• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 13/12/08

General

Established Member
Re: Middlesbrough v Arsenal|Sat., Dec 13, 2008 12:45 SS1

I personally don't understand why people seem so downhearted by this draw. I actually saw a lot of positives here and Wenger was right in the sense that we would've easily lost this game a few weeks ago. If Jan comes around and we can add to the squad, then I'm all for it. It certainly was an improved performance from our sorry away days, bearing in mind we were well and truly beaten at the same venue last season.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Klaus Daimler said:
tactica442 said:
It's like the Sp**s game we could've hammered the sc*m. But the game still ended in a draw despite leading with two goals.

It really sums up this team.
Disgraceful way to lose two points of course, but look at Sp**s record this season instead. They got one point against Chelsea at the Bridge, three against Liverpool and one against United. And none of those teams managed to score four goals on them.

And, sure, we lost to Hull and Stoke in a pretty disgraceful way, but again, look at their results against the other teams. Stoke almost took all three points with them from Anfield before they settled for a draw. Hull got one point yesterday. The difference is not that big.
I wouldn't use the word 'disgrace' to describe some negative results. I'm not bothered going through that kind of literacy. Eff words are more handy to me. Speaking of not getting results against some lesser teams despite beating ManU and Chelsea, it just tells you about how goood this team are - a team struggling to secure the 4th place. It's just not good enough. A win in Stamdford Bridge, plus a rest in midweek and still drew against a team not getting results in six serial games? Worrying, isn't it? Wenger said getting four away points against Chelsea and Boro is not a bad run. Fair enough. But I didn't see the team smashing the ball on Boro's crossbar or any outstanding performance many times from the Boro keeper either.

@patrick: I understand Wenger trying to lift his players. Problem is he did too many times and too often. I'm not sure Wenger had to say such protective things so frequently 5-6 years ago. I am not saying Wenger should've bashed his players in postmatch interview. But if a manager keeps talking about young players need confidence and belief in public, it really makes you wonder how strong this team is mentally and how imbalance this team is in terms of age and experiences. It's like a vicious cycle. Sometimes it's quite a contrast if putting Wenger's postgame interview with other managers' forthcoming views regarding their own players' performance.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

tactica442 said:
Klaus Daimler said:
tactica442 said:
It's like the Sp**s game we could've hammered the sc*m. But the game still ended in a draw despite leading with two goals.

It really sums up this team.
Disgraceful way to lose two points of course, but look at Sp**s record this season instead. They got one point against Chelsea at the Bridge, three against Liverpool and one against United. And none of those teams managed to score four goals on them.

And, sure, we lost to Hull and Stoke in a pretty disgraceful way, but again, look at their results against the other teams. Stoke almost took all three points with them from Anfield before they settled for a draw. Hull got one point yesterday. The difference is not that big.
I wouldn't use the word 'disgrace' to describe some negative results.
Wasn't about the results (which should be obvious since I pointed out that the other top teams have lost points against the same teams), it was in respect to how they happened.

General said:
I personally don't understand why people seem so downhearted by this draw. I actually saw a lot of positives here and Wenger was right in the sense that we would've easily lost this game a few weeks ago. If Jan comes around and we can add to the squad, then I'm all for it. It certainly was an improved performance from our sorry away days, bearing in mind we were well and truly beaten at the same venue last season.
Rare to see someone talking sense in this thread, but it's welcome.

nazo

Established Member

General said:

All three of our rivals drew while Aston Villa won. Bah.
At this rate, Villa are going to win this freaking thing

hackajack

Established Member

General said:
I think the reaction is due to the amount of catch up we need to do to wipe out earlier poor results. A point at Middlesbro isn't a bad result normally.

progman07

Established Member

General said:
Yes but then this is the story of the last 3 years. IF we buy, then it will be okey. And we never buy.

I'm not extremely sad with the draw, in fact it would be good if we weren't 8 points off the top. We need to catch up, but we are drawing and losing every second game.

Lukazan

Established Member

General said:

Nothing to be upbeat about. It was a poor performance.

We could have easily lost this game on the very day, nevermind a few weeks ago. The goal was gifted to us, Adebayor didn't have to move an inch.

Lucky to score and lucky Boro weren't given a penalty for the blatant Clichy trip.

General

Established Member

Fukn hell people. This must be a record for the post quoted post in one page. Sorry for showing some optimism amidst the doom mongering. Now let me have my fun.

@ Lukazan - We had Boro on the back foot and it was only a matter of time before we scored. In fact RVP should've finished that crisp passing move. We took our foot off the gas and let them back in. You don't call 13 shots (6 on target) lucky!

This was definitely a step in the right direction. Sorry if you doom mongers can't see it.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

but General was same against Chelsea when we won...some here were complaining bitterly about the performace and saying it was just luck we won. Yep luck we restricted Chelsea to one shot on target on their home turf and at the same scoring twice, and having four other shots on target, incl two that brought very good saves from Cech

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

General said:
Fukn hell people. This must be a record for the post quoted post in one page. Sorry for showing some optimism amidst the doom mongering. Now let me have my fun.

@ Lukazan - We had Boro on the back foot and it was only a matter of time before we scored. In fact RVP should've finished that crisp passing move. We took our foot off the gas and let them back in. You don't call 13 shots (6 on target) lucky!

This was definitely a step in the right direction. Sorry if you doom mongers can't see it.
Never noticed that - well done. Anyway, my comments earlier are in agreement with yours. We didn't play poorly at all.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom