looked too timid to shoot. Santi had a mare. Ospina looked short.

Don't know if its people getting tired at the end of long year or just the mentality issue we have had in recent years. Either way it needs to change before we can step up a level.

There were some promising moments in second half. Wilshere-Ramsey actually looked good together and after the subs we started to dominate United's midfield. Had some good attacking movements. Walcott showed something. He showed that even if he isnt quite on form he still has the mentality and killer instinct to go for goal and force it. That is something he was showing before his longterm ACL injury and is something the team sorely needs. Remember how classic his 2-0 was getting taken off at Tottenham.

I think people forget that one thing Theo finally developed in that last 12-18 months before his injury was a killer instinct mentality. He goes for goal and always believe he can score. I think that is something that Alexis also has but players like Özil, Giroud, Wilshere and Santi lack. Those 4 are all more streak/form/tempo scorers. Alexis and Theo always believe they are going to score their next shot even if they missed their last 10.

Ramsey is inconsistent still with this quality but looks to be moving there. We need Theo's scoring outlook. If he leaves we absolutely have to replace it with someone better at that like Reus.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When was the last time Santi scored from open play? His shooting has gone to ****e since his debut season - for a talent such as him, it's inexplicable.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
When was the last time Santi scored from open play? His shooting has gone to ****e since his debut season - for a talent such as him, it's inexplicable.

Against Newcastle in december. His only goal from open play this season.

His shooting and finishing is embarrassingly **** these days. Loves taking a hopeless shot when there's a wall of players in front of him too.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Aye - it's gotten to the point where you cringe when the ball falls to Santi in open play and a SOG is there for the taking...Dead ball he's a different animal though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His open play shots have been regressing since last season. I remember people questioning why someone with such good technique skies/mis-hits so many shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom