• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 11/04/04

patrick42uk

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I think it might wise to let Henry recharge his batteries. A draw wouldn't be a bad result. We have enough strikers and shouldn't always have to play Henry just coz he's the best out of the bunch. Don't forget that he's only human.

he is human, but he has had more rest than most of the squad. if anything, its sol campbell and toure that worry me. i think its best if we see as close as possible to our first 11 tomorrow. we cannot risk anything or take anything for granted. it would be preferable to wrap the premiership up early which would mean players being rested, rather than doing it now and risk placing pressure on ourselves in the last few games.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Thierry will play, I'd be shocked if he didn't. We've got 5 days till our next match, home to Leeds. Let's face it, he should be able to start Jose and Dennis against them and get a result. Maybe even Kanu. Patrick's right though, Kolo and Sol must be knackered.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Still if Titi's carrying an injury or isn't quite fit it might be wise to rest him to ensure that he's fit for our remaining fixtures. Its a bit of a conundrum for Arsène. We know that Jose Reyes is going to start.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree about Kolo and Sol. Keown will probably get a game soon. Probably the Leeds one so that he can resume his dual with Viduka.

Mark

Established Member
Bergy won't start this one. He played the full 90 against Liverpool. Kanu might be a possibility though.

Eastrek

At the Liverpool match when they interviewed Wenger before the game he was asked where Silvain was and his reply was "he isnt quite ready for todays game, but should be avaliable to START against Newcastle"

Andrew

I think Henry will start. He will want to play so I think he will. Also think that Vieira will play.

I think it will be:

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Campbell Cole
Gilberto Vieira Edu Pires
Reyes Henry

Wiltord hasn't been on the bench recently so I doubt he'll start. Vieira, Pires and Henry might need to be rested but I think they'll start as this is an important game. All we have is the league to play for so we pretty much should choose a team capable of winning. As the saying goes, one game at a time. And a win here and it would be a huge step towards the title.

Jinn

Established Member
Agree with you Andrew, especially about Wiltord not starting. I wonder if Henry will start either - it could be Reyes and Bergkamp or even Aliadiere. I expect Wiltord to make an appearance in the second half though.

A

Anonymous

NO MORE RESTING, no no no no no. we all should of learned that resting only helps to **** us up. just one more game, one more tough game to get through then we can look to resting players, not yet though, we still have this game to win, and we wont do it with a weakened team

n_henry

KoLo28 said:
we don't want to burn the players out though this isn't the last game of the season...

True, but as this is the only thing we can win now, let's grab it by the throat. :twisted: With Chelski's slip up against Boro, we gotta win this to go 9 points clear, and Newcastle aren't going to be pushovers - we need our best team, IMHO.

Just gotta hold on for another couple of games (ie win the next few), and then we should be good...
:?

kanooo

I don't want to predict this match, really. Newcastle are an unpredictable opponent. I just hope we're not too tired to match them.

Aussie

Established Member
clockend_faithful said:
NO MORE RESTING, no no no no no. we all should of learned that resting only helps to f**k us up. just one more game, one more tough game to get through then we can look to resting players, not yet though, we still have this game to win, and we wont do it with a weakened team

Totally agree. Its the next few games that will win us the league. With Boring Boro earning a draw against Chel$ki full strength side should be picked. We can wrap it up in the next few games and then the players can rest.

orion

Another tough game, specially considering our heavy fixtures before this one. If there's one game where the odds are aginst us it must be this one. Just hope that the players find a way to get the extra recources from their bodies like they did in the second half against Liverpool to get through this game.

Reyes should offer freshness upfront and Edu should be OK to start in midfield. Have to see if Wiltord actually get's a starting place, but I would not mind trying him for the first 45 minutes and then bring on Pires or Freddie in second half. Clichy is also another oprion to the left wing, but I don't think he'll be starting unless Arsène deems that Cole needs a rest.

Important to keep a compact formation and get Reyes and Henry into quick encounters with some good passes. One point would certainly be good enough result for us and leave us in a good position for the remaining games.
Good luck Gunners!!!

mood

I don't know why I'm a bit worried. I feel we'll be exhausted from Friday and play badly and won't get a good enough result. That's why I hope we play some fresh players.

Eastrek

Hopefully we will carry on where we left off on friday.

I thnk knowing the Chelsea score yesterday will help the lads, its getting so close they can smell it. If Chelsea had won yesterday it might have pilled too much pressure on those weary legs today.

We are on the home straight now boys.....lets see it home!

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom