• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 09/04/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 303
  • Views 9,646

patrick42uk

Established Member
wenger is complaining about the man utd cvhelsea fixture being moved. i dont agree that the rules should be changed i.e keep prem fixtures in an f.a.cup weekend because we can benefit from that. but i do feel that if chelsea had to play bayern, then man utd, then arsenal, it would have made things very interesting indeed. as it stands, they play bayern on tuesday and have a 8 days break before playing us. we play blackburn on saturday.

Sith_Gooner

OMG 2-0, on radio 5 live I predicted 2-0 to canaries, yeah, as a joke!!!!
Cant believe it, all except bull-ton score has pleased me today!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and did I say ;D

shaz

great, now we need to beat chelsea, hope utd beat them, and hope they draw three more games, and the premiership is ours!

hey it could happen you know... keep the faith! ;D

afrodizzy

shaz said:
great, now we need to beat chelsea, hope utd beat them, and hope they draw three more games, and the premiership is ours!

hey it could happen you know... keep the faith! ;D

INDEED LETS KEEP THE FAITH

JazzG

Established Member
Heard we were crap but we won the match and are now 3 points clear of Man utd and within touching distance of Chelsea............if we try to reach out with a 20 foot pole that is :p

eddie_wills said:
Senderos did make one error which fortunately Hasselbaink could not capitalise on, but apart from that he played well. Good though he's been, he has made a few mistakes in matches (Sheff Utd home and away, Bayern Munich home) which he's been lucky that the opposition haven't taken advantage of. It was the same with Almunia first few games - he was making mistakes but getting away with them. I don't want to put a downer on things, but bear this in mind

Credit to Toure today, he was my man of the match and generally excellent - easy to forget his contribution with Big Phil's rise to prominence

Good to hear some of our defenders have some luck, with Toure it seems everytime he makes a mistake the other team score but long may Big Phil's luck continue!

Canuck

Established Member
3 points and pressure on the mancs are the only things on my mind right now.
Congrats to Bobby for managing to come through in a pinch. Season's almost over folks and Chelski still haven't officially won the league. All in all it's a pretty good Saturday.
:mrgreen:

Sith_Gooner

Ice Berg legend said:
C'mon Norwich....letsbyavenue ;D ;D ;D

:lol: Bet Delia's really cooking up something special tonight!

I imagine she couldn't have gone in the changing rooms before the game, the score might have been slightly different otherwise?

asajoseph

Established Member
What a CRACKING day. A poor performance, but a ground out result away from home against a decent team. So well done gunners!

Bloody great result for Norwich, I have a soft spot for Delia, so I would love it if they stay up - still looks unlikely, but they'll at least have some nice memories to take back to the Championship, and the sound of our applause ringing in their ears.

Liverpool too - how on earth did THAT team beat Juve 2-1? Unbelievable. Hope they get the spanking they deserve next week.

Right. Time to get drunk! Evening all!

patrick42uk

Established Member
just watched the game in full and i have to say, toure put in an impressive performance. there is a distinct lack of recognition of this here with a lot of people buying the opinion that toure supposedly isnt a natural defender. this, and i am sure, future performances will rubbish that. i am of the opinion that he has a fantastic future at this club, as a center half. he is such a young boy and the second season is always difficult in any position for a youngster. when the decision was made to go with kolo at the start of last season, a lot of people here were against it. how he did last year kept the discontented quiet but i feel there have been those waiting to pounce on any faults he displays.

asajoseph

Established Member
Sorry Patrick, but it will take a lot more than one performance against an underperforming 'Boro side to convince me that Kolo Toure has a future as a centre back. The number of poor performances he's had this season FAR outweighs those in which he has impressed. I still hold to my oppinion about him, that his positional sense is severely lacking.

The fact is that the Premiership is not a league in which these flaws are shown up as often, but as soon as it comes to playing the top teams in Europe he looks like a fish out of water. So if the only trophy we were interested in winning was the premiership, Kolo Toure would probably be just about ok (even IF he has been shown up on more than one occasion this season). But if we're challenging for serious honours, we need better players than him playing in our backline.

Again, I believe that Kolo is no better or worse than he was last season. I've expounded at length as to why I believe he was protected last season more than this, and I'd prefer not to go into it yet again. I guess I'll probably have to at some point, but I'm too tired now. But in my view, there are simply too many fans that have bought into the emotional attachment that was created by Kolo's apparently positive first season, and are unwilling/unable to recognise the obvious faults that have been exploited this year. No, I still don't believe that Kolo is good enough to be a regular CB in a side that is challenging for top domestic and european honours. Do I think he has a role to play? Yes. But as a regular CB? No, he's just not good enough.

A

Anonymous

I think Toure has all the qualities needed to be a world class CB-- Size,tackling, pace, quickness, heading ability, passing..

What he lacks now is simply experience and a little more composure. Experience will improve his reading of the game-- how better to use his natural talents for his gain against different kinds of forwards...

Toure hasn't had a consistent partner for the entire season, and he was also coming aginst hefty expectations. No, Toure can have a great future here as a CB partnering Sol and then Senderos-- if the latter can make it. It will be a shame if Toure's promise is denied an avenue of growth. I',m not really keen at this point on a Senderos/ Campbell partnership. I think pacy & quick forwards could cause a lot of problems for such a twosome.

Zepp

For all of the praise Senderos gets on this forum and others - he gave the ball away dangerously on a number of occasions today and its not the first time its happened.

He also looked particularly slow when he lost the ball on 1 or 2 occasions. Kolo on the other hand is rapid and played well today :thup:

asajoseph

Established Member
Kwame - you missed the most important skill of all for a CB: Positional awareness. I can't name a SINGLE world class CB that has ever played the game that has lacked this, and Kolo CERTAINLY does.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom